The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring and Rope routine ending (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
vkurchenkov
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of vkurchenkov
Also can try Ring Flight Revolution and Interlaced, I use them after finishing with string and prior Nest Of Wallets
alan1954
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of alan1954
David Williamson's routine is genius!
Mark Strivings
View Profile
V.I.P.
285 Posts

Profile of Mark Strivings
BTW Ring On Wineglass Stem goes back many years. Magic Christian marketed an excellent version back in the late 80's if memory serves.
Mark Strivings is the owner of the largest all-mentalism mail order supply business in the world, "Mental Connections", carrying materials not available anywhere else. For complete info, drop Mark a line at MarkyApril@aol.com
Mark Strivings
View Profile
V.I.P.
285 Posts

Profile of Mark Strivings
CORRECTION! Magic Christian's effect was a chain link on a wineglass. My bad. Hope I didn't cause too much confusion.
Mark Strivings is the owner of the largest all-mentalism mail order supply business in the world, "Mental Connections", carrying materials not available anywhere else. For complete info, drop Mark a line at MarkyApril@aol.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8308 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have pondered the "best ending" notion for years, and currently use a new creation --

can be a borrowed ring or an inexpensive one you can gift away.

You give the borrowed ring to one spectator to "keep warm" while another assists in tying the cord into a loop.
The completed loop is displayed and the knot examined with the cord then draped over your fingers.

The ring is dropped into your fist by the spectator with no additional moves beyond squeezing your fingers.
When opened, the ring is on the cord and the necklace gifted to the owner to wear as the knot is almost impossible to untie.

I have to perform this live a few more times before publication - if any will be interested.

Repeat - it is the same un-gimmicked cord you have used all along, the ring is borrowed and the knot genuine and not near the point of penetration.

Of course, that is impossible, just as strong magic should be. It is a finale since even you can't get the ring off.

The methods and sleights employed are not new - only the combination and timing.

Thanks to Dick Oslund who unknowingly sent be the inspiration a few years ago.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2451 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2019, funsway wrote:
I have pondered the "best ending" notion for years, and currently use a new creation --

can be a borrowed ring or an inexpensive one you can gift away.

You give the borrowed ring to one spectator to "keep warm" while another assists in tying the cord into a loop.
The completed loop is displayed and the knot examined with the cord then draped over your fingers.

The ring is dropped into your fist by the spectator with no additional moves beyond squeezing your fingers.
When opened, the ring is on the cord and the necklace gifted to the owner to wear as the knot is almost impossible to untie.

I have to perform this live a few more times before publication - if any will be interested.

Repeat - it is the same un-gimmicked cord you have used all along, the ring is borrowed and the knot genuine and not near the point of penetration.

Of course, that is impossible, just as strong magic should be. It is a finale since even you can't get the ring off.

The methods and sleights employed are not new - only the combination and timing.

Thanks to Dick Oslund who unknowingly sent be the inspiration a few years ago.

Do you have a video of your performance ?
Long Island,

New York
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8308 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2019, Expertmagician wrote:

Do you have a video of your performance ?

No. After I complete my move and house construction I have several effects to document with photos and possibly video training -
but never of a complete performance. I do not want folks to copy me, just use my creations to fuel their own creativity and unique presentation.

In Tameriz fashion, I supply the skeleton and flesh - you provide the clothing.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
618 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
If you haven't seen Willi Wessel do his ring and rope routine, you need to. Its a 5 phase routine with a nice ending.
Close Up Ring and Rope Routine Willi Wessel
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2587 Posts

Profile of John Long
Funsway: keep us posted; sounds interesting

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring and Rope routine ending (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL