The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fixed Fate Coming Soon (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4877 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
368 Posts

Profile of hornet
Love BBM but this is twice the price of the download. Is the made up deck all that's different?
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1730 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2016, hornet wrote:
Love BBM but this is twice the price of the download. Is the made up deck all that's different?

The download isn't available any more and it comes with the deck and DVD, so I think that's a fair price for the added value.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
368 Posts

Profile of hornet
Ah ok. I somehow found it on Cameron's website but when I tried to add to cart it doesn't work. Looks like a great effect!
Michael Mindreader
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Michael Mindreader
That looks very nice! Can't wait.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6920 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Hey, guys! Yes, I originally sold this as a download. But I have a new touch on the handling, you get the deck all made up and high production value. This is one of my favorite openers! Will also be available on my site soon!
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1730 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
After watching the trailer a second time, I figured out what was going on and made up a deck... it works fantastic! This is such a winner. Its rare that a hybrid effect (ACAAN / Brainwave / Prediction) can be constructed so it plays out smoothly and logically, but this one does it beautifully.

I still placed a preorder for the new DVD to support Cameron's great thinking here and to learn all the extra subtleties, but this is definitely going to be a fun one to perform.

One very minor update I made was to write the prediction text in blue, with "that card" in red, and "that number" in black. It helps to emphasize the gag, but more so further justifies the brainwave and prediction aspects of the reveal. Very small touch, but I do think it adds to the cohesiveness of the effect.

Also, Scott Creasey recently released an identical effect with a similar method but I have to say that Cameron's version is far superior and more deceptive.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6920 Posts

Thanks, man! And thank you for the support.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Liam Montier done this to me at Blackpool and I am a big fan of his but I really was underwhelmed with this . The restriction in number immediately killed it for me sorry just know lots of better effects than this was hoping for much more .
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Doesn't even get the card right just the number , also in various demos he starts face up or sometimes face down its so transparent and to top it all its the worst false cut in the world . It's not great trust me on this .
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6920 Posts

Not really sure I understand what you are saying but I will address one thing here (and I go over this on the DVD).

The restricted number choice keeps the counting from becoming tedious. Because no card has been selected prior to them choosing the number, there's no suspense when dealing. Therefore a high number is just boring as all get out.

Also, I think magicians are far more concerned about number restrictions than lay people. No one knows what's coming. So who cares?

And, I'm sporty, but the Ose cut is a terrific false cut. Many pros use it. Works a treat for laymen.
magicthree
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Cameron, in Lewis Jones' book "Persona" he does a tabled false cut called, the castlemaine control. If you the chance check it out I think you'll like it.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
I don't understand why state a restriction in number during the performance ( ie : name a number BETWEEN 5 - 20 ) ...

In my experience , if I were to ask anyone to name a small number , they'll go for a digit between 0 - 14 , if they name something lower then 5 ask him to name another number and add these up . I feel it's fairer this way as there's " no restrictions placed " as far as the spectator is aware of . I mean he won't be asking at the end of the performance " why did you specifically asked me to name a small number " isn't it ?
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3097 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Great effect Cameron. Clever thinking as usual. Cameron's genius is in making difficult effects more practical and attainable. If you want to do a no-restrictions ACAAN they are out there but many will find them impractical for their skill level and performance situations.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes maybe I was over hasty but I just can't see how a choice of 14 or 15 numbers has any any correlation or comparison with a 1 in 52 Acaan number it's so far removed . However it's not Cameron who is saying that anyway so probably a great little extra trick but don't seem massively strong IMO .
pnerd
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of pnerd
I wish this was available as a download. Then it would have been affordable for me.
wanderwizard
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of wanderwizard
I think this is great effect,nice and clean all about presentation just how I like em!!!! have just put a post about Gary Jones and Chris Congreave producing 100% quality effects(we all know about the crap that is out there) cannot see any negatives at all,just gonna see if my fav., magic store Alakazam have it
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6920 Posts

I specifically say, "Gove me a number. Too low and it's too easy. Too high and it's too boring. So somewhere between 5 and 20 is perfect." Justifies everything nicely and ITS TRUE! Who the heck wants to count 30 cards without suspense. Remember, no card has been chosen yet so there is no inherent drama in the counting.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6920 Posts

Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6920 Posts

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fixed Fate Coming Soon (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL