The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Automatic Writing Planchette Commission (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cris Cringle
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Cris Cringle
Impressive,, I want one
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
+ 1 Dan! This has to come to market. Must, must, must,must.....
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
I would kick that starter!!!..... or start that kick!!!!
davidyeung1991
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of davidyeung1991
I wanna get one too
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
HOLY ****
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Dan,

"Listen to that dude, Prof BC. He KNOWS what he's talking about." Smile
jglumley
View Profile
Loyal user
Kansas City
244 Posts

Profile of jglumley
I smell a kickstarter.
The "18"
colinj
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of colinj
Another yes on the kickstarter idea
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
Dan, I think you really must go ahead with this. Its too good to miss. I hope you had enough pledges by now.
Roni
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Ok folks, once the A Book at Midnight Kickstarter is complete and shipped next month I will work on the planchette project.

I hope to have 3 or 4 designs plus possibly a 5th as a stretch goal.

The campaign will launch early 2014 and I'll be posting teaser images in the meantime.

No prices as yet.

Darkly

Dan
Cris Cringle
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Cris Cringle
Sounds Great Dan

I will be buying one of these from you when you have them available. Can you incorporate a gimmick in the Planchette for "Mystical Use" ?
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
There will be no gimmicks with these planchettes, they are just for 'normal' use....
Cris Cringle
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Cris Cringle
Quote:
On 2013-10-22 04:26, LebanonCircle wrote:
There will be no gimmicks with these planchettes, they are just for 'normal' use....

No Worries Mate... I'll still be buying one Smile(Then adding the gimmick lol)
Snoogans
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Snoogans
I'm interested as well. Any idea about the price?
Bard
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of Bard
Yes, it is a gorgeous THEATRICAL PROP. . . that's the problem though, at least in my book, it looks like a prop. . . and trust me, I'm not knocking Dan's artistry or what Roni wants to do with it, only the fact that using such a device becomes less convincing - less believable from the audience point of view.

I've been making Planchettes for about 4 years now, I think Roni even has one of mine, if I'm not mistaken (Richard probably brought it to you). I make mine for the shut-eye market as well as the Mentalism and Bizarre scene and while some are "fancy" they are all simply planks and with reason -- believability!

I've encouraged Dan to send these shots to the Museum of the Talking Boards and its Planchette cousin site because I think there is room in this small niche industry for such devices, especially given the new public interest in this style of spirit communication. BUT, we must literally weigh things if we're to be fare. . . a true planchette must be practically light as a feather, the pencil port or optical sat roughly a half to 5/8ths of an inch back from the tip (pointer) due to the sensitivity you want when working with the Planchette.

Gimmicked Units are DUMB! At best you will get the plank to flip over unless you invest some big money for a mechanical nightmare which lessens the practical nature of the Planchette & talking board system.

Those interested in this arena however, should avail themselves of Jim Magus' book THE TALKING BOARD in that it has some excellent ideas and routines.

. . . and keep your eyes opened if you're on the mevproshop mailing list, something special will be coming to market in the early spring that has to do with this very subject.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Welcome back Craig.

I think for many here the planchette will be a great addition to their collection and to their work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Automatic Writing Planchette Commission (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL