The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Michelle Obama-Inspired Stamps To Be Destroyed Due To PC Madness (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 01:53, mastermindreader wrote:
Anything not strapped down, including people, is going to bounce all over the place in a collision, no matter which part of the vehicle is struck. And in a rear end hit, the first instinct of both drivers is to immediately slam on their brakes.

I am amazed that anyone would actually question Slide's account of what happened to him in the accident. Is it necessary to argue about EVERYTHING?

Well, as it turns out, he did embellish it a bit, didn't he?
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
OMG.

Bob, you see. There are just a few people I don't take seriously at all. Rockwell and Aces are at the top of that list.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Rockwell has always struck me as a sad bitter man. But who knows how he got that way> the only person I know in my own life who is like Rockwell witnessed his own father's suicide so when I run into someone like that, I always figure there was probably some personal event that shaped them into such an unnatural state. My guess is always an abusive father. I have no idea what happened to Rockwell, but I'd bet money something similar happened to make him so mean spirited.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-10-13 12:26, mastermindreader wrote:
Having handled hundreds of auto accident cases, I can assure you that a rear end hit will cause the body to lurch forward and back in a snapping motion. (That's where the term "whiplash" comes from.)

If you're not wearing a seat belt you can easily be thrown into the front seat or the windshield.

We all know what whiplash is and its effects. However when someone says they were thrown through the windshield from the back seat when rear ended it sounds just about impossible. Unless the speed was incredible it sounds rather difficult to imagine being propelled from the back seat through the front windshield from a rear end collision. Compounded by the fact if you take into consideration that it was a child as opposed to an adult therefore the weight involved makes it even more incredible if you take physics into consideration. I really believe that in his answer he explains what happened. That being he was only 8 and really does not know how it happened and possibly exactly what happened other than a terrible accident and he got hurt. Thankfully it was not more serious.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Slide
The simple answer to your question about Rockwall is those who don't know how to have a good time are always jealous of those of us who do it easily.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
And to think the original topic for this thread was about postage stamps!
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Someone should PM Rockwall and let him know that he's involved in this thread, apparently.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 12:42, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Someone should PM Rockwall and let him know that he's involved in this thread, apparently.

Rockwall's posting in this thread this morning is not enough for him to know that he is involved in it?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 09:46, acesover wrote:

We all know what whiplash is and its effects. However when someone says they were thrown through the windshield from the back seat when rear ended it sounds just about impossible. Unless the speed was incredible it sounds rather difficult to imagine being propelled from the back seat through the front windshield from a rear end collision. Compounded by the fact if you take into consideration that it was a child as opposed to an adult therefore the weight involved makes it even more incredible if you take physics into consideration.

Don't know where you learned physics, but it's obvious that a light weight child is going to be tossed around a lot more than a heavier adult.

And, as I've said, hitting the windshield or dashboard (if you're not strapped in) is hardly unusual in a rear-end hit. (And it's even more likely when the driver in front slams on his brakes immediately after the impact, as they almost always do-or when they are pushed into the vehicle in front of them.) Not"incredible" at all. It's actually common, as anyone who has investigated innumerable auto accidents can tell you.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 12:49, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 12:42, LobowolfXXX wrote:

Rockwall's posting in this thread this morning is not enough for him to know that he is involved in it?

Scrolled through the entire thread TWICE and didn't see that.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Haha...

it is there counselor.
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Quote:
On 2013-10-13 11:30, Al Angello wrote:
Bob & Nick
You two are far too easily offended. It's a stamp get over it.

DITTO, Al !
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 13:34, Slide wrote:
Haha...

it is there counselor.

So I see...mea culpa!

Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
We interrupt this thread for some levity,

Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
You're gonna' need a bigger boat?
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
"That's What She Said", Critter!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 09:37, Slide wrote:
Rockwell has always struck me as a sad bitter man. But who knows how he got that way> the only person I know in my own life who is like Rockwell witnessed his own father's suicide so when I run into someone like that, I always figure there was probably some personal event that shaped them into such an unnatural state. My guess is always an abusive father. I have no idea what happened to Rockwell, but I'd bet money something similar happened to make him so mean spirited.

Wow, that's quite the Psychoanalysis doctor for simply pointing out the truth. And if what I posted was inaccurate, please explain how.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 14:03, Devious wrote:
We interrupt this thread for some levity,

Nice. He IS the king, after all!
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"Wow, that's quite the Psychoanalysis doctor for simply pointing out the truth. And if what I posted was inaccurate, please explain how."

I doubt the people on this forum whose opinions I respect and care about require an explaination.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
That's what I figured. You can't. Maybe we should psychoanalyze your narcissistic personality disorder that is characterized by your numerous posts about your successes, sex life, etc.

•Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).

•Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.

•Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).

•Requires excessive admiration.

•Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations.

•Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends.

•Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.

•Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.

•Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Michelle Obama-Inspired Stamps To Be Destroyed Due To PC Madness (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL