The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Michelle Obama-Inspired Stamps To Be Destroyed Due To PC Madness (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Haha... Who are you talking about? Smile

Because I swear... That is EXACTLY how I see you... And I am probably not alone in that.

Although it does seem I've struck a nerve.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 01:53, mastermindreader wrote:
Anything not strapped down, including people, is going to bounce all over the place in a collision, no matter which part of the vehicle is struck. And in a rear end hit, the first instinct of both drivers is to immediately slam on their brakes.

I am amazed that anyone would actually question Slide's account of what happened to him in the accident. Is it necessary to argue about EVERYTHING?

No one argued. You butted in. I asked how he went through the windshield if he was read ended. He answered that he did not know. But again you butted in. His answer was enough for me but obviously not for you.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious

Let us endeavour to not judge the content of our character but the essence.
The essence of each participant in this forum is what keeps me coming back.
Play nice or I'll send my monkey over to you!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 13:55, Circusman wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-13 11:30, Al Angello wrote:
Bob & Nick
You two are far too easily offended. It's a stamp get over it.

DITTO, Al !

Where in the world did you guys get the idea that I was offended by anything? I was merely trying to imply that I was just glad that when I went outside to play as a child or when I put on my roller skates, my parents didn't slap a helmet on me.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 19:12, Devious wrote:

Let us endeavour to not judge the content of our character but the essence.
The essence of each participant in this forum is what keeps me coming back.
Play nice or I'll send my monkey over to you!

I love monkey's. Send him on over!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 19:03, acesover wrote:
Quote:
Anything not strapped down, including people, is going to bounce all over the place in a collision, no matter which part of the vehicle is struck. And in a rear end hit, the first instinct of both drivers is to immediately slam on their brakes.

I am amazed that anyone would actually question Slide's account of what happened to him in the accident. Is it necessary to argue about EVERYTHING?

No one argued. You butted in. I asked how he went through the windshield if he was read ended. He answered that he did not know. But again you butted in. His answer was enough for me but obviously not for you.

You practically called the guy a liar and I pointed out some facts in his defense that you were apparently completely unaware of. (Although being completely unaware is not something that seems to hold you back.)

Butted in???

Really? I could have sworn this was a discussion board open to any member who cared to participate. If you don't want to publicly discuss something, the answer is simple, send a PM.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 20:53, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 19:03, acesover wrote:
Quote:

You practically called the guy a liar and I pointed out some facts in his defense that you were apparently completely unaware of. (Although being completely unaware is not something that seems to hold you back.)

Butted in???

Really? I could have sworn this was a discussion board open to any member who cared to participate. If you don't want to publicly discuss something, the answer is simple, send a PM.

Yea...Butted in. Like you never had a conversation with someone here.

No one called anyone a liar. There you go assuming again. I thought you were a lawyer and dealt in facts.

I am sure Slide does not mind your comments, but honestly I believe he is more than capable of speaking for himself.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2013-10-13 09:40, Dannydoyle wrote:
Not a fan of the first lady. But a cause such as this igniting controversy?

Good on her for picking this cause. But safer things are good as well. Caution. How much outrage would a stamp inspired accident cause?

In this day and age? I think if a certain type of parent had a kid skin his or her knee while skateboarding without wearing pads (one of the 'unsafe' activities promoted on one of the stamps), and if they made a stink out of it, I think it would make headlines.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Here are the real activity stamps:

Here are some FAKE stamp mock ups:

There are some more good ones here:

http://twitchy.com/2013/10/10/unsafe-let......toshops/
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Who looks at stamps anyway? Just stamp collectors (philatelists)? If she likes the stamps put them out she is the presidents wife and there is no room for Negotiation on this. Smile

I can see how serious this can be. Some kid skins his knee on his skateboard and says I saw it on a stamp and thought it was safe. This is serious zhit.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Personally, I'm just amazed that there are actually people who would defend the Postal Service's decision. How did we ever survive?

I do like the twitchy photo shopped stamps though!
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 22:54, rockwall wrote:

Personally, I'm just amazed that there are actually people who would defend the Postal Service's decision.

Where was / who did that?
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 17:48, rockwall wrote:

•Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).

•Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.

•Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).

•Requires excessive admiration.

•Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations.

•Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends.

•Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.

•Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.

•Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.

Wow! You've got me down to a peg. But I didn't actually think that this thread (unlike all the others) was about me. But it is now.

Anyway, the mock up of the baseball stamp is interesting. BOTH of them ought to be wearing helmets. Like me!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
That's what she said.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Where is the "walk stamp" showing walking with a cell phone in their hand not looking where they are going while texting?
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2013-10-15 06:43, stoneunhinged wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 17:48, rockwall wrote:

•Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).

•Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.

•Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).

•Requires excessive admiration.

•Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations.

•Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends.

•Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.

•Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.

•Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.

Wow! You've got me down to a peg. But I didn't actually think that this thread (unlike all the others) was about me. But it is now.

Anyway, the mock up of the baseball stamp is interesting. BOTH of them ought to be wearing helmets. Like me!

lol. I actually never suspected that of you Stone. But thanks for letting us in on your little secret.

btw, that's a cowboy had, it doesn't count as a helmet.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 15:12, critter wrote:
You're gonna' need a bigger boat?

Quote:
On 2013-10-14 15:53, Devious wrote:
"That's What She Said", Critter!

Not to Critter, she didn't!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 19:42, NicholasD wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 13:55, Circusman wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-13 11:30, Al Angello wrote:
Bob & Nick
You two are far too easily offended. It's a stamp get over it.

DITTO, Al !

Where in the world did you guys get the idea that I was offended by anything? I was merely trying to imply that I was just glad that when I went outside to play as a child or when I put on my roller skates, my parents didn't slap a helmet on me.

Ditto Nick. It's called twisting words that some folks here are very good at. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
The legends are true.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Michelle Obama-Inspired Stamps To Be Destroyed Due To PC Madness (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL