The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Twister (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Makus
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Makus
I've found yesterday in a shop a new Twister for 30 Euros and I instantly bought it, because I've seen that this item is sold in another italian shop for more than 130 Euros...

Which is the real value of this Tenyo game? Smile
mirror mate
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mirror mate
HI 30 to 40 euros is about right for this great trick. it is easily available. some people on auction sites price it at such rediculous prices! so you payed the correct price. It is a very good trick! MM
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I've seen it sell recently for about $30 US.
It's more common to see it between $50-$60 so I agree, you paid an average price which is great.
mirror mate
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mirror mate
I have the MB games magic works version of twister called twisted pencil, it is green with yellow running down the middle.. I like the look of this one probably more so than the orig tenyo version. I don't know why Twister was not as successful as zig zag cig ,clean cut etc as it is a far better effect in my opinion!... MM
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2013-10-20 11:44, mirror mate wrote:
I like the look of this one probably more so than the orig tenyo version.

I love to hear things like that, our differences are our wealth. The evidence is not so obvious and I always find it very interesting. Thank you.
Makus
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Makus
Thanks! Smile
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I agree Twister is probably the best of this type of Tenyo effect.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
What is great is in fact the base remain always in the table for the spectators if you do it well. Once the pencil is cut into 3, I raised one of the edges very very slightly, as if to show the props to the audience, and it look like the base is still on the table. The subtlety of the routine is in that point I think.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
The "Magic Works" version of "Twister" was not made by Tenyo--nor were any of the other Tenyo creations sold by Milton Bradley. All were made in the USA, where quality control and manufacturing standards are far interior.

The Magic Works version of Twister does not work smoothly and other people have told me they've had the same experience. I just acquired a Magic Works version of Crystal Pyramid and it stinks beside the Tenyo-made original. It also lacks the printed details on the plastic which reinforce the illusion.
mirror mate
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mirror mate
That's very interesting to know Richard, dark Dagger then is mightily close to superspike no? . I do not have any probs with my magic works twisted pencil! MM.
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Quote:
On 2013-10-21 14:22, Richard Kaufman wrote:
The "Magic Works" version of "Twister" was not made by Tenyo--nor were any of the other Tenyo creations sold by Milton Bradley. All were made in the USA, where quality control and manufacturing standards are far interior.

Wow! I was always under the impression that they were made by Tenyo and distributed by MB.

I managed to collect almost all of them to add to my Tenyo collection, but this information cheapens the value (enjoyment and $) of collecting these if they are not really part of the Tenyo family.
mirror mate
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mirror mate
Interesting fact....... the coin used in MBmagic works Dark Dagger is the same coin that was supplied with the original release of Dragon Altar! MM
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I own a couple of MW items and must admit in The Knight's Tomb (Diabolicus) it is very hard to read the secret, almost impossible. However I absolutely prefer the Rope Of Calcutta above Tenyo's Stutekina - it is more 'self working' and the secret is more concealed because of the design of the apparatus.
The Mysterious Queen (Transpa Vision) hides the secret better too because the apparatus is deeper - Tenyo's version does look less suspicious of course. Both work equally well.
The other MB effects that weren't invented by Tenyo like Tongue Tied, The Hidden Sun and Missing Masterpiece are all great litle tricks in my opinion.

Twister, when performed right, is a wonderfull trick, almost impossible to figure out. I believe a new in package one is worth about 50 - 60 USD since they are still pretty easy to find.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

The quality control of the Magic Works items, all made in the US, is not nearly as consistent as the original items made by Tenyo. Thus, you will find wide variations in quality in each individual trick. Some will work fine, others just barely. My copy of Magic Works' Twister can hardly be turned.

The Milton Bradley Magic Works series is definitely a collectible item, but they should not be considered part of a Tenyo collection since none were made by Tenyo.
mirror mate
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mirror mate
Its interesting guys that Mb magic works clean cut european version is a different color to the mb magic works clean cut usa release,also the euro version has no tenyo mb markins on the bottom of the prop whereas the usa version does. MM.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

I have no idea where the European versions were made, or even if there were European versions that were different! How do you know those props weren't made in the USA and shipped to Europe?
mirror mate
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mirror mate
Yes it was called MB magic show in germany,MB magic scene in france and even the British magic works boxes are very slightly different to their usa counterparts. The usa versions have Tenyo wrote on the back in the bottom corner the euro ones don't credit tenyo,it is the same with the mystery dice prop, the usa version has tenyo mb on the back where as the euro versions do not. interesting stuff eh.... MM
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
mirror mate
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mirror mate
Correct Stereo, and my usa version of MB MAGIC works clean cut is the same as the original Tenyo clean cut release but it says MB AND TENYO on the back. MM.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Twister (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL