The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Coin bending on mind mysteries (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
adolphus
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of adolphus
If I'm not diplomatic, I'm nothing at all! Smile

I am implying that Osterlind is probably using a method, (technique, gaffus, or whatever), that most CERTAINLY has not been previously published or inferred by using previously known methods. Nor does it appear to use something you'll find down at the Magic Shop or on the internet.

Indeed, a clever person can "approximate" his coin bend, but it's Richard's unique details and convincers that really throws off "Those In The Know" (at least initially, as I suspect at least a few could possibly be "on to" the trick by now).

Heck, I certainly don't count myself among "Those..." and you could probably still stump me with a good Bobo Switch anyday...but, one thing for sure, that was no Bobo Richard was using! Smile
"Unlike the mere Conjuror, the Mentalist reaches into that space which a hat normally covers. And from there, he withdraws something more fleeting - and at times, far fuzzier - than any rabbit"
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
What I love about Mr Osterlinds work is that he makes simple idea's mystify people.
Especially mentalists.Smile

H.W
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
adolphus
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of adolphus
Yep...though very learned and hi-placed speculation is that the core method is nothing "simple" or available to everyone.

They could be wrong...
"Unlike the mere Conjuror, the Mentalist reaches into that space which a hat normally covers. And from there, he withdraws something more fleeting - and at times, far fuzzier - than any rabbit"
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2004-10-01 16:37, adolphus wrote:

They could be wrong...

Or "they" could be right... Smile

Paolo Cavalli
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
Word on the street is the methodology will not be affordable to the curious. I heard that from a well known alchemist.

John E.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12011 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I've always done a switch and never been close to being caught. I like the spoon bend better but audiences just like the magic:)
adolphus
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of adolphus
I have no doubt that you can mess with the public's mind with a good switch for a coin bend.

But Richard is like a "magician's magician" and takes pleasure (or perhaps a little sadism, Richard? Smile ) in doing "challenge effects" under other magician's noses! Smile

Once again, Richard's penny ain't switched before it gets bent!

...Nuff said!
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Isn't there a material found in UFO's that allows for the Osterlind coin bending effect? Allutianium 69 I believe its called.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12011 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Once again, Richard's penny ain't switched before it gets bent!

I also bet it isn't.......
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1255 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
So many people speculating. Let the man have his pet! If you like the routine/effect, devise your own method. Create your own pet, raise it from just a little thing, and watch it grow. Good luck.

(And if that pet turns bad? Just take it to the trash can and have it put down.)
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
I'm with Samuel Catoe on this one, if you really want to do the same effect, think effect first and devise your own method, works for me.
Personally I hope this effect is never relaesed, so we can all use our own minds to think of a way Smile

H.W
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Coin bending on mind mysteries (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL