The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What is the best coin effect out there? (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Les_Harris
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Les_Harris
Coin through table and winged silver are my two favorites.
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Coin to fake roach. reactions are wild
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24064 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Close up:
Cigarette through Half Dollar

For many magicians:
Mickey Silver's manipulations

For kids:
Chris Capehart's Miser's Dream

Remember, it is not just the trick itself. It is how well it is presented.
Silversleights04
View Profile
New user
Houston, Tx, United States
24 Posts

Profile of Silversleights04
I love Greg Wilson's Questionable Trick with a dime and a penny, it's an amazing piece of close up magic fun. My favorite visual routine is a spellbound coin. I perform a mixture of Ponta the Smith's and Yuxu's.
Magic sees Magic.
Together we make each other better.
Do something amazing today.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8460 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hiya Silver, Welcome to the Café. Smile

I love "A Questionble Trick" too, just a real good effect. Smile Gregory Wilson has a lot of them, but in this one it's just a dime & a penny for some really good magic. If you don't want to carry a lot or have to do a whole lot but jus deliver some real good magic on the spot, then this is a great little trick to learn. Smile I also do Spellbound, I practice & play with it a lot these days. I have a couple fun takes on it. Smile

This is a good string because it allows people to mention their favorite. It's hard, probably impossible, to say what's best as there are so many wonderful coin tricks out there, old & new. Some are gaffed, others made of good old SOH. Every-so-often, something new and refreshing hit's the mainstream. For me, less is more, and so I don't get into too many involved coin effects much anymore. I like to keep things simple and easy to follow, and so go more for the quicker tricks. They are easy to get into and instantly amaze from just a few coins in your pocket.

Here's something I like to do...I don't know about this being the best or anything, but it's an awful lot of fun for people, and me too. Smile See for yourself... Smile

*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2514 Posts

Profile of critter
There are so many that are great in different ways.
Roth's tuning fork blows my mind. It seems so impossible when you first see it.

Coins in cups are great for the sound misdirection.

Dime and penny uses normal seeming props and happens in the spectator's hand.

Dissolving coin is outside the box even though it's old as dirt.

Roth has so many offbeat ideas like the sleeve and the rainbow it's hard to pick one. Because of those I just look at everything as a potential prop.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers

"This I offer in explanation of how it was that I found myself in my undergarments as I sat in my cell attempting to plot my escape."
~Professor Phineas Valeyard, Miskatonic University Dept.of Psychodynamic Natural History.

New Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Valeyard-Magic-Stage-233226717588438/
TheGladsomeBeast
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of TheGladsomeBeast
My new favorite has got to be "The Drop" by Jeremiah Zuo, it is incredibly easy to pick up and the effects you can pull off with it are utterly mindblowing. Easily the best purchase I made all year.

https://vimeo.com/user87677707

http://chicagomagicbash.com/jeremiah-zuo-instititutes.html
Silversleights04
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 29, 2019, Mb217 wrote:
Hiya Silver, Welcome to the Café. Smile

I love "A Questionble Trick" too, just a real good effect. Smile Gregory Wilson has a lot of them, but in this one it's just a dime & a penny for some really good magic. If you don't want to carry a lot or have to do a whole lot but jus deliver some real good magic on the spot, then this is a great little trick to learn. Smile I also do Spellbound, I practice & play with it a lot these days. I have a couple fun takes on it. Smile

This is a good string because it allows people to mention their favorite. It's hard, probably impossible, to say what's best as there are so many wonderful coin tricks out there, old & new. Some are gaffed, others made of good old SOH. Every-so-often, something new and refreshing hit's the mainstream. For me, less is more, and so I don't get into too many involved coin effects much anymore. I like to keep things simple and easy to follow, and so go more for the quicker tricks. They are easy to get into and instantly amaze from just a few coins in your pocket.

Here's something I like to do...I don't know about this being the best or anything, but it's an awful lot of fun for people, and me too. Smile See for yourself... Smile

Thanks for that warm welcome MB and that awesome video!

I've seen a lot of your posts on here while lurking and I'm always impressed. I'm a big fan of your charming and friendly presentations, your accessible upbeat demeanor, timelessly classic patter, casual and effective misdirection, and even-keeled positive attitude online. You're truly an admirable character, I have a great deal of respect for you and I love your videos! Such beautiful and fun routines without anything overly complicated or aggressively sneaky. Your Double Trouble is a perfect example! So many sides on your little friend, lol!

Here's one of my earlier spellbound presentations based on Ponta nd Yuxu, https://www.instagram.com/p/B3k0M2MAB4R/ I feel like it's just enough, a bit flourishy maybe, but I was going for visual pantomime exclusively over verbal patter this time for the sake of social media engagement. It captivates most folks quite nicely Smile
Magic sees Magic.
Silversleights04
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 3, 2019, TheGladsomeBeast wrote:
My new favorite has got to be "The Drop" by Jeremiah Zuo, it is incredibly easy to pick up and the effects you can pull off with it are utterly mindblowing. Easily the best purchase I made all year.

https://vimeo.com/user87677707

http://chicagomagicbash.com/jeremiah-zuo-instititutes.html

The Drop is AMAAAAAZING!! I'm astonished there aren't more people discussing it!
Magic sees Magic.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8460 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey, appreciate your kind words, Silver. They are greatly appreciated, especially in a place here where the whole thing is about "Magicians Helping Magicians"...Thank you. Smile I am maybe a decent-at-best coin guy, lucky to come up with a few things, and happy to share with others. Plus, I'm happy to have learned quite a bit up here from others, all while also getting the opportunity to pay it forward. Smile

Enjoyed your spellbound routine, some nice moves there. Hard to go wrong with practitioners like Ponta The Smith and Yuxu...There are some amazing coin guys over there. So happy we have the internet now and can more immediately see such great work as to magic from all over the world. I love it! Smile

*Oh, and Jeremiah Zuo out of Chicago is a real talent and refreshing new thinker in coin magic. I highly recommend folks take a look at his work, he has many clever SOH routines. And he also has done some great work with craftsman/ magician John Jurney's amazing Transformer Coin System.
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What is the best coin effect out there? (32 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL