The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » World's fastest trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

almagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of almagic
Hi guys,

I am interested in getting the 'world's fastest trick' (a pot of flower vanishes in split second. Some call it 'instant flower vanish') from Hank Lee magic.

Anyone know how well is that prop from Hank Lee? Are the flowers nice? What kind of material does he use for the flowers?

Any better choices out there? If so, give me the website of that company too. Thanks a million for your help.

(I just don't want to buy a prop that does not look nice again. And I just don't like Hank Lee’s website, that it always only has drawn pictures, so that you never know how good the props look like.) Smile
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
289 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
It's from Tora in Iran. The flowers are reasonable. It's part feather and part plastic, but honestly, I don't think it was built to be used regularly, like a few shows a day. The most venerable part of the prop is the tabletop where stickers are used.
almagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of almagic
Thanks Alex,

That's lucky I didn’t get it. I heard that his one rust and spoilt easily. So where can I get a better quality one? Hopefully not Marshall's one, that's a bit out of my budget. I actually saw another one at http://www.stevensmagic.com/, selling at $500. What do you think about that?
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
I am pretty sure the model on Steven's Magic site is the Tora model. I have never seen the Tora model so I will not pass judgment as I think they can make some pretty great stuff for the price.
This is one of those props where Quality is the KEY. This effect uses such a VIOLENT gimmick that every component MUST be high quality or you will be left in a most uncomfortable position on first failure. If I were to buy one, I would choose the Owens model. Owens has always developed SOLID workings for almost every item they create. Good stuff!
Try to watch the auction sites and maybe a used one will pop up.
Take care,
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
almagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of almagic
How much is that going to cost for Owens' model. He did not state the cost in his site.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Unfortunately, they are very expensive. You will have to call for a price but I recommend finding a used version but make sure to get clear pictures of the condition before making any used purchase.
Hope this helps,
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
Definitely go with what Chance says. In the past, I have worked with two models of this effect in production shows. One was an Owens' and it worked flawlessly. The other one was a "no-name" version and the effect of the illusion suffered horribly. On several occasions, it broke down and required repairs.

Anytime you're going to go with anything mechanical of this nature, it's best to pay out more and get something top-notch. If the better equipment is not in your current budget, your best bet would be to substitute it for something else and hold off until you can afford to add it to your show.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7390 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I might direct you to my site as I have the rights to make this effect as former owner of Marshall flowers.

The one Stevens is selling is a knock off from Iran and is what you get for the money.

If you look at Magic Magazine with the article about the comedy magician Levent, you will see mine. In fact, I think I sold his first one through Hank Lee

If you check out my website, you can see a video of the effect in action. If you go to hughesmagic.com.mockup.html, it will give you rough website with prices.

I must agree with Chance, reliability is important. Which is why is made as Mr. Marshall taught me since 1954 when he introduced it onto the market. This model has been used by more working professional than any other. Mine unit has been supplied to Harry Anderson, Levent, Lyn Dillies, Maverick, and Luis De Matos, to name a few. If you buy it right, you buy it once. I can also supply a cane to bouquet that duplicates the bush and can give you some routining ideas on it.

Owens is ok but it has a side release that tears up the flowers somewhat.

There should still be an old thread to find a previous post on this subject. I will be happy to respond to any further need for information. Try October 30, 2002.

If you can find a good used one, go for it. The mechanism hardly goes bad. But if the flowers are shot you will pay more than the $500 for a new bush.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » World's fastest trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL