The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bending metal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
shrek
View Profile
New user
South India
21 Posts

Profile of shrek
I am being interested in to learning bending metal? will anyone know what I do? to make start? I am bought 13 steps to mentalism, will it teach to bend spoon or is it another secret?
limkris
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
165 Posts

Profile of limkris
See other posts.
Live Savers - Michael Weber
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
PK SILVERWARE! I think that is the best for a beginner...or mind bender, that spoon bend is awesome.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
FYI, this will be out on DVD very soon.

Tim
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Get Banachek's video Psychkinetic Silverware. It has everything you need to know, including what kind of forks to buy.

This is the source.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
TJ Newton
View Profile
New user
Oregon Coast
60 Posts

Profile of TJ Newton
PK silverware is coming out on DVD? Cool... any idea when?
kilgourpower
View Profile
New user
London
72 Posts

Profile of kilgourpower
Psychokinetic silverware is great,definately the best for a beginner.After mastering the methods its possible to pull off real looking magic.
I don't think 13 steps has any spoon bending.
Good luck Shrek.
David Fletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of David Fletcher
The Patrik Kuffs video is excellent.
You have to give it away to keep it.
shrek
View Profile
New user
South India
21 Posts

Profile of shrek
I am now happy to watch the videos, it is very nice of you all to be helping, thank you
saintnick
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of saintnick
Shrek, Check out The Melting Fork availiable from Geoffrey Dove at http://www.mainstreetmagicco.com. I just received mine in the mail. The Gimmick is custom made by an expert craftsman supplied with a Certificate of Authenticity. Really cool melting effect I love it !! Smile
alexanderk
View Profile
New user
Canada
28 Posts

Profile of alexanderk
Patrik Kuffs has a very good video. It teaches a lot of metal bends.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Avoid the Melting Fork mentioned above - it is in my opinion and many others an absolute rip off of Guy Bavli's Side Effect but done with a fork instead a spoon. Don't support such rip offs. There is way too many good spoon/metal bending items - Chad Sandborn on his "Mind Bender" DVD, Banachek on his "Psychokinetic Silverware" video (now on DVD), several Alain Nu items in Trapdoor Magazine, Richard Osterlind on his DVD # 3, Guy Bavli on his metal bending videos, etc. There is some excellent routines/thinking in these various sources.

Tim
sniper1
View Profile
Veteran user
malta eu
343 Posts

Profile of sniper1
I suggest the bavli and the pk silverware they have all the material you need to know to start up . might wanna check gellerism exposed by james randi aswell
THE MOST CRAZY MAGICIAN ON THE MALTESE ISLANDS
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2664 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On 2004-03-04 00:22, Tim Trono wrote:
it is in my opinion and many others an absolute rip off of Guy Bavli's Side Effect but done with a fork instead a spoon.....several Alain Nu items in Trapdoor Magazine,...

Interesting you mention the two. Not wanting to start anything big, but then you must feel Side effect is an independent creation?

s
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I know specifically what you are referring to ref. Bavli and Nu. It's a good and very valid question which should be addressed. I am by no means an expert in this, don't want to take any "sides", and don't want to open a can of worms but I believe Bavli's effect IS different from Nu's. With Bavli's the spoon is left in an impossible condition in that it is bent in a fashion that you could not physically bend it. With Alain's routine (the name escapes me at present and I am not at my library) the spoon bends at a 45 degree twist. It's NOT left in an impossible condition but DOES get in the condition in an impossible looking fashion. There IS a distinction - I just am not articulating it clearly. Both share a similar methodology if getting to 2 different ends. What is different with Guy's is that you could not physically bend the spoon that way thus you get the magical aspect and a physically impossible object. With the version Geoffrey Dove is selling (and in my opinion is unfortunately a rip off) he has simply substituted a fork instead of a spoon. To me that is equivalent to having someone show you a routine with half dollars and you then claim you have a new creation because you are doing it with quarters.

Guy does also have a lot of other interesting bends as I noted on his various videos. Alain has published several very interesting ideas with the spoon bend in Trapdoor. I still remember watching Alain DEVASTATE a group of waiters and waitresses in a restaurant with his routine as spoons and forks seemed to melt all over the place. It's amazing and if you ever get the chance to see Alain do his routine you'll be lucky you did.

I'm not sure how clear that is - if you have both items it will hopefully make sense.

Tim
GaryW
View Profile
Veteran user
HSMagic
317 Posts

Profile of GaryW
All I ever needed to know about metal bending I learned from Banachek's PK silverware.

I don't want to sound like the president of the local Banachek fan club but everything I've bought has been outstanding and any questions that I've emailed him on he's replied and that's considerable looking at his schedule. This guy has a great mind and is a nice guy to boot!
Gary Ailes
Hot Shot Magic
www.hotshotmagic.com
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I agree Gary. I worked with Banachek on this video/DVD and he is a top notch guy and quite a thinker.

Tim Trono
waas
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of waas
A solid classic : Meta-logic where the spoon bends sideways !
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3050 Posts

Profile of tophatter
The Melting Fork by Geoffrey Dove is a Melting effect the illusion is the melting of the fork . Guy Bavli side bend is a spoon that appears to bend to the side . Once again Tim trono with all due respect do not review a product if you have no expierence with it . The Melting Fork & chapstick effects are sold world wide with great success.
Best ,
Geoffrey.
Bobby Puga
View Profile
Loyal user
El Centro, CA
201 Posts

Profile of Bobby Puga
Which DVD does anyone think is best for the visual bends? happening right in front of the spectators face... mainly for street magic, bar/party's, etc... also.. I want to add my ET along with the effect...any suggestions?

-thepugsta
Customized greatly...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bending metal (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL