The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Diana Nyad again (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4766 Posts

Profile of landmark
I was going to my local m*g*c emporium (forbidden word here) yesterday and there in the middle of Broadway was a block-long lap pool, set up in the middle of the street. Turns out Diana Nyad was in the pool, swimming for charity (Hurricane Sandy victims), and she was going to swim continuously for a total of 48 hours (with the usual in-water breaks for food and rest). Quite a feat for the 64 year old Nyad.

The neat thing was that the pool was two lanes wide and she was swimming in one lane and if you paid money you could swim in the other lane alongside her. As you might suspect, this area drew tourists from all over the world. Anyway, I tried to get a good shot of her with the little digital camera I happened to have with me, but it was tough. Here she is after 29 hours:

mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
She's great. What ever happened to the claims that the Florida anti-Castro community was making trying to discredit her swim from Cuba to Florida?
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
As soon as Dyad gave her press conference to address the concerns, the people who were discrediting her seem to have fallen out of the news.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4766 Posts

Profile of landmark
Diana Nyad Fun Fact: she was expelled from Emory University for jumping from a fourth-floor dorm window wearing a parachute...
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
817 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-10-10 21:47, landmark wrote:
Diana Nyad Fun Fact: she was expelled from Emory University for jumping from a fourth-floor dorm window wearing a parachute...

"I wonder if she would have been expelled if she was not wearing a parachute. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5691 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-10-10 19:50, landmark wrote:
I was going to my local m*g*c emporium (forbidden word here) yesterday and there in the middle of Broadway was a block-long lap pool, set up in the middle of the street. Turns out Diana Nyad was in the pool, swimming for charity (Hurricane Sandy victims), and she was going to swim continuously for a total of 48 hours (with the usual in-water breaks for food and rest). Quite a feat for the 64 year old Nyad.

The neat thing was that the pool was two lanes wide and she was swimming in one lane and if you paid money you could swim in the other lane alongside her. As you might suspect, this area drew tourists from all over the world. Anyway, I tried to get a good shot of her with the little digital camera I happened to have with me, but it was tough. Here she is after 29 hours:

:applause:
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Diana Nyad again (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL