The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Daycare Monthly Routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
I vaguely remember an EXCELLENT post here on the Café about marketing a different theme show to day cares for every month of the year.

I listed each month and had a different theme for that month. But now I cannot find it anywhere.

I have done my due diligence with Google search on TheMagicCafe before asking here but still cannot find it.

Does anyone remember the post I'm talking about? A link to it would be GREAT!
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
Robin4Kids
View Profile
Veteran user
Lower Alabama
396 Posts

Profile of Robin4Kids
I believe that post was by Jolly Roger. You can go to his website, comicmagician.com and look under Preschools for his listing of monthly programs. Perhaps someone can come up with the link to the posting on TMC.
Robin4Kids
View Profile
Veteran user
Lower Alabama
396 Posts

Profile of Robin4Kids
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=17&30
I believe this was the post I was thinking about. Not sure if it is the one YOU were thinking about though! Hope it is helpful.
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Thank you. That's EXACTLY what I was looking for.

I've tweaked his list for what my market. I'd love input from you pros.

What are the strengths and weaknesses of the following schedule?

==============================================

January—Self-Esteem

February—Dental Hygiene

March—Nutrition

April—Saving the planet (recycling)

May— Swimming Pool & Sun Safety

June—Fitness is Fun

July—The Magic of Reading

August— Stranger Danger

September— Anti-Bullying

October—Halloween Safety

November—Thanksgiving Fun

December—Visit from Santa

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore, MD
639 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
Quote:
On 2013-10-08 15:20, curtgunz wrote:
What are the strengths and weaknesses of the following schedule?

I don't see any issues with those themes (you might consider science & patriotic). I did this several years ago. It was a blast scripting the different shows, making sure there was no overlap and using only what I had in my collection (OK, I fudged a bit on that one). The daycare directors seemed to enjoy the idea and several of them booked me more than once a year. (multi show discounts helped with that)
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Baltimore, MD, USA
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Most libraries around here are on a tight budget and book a couple acts a year. You will be very lucky to get one booking a year out of them, and two bookings a year is absolutely unheard of.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I wrote Libraries, but I meant to say day care centers although the rule applies equally to both.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
As usual, "absolutes" are anything but. I have three daycares and two after-school/Track-Out programs that bring me in monthly for themed shows. We combine the shows with a birthday celebration for the kids and teachers with birthdays that month. As Wes mentioned, I offer a contracted discount for multiple shows. Part of that agreement includes discounted party appearances for the Daycare and School program teachers and staffers. It all puts cash in my pocket. Anything is possible with the right approach and reputation. Never say never.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
OK................here is a bit of advice that will put thousands of dollars into your pocket, regardless of where you live in the USA. Several of the national chains will book you for themed shows every month. There you have it ladies and gentlemen. The rest is up to you. I shall say no more on the matter. I would naturally prefer you to create your own themes rather than steal mine, but that is your choice. Now go to it, and when you have made your first $20,000, feel free to send me my commission!! Smile JR
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2819 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I highly recommend that you do steal some of JR's daycare ideas and themes. Smile

Once you have a list, make sure you give the daycares a copy of the themes. Some of the centers may decide later to schedule the monthly work around one of your themes.

Tom
Kind People Are The Best Kind Of People

www.tomboleware.com
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Boleware is a thief and a scoundrel. Ignore his advice!! Smile JR
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Jolly Roger,

Didn't mean to "steal" your ideas. I did base this on what you are doing. I make no pretense about that. I think you are doing great stuff. I'm in a totally different market and I did change mine up some.

As they say, "Imitation is the sincerest form of crab-meat."

Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-10-18 14:06, curtgunz wrote:
Jolly Roger,

Didn't mean to "steal" your ideas. I did base this on what you are doing. I make no pretense about that. I think you are doing great stuff. I'm in a totally different market and I did change mine up some.

As they say, "Imitation is the sincerest form of crab-meat."

Hey Curt...............you are welcome to it!! Just don't tell anyone else our little secret!! Smile JR
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Quote:

Hey Curt...............you are welcome to it!! Just don't tell anyone else our little secret!! Smile JR

No one will ever know. This is just between you and me.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh....

Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Hey what are you guys whispering about…?
Life of Magic!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I thought March was reading month.
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Hey JR I as the old saying goes we know a good show when someone steals it!!! LOL! Too bad I cannot put a themed show together to save my life.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-10-18 20:21, Dynamike wrote:
I thought March was reading month.

It can be if you like Mike!! You're the boss!!! Smile JR
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Just make sure you work COI and RR into each performance, reguardless of which theme you are stealing, I mean using.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-10-19 00:37, charliecheckers wrote:
Just make sure you work COI and RR into each performance, reguardless of which theme you are stealing, I mean using.

Quite right Charlie!!! Smile JR
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Daycare Monthly Routines (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL