The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The NINJA Toss Out Deck by Patrick Redford (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello Everyone,
I saw The NINJA Toss Out Deck preformed by Mr. Patrick Redford last night at his lecture in Orlando, Florida. I not only saw it performed but I was the first guy to select a card from the deck!

I have been doing a toss out deck for a few years and never seen anything like this. This is really something special.

Patrick held the cards in his hands and shown me what to do. He cut the cards and lifted the top card to look at it. He then buried that card in the middle of the deck and handed me the cards. So I did what he told me to do. I cut the deck, looked at the top card and buried it in the middle and handed the cards to a person sitting behind me. He did the same and then Patrick took the cards back and placed them into its card box and toss the deck to the back of the room where another person removed the cards from the box, cut the deck and peek at the top card. He also buried that card in the middle of the deck. He reboxed the cards and tossed them back to Patrick Redford.

This was the most fair and honest looking Toss Out Deck Routine that I have ever seen. I held the cards in my hands and I didn’t see or feel anything out of the ordinary. It was just a deck of cards with NO rubber bands!

This is something that I know you guys would want especially if you were lucky enough to hold the cards and be part of the routine as I was.

This is a keeper and I would rate it a full 10 out of 10 stars because it looks so darn good.

I had to leave the lecture at the mid way point and didn’t see his magazine test. I have no idea how it went or what it looked like, but I bet it rocked.

Best
Ray
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1739 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Ray!

Glad you enjoyed it. I certainly had a fun time down in Florida with you folks. While those on my mailing list did have a recent opportunity to pick this up it is not currently available on my website or anywhere else other than lectures. I say this as the above may make people want to track it down. I'll be doing a proper print run soon but right now I only have just enough for the few lectures I had scheduled and most of them are now gone.

I'm so glad you had such a great time being part of the experience.
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1918 Posts

Profile of DT3
I was there too, in Orlando and yes it was super clean.

Also, MagicalDimensions the magazine test is "Killer."

D.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1739 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Just to let everyone know this should be available world wide in the next couple weeks!
jassu
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of jassu
Any one have this and can make an review...Looks totaly Impossible...
rjbullock
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of rjbullock
It's a good routine but... "Is the deck examanible?" I'd have to guess "no" but then neither is it in the traditional TOD...
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3965 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Is there a minimum number of participants you would use for this effect?
KJ
Joemv
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of Joemv
Congrats on a great magical effect Patrick. This is available in the U.S. which I will be picking up from my favorite magic dealer.

Joe
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1094 Posts

Profile of rasp
The deck must be examinable, as it says it can be given away.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4334 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2014-02-16 14:28, rasp wrote:
The deck must be examinable, as it says it can be given away.
And borrowed
AllanK
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
195 Posts

Profile of AllanK
I bought this last year when Patrick released it to his mailing list. I've only done it in one-on-one performances and it absolutely fries - even magicians! It just doesn't seem possible. No one has ever asked me to let them examine the deck, after all, the spectator handles the cards and you can even let them keep the deck after you've performed it. It is extremely easy to do. It's fair to say that there is an old principle at play here that many others have used before, but Patrick has added some subtle gimmicking and routining that makes this an extraordinary effect performed under "test" conditions.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Any more reviews or feedback?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3970 Posts

Profile of JanForster
You have seen it last year during mindvention. Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Yes I figured out what I am seeing here Smile

I just tested it on my kid and it works well.

Thanks Jan.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
There are some interesting ideas on this DVD and I love the p***. However for me this isn't a replacement for the traditional tossed out deck - and before someone says it, I'm sure it's not supposed to be. But definitely worth checking out.
Mark
funemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Asheville NC
230 Posts

Profile of funemagic
The ad says this can be done with a borrowed deck?
pf70ds
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of pf70ds
I saw it performed at Mind Jam it was amazing
148MrSam
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of 148MrSam
This looks really cool! My friend was telling me about a Tossed-Out-Deck that uses no gimmicks and a borrowed and shuffled deck, and I was wondering if the deck can be borrowed, shuffled, examined and even given away (as shown in the demo) is this the one he was talking about?
psychomind
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of psychomind
Is this the same toss out deck idea that Patrick taught on his penguin lecture ?
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
376 Posts

Profile of hornet
I wondered that too?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The NINJA Toss Out Deck by Patrick Redford (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL