The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » When was the last time you changed your mind . . . (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2644 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
My beliefs have remained the same for the most part. I've come to respect some members here more than I used to, based on having conversations with them offline, or even sharing PMs with them. I may not agree with everything they say, and I know they don't agree with everything I say, but I have respect for the people that can have respectful conversations with me, despite our differing opinions.

I also feel that a poker game with Danny, Bob, John and Lobo would be sweet. Though Lobo is the only one I've actually met....
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20040 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-10-10 20:21, mastermindreader wrote:
I agree with landmark as to his views on guns. I, too, have come to the same perspective.

And while I admit it only begrudgingly, I will concede that landmark has caused me to re-evaluate my opinion on Snowden. I still don't quite consider him a "hero" but I do believe he did what he believed to be right.

And I change my mind about Danny nearly every day, depending on whether or not we agreed in our most recent exchanges. Smile (Just joking, Danny. You know I have nothing but respect for a fellow showman.)

Every day? How about EVERY POST?!!!

My views are so all over the map you NEVER know what you are going to get!

I have come to the conclusion I am a political island with a pass to everyone elses party. I believe we should be helping our neighbors but not forced to. I believe I need a drink.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I began changing my mind when I was a young boy. And I haven't stopped.

I hated liver when I was growing up, but calves liver is a delicacy today.

I hated peas as a kid but I love them now, both raw and cooked.

I hated string beans until my grandmother made them the old fashioned way from the old country for Christmas dinner when I was about twelve.

I changed my mind about keeping every fish I caught when I realized that if I wasn't going to give thanks for the bounty at my table, they should be released to their home.

I stopped stepping in spiders when I was about thirty, realizing they have a right to live as well as I do unless they scare the crap out of me in my bed at night.

I've tried to change my mind about killing flies, but failed because they spread disease, eat s*** and generally bother folks.

I changed my mind about a woman's right to choose abortion. That took a long time.

I changed my mind about the use of stem cells for fighting disease. I have a friend alive today because of them.

I changed my mind about marijuana; it should be legal and decriminalized.

I've tried to figure out if I should change my mind about gun ownership, especially in light of increasing gun violence. but can't get myself there because there's no reason for me to even question it.

My father and his fathers before him had guns; we hunted with them, plinked with them and collected them and we never committed a crime with them. And that includes fun in opening up a thirty-round magazine on a shooting range to see how many rapid fire bulls-eyes we could get with our WWII vintage M-1 Garands and their little brothers, the M-1 Carbines. And while I don't own one, AR-15s and/or AK-47s and their variants would be just as much fun to shoot, I'm sure.

Finally, I've been all over the political spectrum in my life from liberal to conservative and points in between. I voted for McGovern and then Carter twice.

And I voted for Reagan and Bush. So no one can even suggest that I don't continually change my mind. The left and the right both give us valid talking points, if we choose to listen.

As for anyone here in the Café having any influences in my changing my mind about anything? Nope. I frankly don't care what any of y'alls think. I think for me, you think for you. Smile

So, I've changed my mind politically several times in my life and will probably continue to evolve as long as I live. That's more than I can say for some of the folks who post in here. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Tried to edit the above but ran out of time.......

For the gun guys.....of course the Garand only shoots 8 rounds, but the carbine banana clips are fun!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I've met Andrew and Lobo, but if Andrew's not inviting me to his poker game, I'm not inviting him to mine.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20040 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Why doesn't anyone invite me to poker games?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
194 Posts

Profile of R.S.
I never change my mind. I always keep the same one. I might change my ideas or opinions, but I always keep my same mind.

Ron
:)
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Jokes on Danny and S2000. I don't gamble. (But I'm always up for drinking and BSing)
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4766 Posts

Profile of landmark
He knows I cheat at poker. (Wait, no, that was Go Fish. And the kid probably needed someone to show her who was boss anyway.)
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-10-12 10:51, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Jokes on Danny and S2000. I don't gamble. (But I'm always up for drinking and BSing)

I don't gamble either. But I do play poker. Smile
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I don't drink. But I do B.S.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » When was the last time you changed your mind . . . (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL