The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Favorite Malone Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Johnathan
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Johnathan
My Favourite effect is Sam The Bellhop. It gets a great audience reaction!!!
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
Quote:
On 2003-12-28 02:12, dave2lift wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-12-19 04:00, CLJ wrote:
His version of Paul Harris' invisible Palm Aces

Accually Larry Jennings created the idea of The invisible Palm from the open travelers routine. As for my favorite effects:

Bill in Lemon
Think touch turn
Cards across
Invisible deck
color changing knives
Matrix routine

I know that Invisible Palm Aces is an idea from LArry Jenning's Open Travellers. In fact I prefer Open Travellers over Invisible palm Aces. But I referred to it as Paul Harris' Invisible palm Aces since I originally learnt it from AoA. Smile Smile Smile
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Invisible Palm Aces is an idea from Open Travellers, but who's version isn't certain. If you have read Jennings 67' he gives a lot of information about it. But it's certian that Invisible Palm Aces is of Larry Jennings.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
People go NUTS for SAM THE BELLHOP,,,,i mean it, NUTS!....this gets a huge reaction.....i just customized the patter and changed the deck a little to suit my style,,,,,,,it KILLS!.....
rsummer27
View Profile
Loyal user
South Carolina
225 Posts

Profile of rsummer27
I like Think, Touch, Turn. I also like the Gemini Twins just because the story that goes with it is funny.
Giggles the Clown buys all of his
supplies at www.madhattermagicshop.com
Super Low Prices on Videos and DVDs!
steiner1000
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of steiner1000
Think, Touch, Turn and Sam the bellhop.. Awsome magic.
Hamil
View Profile
New user
Bay Area California
93 Posts

Profile of Hamil
Well for me Bill Malone just flat out rocks. I have all four of his On the Loose DVD's and I never get tired of watching them.

Actually, my favorite is not a trick at all, but Malone's presentation style. The tricks are so inconsequential in his patter. The tricks in his hands seem to melt into his character and stories much like a person’s hand gestures move around when simply talking to someone.

I also think this is may be the problem that Lonewolf123 has with seeing the beauty of “My Favorite Opener”, and I agree with CLJ, with the problem not being the TC but the presentation and misdirection.

Also, I might be inclined to think that if you are using this as a “opener”, your initial mannerism might be the culprit. By this I mean, have you invited your spectators to burn your hands by in some way saying…see if you can figure this out?

The only thing I have negative to say about Bill Malone is that he is holding out way to long for me in producing another DVD series……lol
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
734 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Invisible Deck
Bill In Lemon
Cards Across
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
What I have to choose only one???

How were you guys able to choose???

I am sure that if some of you re-watch all 4 volumes, that you will change your mind, or add some more to the list!!!

Ronnie Lemieux -- who cannot choose only ONE... :-(
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Hmmm, I really didn't like his version of Cards across.... Perhaps its because I learnt others first, but I much prefer "One Butte Ox, Two Butte Ox" by M. Close. Just me???

Anyway, my favorite effect has got to be his Invisible Deck presentations.

All the other things are great effects, but his ID is so much more...

It takes a fantastic effect that many of us do, and turns it into a powerhouse of entertainment and spectator involvement that easily gets you 10 minutes of laughs and amazment, and almost assures you of getting 2 standing ovations throughout your show.

It is a rare thing to elevate a trick into a Performance Piece, and Bill has done it with his ID.
budzy
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of budzy
Card in shoe
STB
Cards from mouth

Frank..
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2317 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I love his random card coughing fits. Another favorite is Maxi-Twist. It is almost like an impromptu NFW. And I also like Stand up Bill to Lemon and Resetting Reset.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
734 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-01-11 05:32, Daegs wrote:
Hmmm, I really didn't like his version of Cards across.... Perhaps its because I learnt others first, but I much prefer "One Butte Ox, Two Butte Ox" by M. Close. Just me???

Hey Daegs,

Your not the only one, I really like his Cards Across routine (Just the simplicity of it enambled everything to be directed towards presentation) but I personally perfer Barrie Richardson's "Airplane Cards".
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Card Coughing.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
No one will agree with me, But I adore Apex Aces 2002. Great handiling for an amazing effect. Also like his bill in lemon. Heck, its all good!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17082 Posts

Profile of joseph
3 card Monte....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Chris Thibault
View Profile
Elite user
Massachusetts
469 Posts

Profile of Chris Thibault
Johnathan, I agree I love Apex Aces 2002 also. These have to be some of my favorite dvds. I use many of the routines regularly. Really can't pick a favorite, so here's what I use all the time:
Apex Aces 2002
I don't even have a pocket
Reseting Reset
Think, Touch, Turn
How To cheat in Las Vegas
How Cheaters Cheat
Cut'em High and Tie
Any Number Estimation, and you can do it too
Direct from the factory
Standing Ovation Invisible Deck

I use more than this from these dvds, but these are the ones I use the most.
-Chris
Bob T.
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Bob T.
My favorite is Cut'em High and Tie. Also like Invisible Deck.
jrandcc
View Profile
Regular user
New York
141 Posts

Profile of jrandcc
The first 5 times I watched the series was for the effects and explanations. The next 10 or so was for entertainment.
I don't think that there is one mediocre trick in the entire series.Its all great.
How cheaters cheat
bill in lemon
I don't even have a pocket
I should have done it myself.

Everything is awesome!!!
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
I second with the card across routine, invisible palm and Sam the Bellhop
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Favorite Malone Effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL