We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What is the best coin effect out there? (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8267 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
OK dan bastianelli!

Now, it's Charlie_d, THEE, and me!! --HEE HEE Maybe it'll be coin pails and IKE ## at thirty paces?
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8400 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On 2013-10-21 11:48, gallagher wrote:
My favourite is one that blew ME away, when I first saw it,.
...and the second time,..
, and third time, as well.
And one that blows OTHERS away, when I do it.

Honestly,.. I haven´t seen so much,.
and I can do even LESS,..
but,
Marion Boykin´s Crimp Change.
,..nöö Gaffs. nööö Gimmicks.
Literally IN THE FACE,..
for ALL to see.

I play the Streets.
Everyday folks.
Every day.
This is easily my favourite,
..and theirs(!).

gallagher,..
shakin´ his hands in the wind.
(Thanks Marion.)

WOW! It's great to be appreciated, to in some way to have contributed. Thanks so much g. In some small Emersonian way, perhaps this too is to have also somewhat succeeded. Thank you. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26938 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There's a coin ladder that permits one coin to roll back up the thing - that usually gets quite a reaction.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6661 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2013-10-21 11:48, gallagher wrote:
My favourite is...Marion Boykin´s Crimp Change...no Gaffs, no Gimmicks.
Literally IN THE FACE...for ALL to see.

Yeah, I agree it's the best sleight I have learned in YEARS! I can do the Change (or Switch) with both hands! I purposely learned it that way. I kick myself for not learning the JW with both hands.

Regarding Coins Thru The table, yeah. If I am hooked up, so to speak, I like to do a one-handed finale with that last coin. The coin is placed on the table. A wave of the hand, it drops through. You're clean. Thank you Chuck Leach! Smile

Doug
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1074 Posts

Profile of taller8
Shadow Coins, it's kind of like the Sponge bunnies of coin magic. Always gets a great response.

SAMOYA by Rob Thompson. Requires a special Sun Moon set, but an excellent, visual routine.
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
Thanks Guys!!! The Retntion Vanish has to be angle proof to fool everyone everytime!!! I mean everytime 100% without fail!!!! My retention vanish is able to be performed with people in front of me as well as on both sides of me and people looking over both my shoulders!!!!! THIS IS WHAT I CALL A SUCESSFUL RETENTION VANISH!!!! Absolutely no fear of anyone burning my hands whatsoever, because I guarantee mysef not to ever get caught!!!!!!! I have yet to meet "ANYONE" who can stand beside me totally surrounded with me and do as I do without ever getting caught!!!!! There is a long story behind this!!!!!! ..and a very special secret!!!!!

Look very carefully at my
basic retention vanish >. Click > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9LP0q1rtco

"MICKEY SILVER"
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10595 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Mickey I know this story LOL

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4848 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Wonderful coin magic by Fred Kaps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlAWGbiitsU

Facts about Fred Kaps: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Kaps
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
818 Posts

Profile of StarManager
[quote]On Oct 21, 2013, gallagher wrote:
My favourite is one that blew ME away, when I first saw it,.
...and the second time,..
, and third time, as well.
And one that blows OTHERS away, when I do it.

Honestly,.. I haven´t seen so much,.
and I can do even LESS,..
but,
Marion Boykin´s Crimp Change.
,..nöö Gaffs. nööö Gimmicks.
Literally IN THE FACE,..
for ALL to see.

I agree that this Crimp Change is outrageous. Plan to sit in your office or on your bed for about 5 hours and then you own this thing. It is also invaluable as a utility change that is never seen by the spectator. This is a phenomenal move.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
padre rich
View Profile
Elite user
410 Posts

Profile of padre rich
TENKAI PENNIES......borrow the coins,no table...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
818 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Adding the following as BEST items ever for me. All can be seen on Google typing in the descriptions below:

1. MO FAUX by Todd Lassen. Brilliant and easy gaffed spellbound coin with Silver Dollar and Chinese coin with Hole n it!
2. URBAN COIN by MKS Magic Koins of France. Brilliant modern version of a hook coin without a hook.
3. Ringmaster by Martinka - Gold coin becomes a gold finger ring.
4. SAMOYA with a Todd Lassen Sun and moon set.
5. Everything ever made by Todd Lassen!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2013, taller8 wrote:
Shadow Coins, it's kind of like the Sponge bunnies of coin magic. Always gets a great response.

I agree. Shadow Coins even feels magical as heck to perform. Makes lay people rub their eyes in disbelief!
Same w/ coins thru table, which is one of my absolute favs of all time to watch or do. Prolly cuz at age 6 I saw a waiter put a coin thru our table and it blew my little mind to kingdom come. It's interesting that I see SO many guys doing coins across but not thru table.. You can totally adapt the moves..
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
818 Posts

Profile of StarManager
There is a Shadow Coins taught as Chink A Chink by Tango for use with the TUC (Tango Ultimate Coin). This is the most awesome of all I've personally seen. It's actually on the Tangopedia website and DVD's you get with any tango purchase. The 1964 Kennedy and the Morgan versions in real silver are also very well crafted. The lesser current coins are not as well made.
Frankm6
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of Frankm6
Roth's The Tuning fork... has been one of my favorite effect since I first saw it.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
I'm partial to Curtis Kam's The Goblet.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Houdonni
View Profile
New user
Vancouver BC Canada
57 Posts

Profile of Houdonni
1. Nothing looks more astounding than Michael Eaton's "coin through glass table" found on his Drop'N DVD. If there was only one trick I could perform in my life, this would be the one I'd want. It appears you literally pick up the coin you've spun on the glass table top, and throw it through the glass to your hand below. I've accomplished it on a number of occasions, but it's tough, and when I chipped the surface of my wife's new kitchen table, the practicing came to a screeching halt.
2. The Spinning coin split, where you spin a coin on the table then with both hands "split" the coin into two coins.
3. The Strike change, penny to dime. Nice instant color change. Stand alone or followed up with producing the penny from the pen cap after.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
MichaelJae
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of MichaelJae
Personally, I think the most entertaing piece of coin magic is misers dream, although I don't perform it. This is my favorite coin routine that I perform. It is quick and repeatable with the spectator knowing none the wiser.

https://youtu.be/yuuR7SB_gpU
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4817 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Watching in person Mickey Silver perform Split Fly, and his usual routine with hand and mouth vanishes plus coins from ear to ear.
No one does it better.

Larry
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3154 Posts

Profile of warren
Whilst I have a few favourite coin routines and I'm a big fan of coins across/3fly type routines I've recently added JJ's Coin Coalition to my working repertoire with an added kicker that has been getting great reactions so I'll nominate that as it's actually made it to my working set.
MorrisCH
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of MorrisCH
To be honest, I've been performing few coin routines on the street, muscle pass always get the biggest reaction
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What is the best coin effect out there? (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL