The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vanishing Pen (All Gimmicks included) by SansMinds (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of robfind
Is this a refill thing are are we completely self contained for the life of the gaff?
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Great question, that was never covered on the DVD.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3700 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Can't you just cut off the point of a pen and then replace it in the gimmick?
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11968 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2013-10-18 12:16, magicinsight wrote:
Can't you just cut off the point of a pen and then replace it in the gimmick?

That would be the way I would do it.
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
That would totally work, just cap it off with a little dab of glue to keep the ink from going everywhere.

~Steve
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
674 Posts

Profile of smullins
Just got, played with and have to say....

Quality is awesome and SUPER fun to play with. I see this lasting a LONG time.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
Hey guys!

I reviewed this on the latest episode of Unwrapped

Enjoy

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30

Kyle
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of robfind
So it is a refill thing or what?
Anthony Kong
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Anthony Kong
This became my closing trick for my recap routine by Gregory Wilson. The gimmick is a modern take on a really old gimmick. The pen itself is well made, I honestly saw no difference between the real pen and the gimmicked pen when I opened up my package. I tried it on some people today during lunch. Just like the trailer I slammed the pen with all power that I possessed and ended up stabbing my palm. When the audience were amazed and freaked out, I was secretly holding my pain continuing the trick. The people loved it, so did I ( my right palm did not). There is no failure only feedback (lesson learned, always be gentle), and a little bit of sacrifice is all worth it for a good visual effect.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22249 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Really, the instructions or DVD did not tell you how to do the smash vanish. I can't believe that. Okay, just slant your hands, don't slam the pen at a 90 degree angle.

This is not a new trick, it was made and sold in the 1960's. Back before Bic Pen was the Lindy Pen. A long stick like pen that was very popular back then, no clicker or retractable ink barrel.

I can't remember the creator, but Tannen's Magic sold it in their catalog. Same gimmick as this current model. Here the pen is dropped in a small newspaper cone, and then crumbled up. This same guy made a long Vanishing Cigarette Holder as well.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Exactly my idea! I will change my gimmick to black so I can do "Pointless", "Recap" then vanish the pen. Two Greg Wilson effects that kill together then a complete vanish!!
James

Quote:
On 2013-10-26 19:48, Anthony Kong wrote:
This became my closing trick for my recap routine by Gregory Wilson. The gimmick is a modern take on a really old gimmick. The pen itself is well made, I honestly saw no difference between the real pen and the gimmicked pen when I opened up my package. I tried it on some people today during lunch. Just like the trailer I slammed the pen with all power that I possessed and ended up stabbing my palm. When the audience were amazed and freaked out, I was secretly holding my pain continuing the trick. The people loved it, so did I ( my right palm did not). There is no failure only feedback (lesson learned, always be gentle), and a little bit of sacrifice is all worth it for a good visual effect.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
678 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Sure, the pen itself is old, but I LOVE the SansMinds presentation. So practical and easy.

And for what it's worth...here was the presentation I came up with (with the old model pen). Never really performed it for real people, though; just the webcam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhNg0506FEY
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
665 Posts

Profile of egoli
Agreed. I have owned similar products in the past but this one is really well made and the presentation works so well. I've been doing this for the past few days and the reactions have been terrific.
Libertus
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Libertus
Any more reviews on this?

I took the plunge and ordered.. should get it tomorrow.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4511 Posts

Profile of videoman
Great product! Very simple in it's method and very well made. I highly recommend it.
I really wish that someone would also manufacture this type of gimmick in a Sharpie. But I realize that would probably be much more difficult to produce.
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Give it time, I'm sure someone out there is working on the Sharpie version.
Libertus
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Libertus
Got it today.

In summary, it does what it is supposed to. Works good. I need more practice in making sure when I show the napkin.. nothing else is seen.

Should get better with practice but overall I recommend.
Michael Graves
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
144 Posts

Profile of Michael Graves
So how is this different then the Pixi Pen?

Used to write gone on the paper and then the pen "vanishes"

Pixi pen runs 3-5 bucks
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
678 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Hey Café friends! Check out these awesome variations I thought up for the Vanishing Pen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dEbEnF5HjE

Maybe one will work for you...let me know your thoughts.
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
Quote:
On 2013-11-30 18:54, ricklaxmagic wrote:
Hey Café friends! Check out these awesome variations I thought up for the Vanishing Pen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dEbEnF5HjE

Maybe one will work for you...let me know your thoughts.

nice one rick!
Anything is Possible
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vanishing Pen (All Gimmicks included) by SansMinds (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL