The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Forcing the Number 65 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
Does anyone know a good formula or other technique for forcing the number 65? I would like to use this to perform a magic square.
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1477 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
You could use the Nosek 165 force, and somehow rationalize dropping the "1." This force is taught on "Strivings Speaks," and also under a different name on the new David REgal DVD's.

Ben Blau
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
Mark lives just around the corner from me (literally) so maybe I can drop by and pay him a visit.

Thanks,
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1477 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
He also posts here frequently. Maybe you could PM him?

Ben Blau
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
I just stopped by and picked up the tape. Thanks for the recomendation though. It works great by the way. Smile
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-12-18 22:07, KeirRoyale wrote:
Does anyone know a good formula or other technique for forcing the number 65? I would like to use this to perform a magic square.

Keir,

In case you are still looking for a way to force the number "65", I would unqualifiedly recommend Richard Busch's "Number...Please?" manuscript. Two of the four effects described ("In Search of the Unknown Force" and "Think of any Number") are precisely designed to force a certain number THAT YOU WANT TO FORCE. Hence, if you later decide you need to force the number "38" in a different effect (or in a repeat of the effect where you previously forced the number "65"), you can do so.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
master class pass
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of master class pass
You could also do two card forces for a 6 first and then a 5, just a thought. My favorite force is the classic force—try it.
czero
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
282 Posts

Profile of czero
If you only want a force for the number 65 to perform a magic square, you can do something even better. You can INSTANTLY create a 4 X 4 magic square for ANY freely chosen value between 34 and 100. It's easy as pie, and it's in Harry Lorayne's The Magic Book: The Complete Beginner's Guide to Anytime, Anywhere Sleight-of-Hand Magic. That book is worth its weight in gold.

I was thrilled to see it recently republished (I had borrowed it from the library when it first came out and have always wanted my own copy). Only one thing about the packaging kind of irks me. As the title clearly states, the book is about impromptu magic involving everyday objects (Lorayne himself is very clear about his preference for such magic over stage magic, which he regards as contrived), yet whatever geniuses created and approved the dustjacket chose to feature a tophat, dove, magic wand, and magician's silk. :-/
JudgeBean
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of JudgeBean
Doug Dyment's wonderful site has a great numeric forcing matrix. You will have to do a little bit of math work, but I think it will be fun to do.

http://www.oratory.com/deceptionary/aboutmatrices.html

Judge Bean
Fon
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
200 Posts

Profile of Fon
Think of a number?

Add 65.

Take away the number your first thought of?

LOL,

Fon
Always thinking..........?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6694 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I used to do the matrix prinicple to force that number in a book... many years ago. Make a grid with the numbers one though twenty-five— five rows and five columns. They circle one number and cross out all the numbers in that same line or row. They keep doing this until they have picked five numbers... voila! The total is 65... always!
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Forcing the Number 65 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL