The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » KAX (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Here are some of Steve's big surprises:

1) He will be giving away a Mark Daniel remote controlled laughing puppet!

2) One of the lectures will be entirely by remote controlled puppets, with no humans in sight!

3) The Brits doing vent will be asked to make their dummies speak with American accents, and visa-versa for the Americans!

4) Kimmo and Barmy Bella will be giving surfing lessons!

5) Jolly Roger will be giving improvisation classes on the beach!

6) Danny Orleans and Barry Mitchell will be giving scripting classes for those who do not like improvisation!

7) Tami Daniel will hold a cookout on the beach with her famous meatballs!

8) Jolly Roger will conduct a vent class demonstrating the importance of moving your lips more than the Dummy's lips!

Please feel free to add your own suggestions!! Smile JR

Posted: Oct 16, 2013 2:37pm Reply with quote Send a Private Message View Profile of Jolly Roger
I notice they are now have a shuttle service to the venue for those flying in to LAX or Burbank. I understand there will be a discount for KAX attendees:

http://www.smartshuttle805.com

JR

Posted: Oct 19, 2013 10:05am
There was a magician called Max,
Who found that he owed so much tax.
He had no more money
And that was not funny;
The last bit he had went to KAX!!

JR
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
...but some magicians at KAX added Vent,
and tried puppets like Ken Scott and Mike Bent!
Max couldn't believe how
he could double his shows now,
and laughed at the little taxes he'd sent!

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Now JR, he went to KAX
With his Alien puppet from AX.
He learnt vent so fast
And found it a blast,
And he soon was a mentor to Max!!!

JR
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Love it! I can't wait to meet Max! Tell him to bring sandals for the beach, plan some extra time to attend the Magic Castle, bring trunks for the many pools and spas, a camera for the Axtell tour, and a big appetite to learn from the KAX staffers like these!

Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
There are a couple of new faces at this event who have not been seen at Kidabra, but there are so many great children's entertainers on the planet who I would like to see at KAX. Here are some suggestions....feel free to add your own names:

Oscar Munoz USA
Andy Clockwise UK
Michael Fitch UK
Robert Blake Netherlands
Richard Lynn Canada
Colonel Custard UK
Eric Knaus USA
Turley USA
James Munton USA
Master Payne USA

JR
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Does nobody have any names they would like to add to the above list? We need lots of new knew blood at this event. I know talent is out there!!! Smile JR
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Presto the Magician!

Okay, I might be biased on that one:) Seriously, I think Kidabra should feature an event that lets us see more people. For example, instead of watching one performer do his show (again) in front of a group of kids, have six performers and they each get five minutes to perform their favorite routine! That would be wonderful! It would let us see six different styles, six different characters, six different entertainers. At the end, we'd get to have six different entertainers give us their thoughts on performing.

Also, planning events that feature more entertainers creates a non-competitive environment where people can share their performing styles, thoughts, routines, etc.

Breakout sessions could feature a lot more options too! Multiple, even daily breakout sessions would be even better!

Kidabra is a great event, but it's mostly the same people year after year, and so many attendees have such great ideas, I wish I could see more of them! We've got to welcome the new generation, the next level, the new wave of entertainers who have ideas that would blow us away. As the song goes...make new friends, but keep the old, some are silver and the others gold!

JR - to help you out, here's a few names...
Oscar Munoz
Eric Knaus
Silly Scott
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Well, I'd do a presentation if they would like, though I'm not a "name" act. I also have a friend Aaron Hay (Dizzy Doc), who is one of the best balloon artists in the country - he does amazing stuff and kind of specializes in doing giant balloon instalations now http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=dizzy+doc . There are a lot of guys who are top notch, but who aren't a "name" act that people have heard of, but who are as good or better that many of the well known people.

Posted: Oct 24, 2013 4:21pm
I agree with Presto (Dear wise One).
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Quote:
On 2013-10-24 16:17, danfreed wrote:
There are a lot of guys who are top notch, but who aren't a "name" act that people have heard of, but who are as good or better that many of the well known people.

Couldn't agree more! I'd love to see your act too!
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Yeah Presto, we need to meet up some time and I do want to see your act. BTW, I love the lineup of KAX so far, I'm really looking forward to it. I was not in any way saying that the KAX lineup isn't top of the food chain - they all kick serious butt and I love the vent heavy line-up cause I'm getting into vent now and was even considering going to Venthavan, but I'll do this instead. I can't go to every convention.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
I am with you guys all the way!! I love the idea of a west coast convention as I have stated before. I am wondering if Kidabra members have ever been asked who they would like to see lecture, and on what subjects? Remember, I used to run the largest children's entertainment agency in London, which is still going, so I feel I do have a bit of an eye for talent!! Just because someone produces a DVD or writes a column in a magazine, does not mean they are the best in their field. There are some fantastic children's entertainers around the world that most have never heard of!!! I wish Steve and Mark the best of luck with this venture, as I consider them both good friends, but I do think that a new convention like KAX lends itself to fantastic possibilities, and I believe the greatest success will be achieved when there are many new faces!!! I am not knocking the ability of those who have already been booked to lecture, as they are great. It is just that the ocean is large and full of many great fish who have yet to be seen!! JR
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Excuse me, but I am a little confused. What is the difference between KAX and Kidabra?
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-10-24 17:52, Dynamike wrote:
Excuse me, but I am a little confused. What is the difference between KAX and Kidabra?

KAX is in California in January and Kidabra is in Tennessee in August. JR
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Oh, so they are the same, but different locations and dates. Do both organizations have the same staff?

What does KAX stand for?
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Dynamike,
They're two events both put on by Kidabra. It seems Steve AXtell is co-sponsoring the California event, hence the AX in KAX. KAX is a combination of KIDABRA and AXTELL.

They're not two separate organizations, just two separate events in two different parts of the country.

Hope that helps,
Kevin
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-10-24 19:00, Dynamike wrote:
Oh, so they are the same, but different locations and dates. Do both organizations have the same staff?

What does KAX stand for?

They are very similar as far as much of the talent, and that is what is being discussed at the moment. KAX seems to be a little more geared towards vent than Kidabra. K is for Kidabra, and AX is for Axtell. The hotel at KAX sounds better than the Music Road Hotel, plus it is on the beach and has a bar!!!! It is also much nearer my compound in Sedona, so I give that a thumbs up!!! Smile JR

Posted: Oct 24, 2013 7:31pm
Our posts crossed Kevin!!! JR
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks guys. Now I will know what KAX deals with when I read it next time.

Have anyone ever thought about putting together a K-Dynamike event too?
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Nice...I like it! Or how about a Jollymike event! Or maybe a...okay, this could go on for a while!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
LOL. Good one.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
So where would the preferred destination be for the Jollymike event? Detroit or Sedona? Smile JR
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » KAX (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL