The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Types of Card In Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
Hi,
For Christmas I want to get a card in wallet wallet, and I was just wondering if the Kaps on Fire Wallet is a palm load or no palm.

Also, what are some good hip-sized card in wallets- also please tell me if it is a palm load or no palm load.

Thank you.

TJ
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5393 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
This topic has been discussed many times before. Try the search function.

For a review and discussion thread of some no-palm wallets and to get you started you might try:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......3&49

The Kaps on Fire is a palm or loader style wallet. The Kaps in the name tells you that. It has been reviewed somewhere here on the Café. Overall, it is well made and does the job. That is, it is a fire wallet and a loader card to wallet prop. Frankly, I have never thought much of putting the two together. That is only because I have never come up with a strong routine exploiting the prop. There may be dozens of performers out there that have. Perhaps you will be one of them.

If you are comfortable palming a card and want a hip-pocket wallet then you cannot go wrong with Steve Druan’s “The Real Man’s Wallet”. It has also been reviewed and discussed in depth here on the Café. The Real Man’s Wallet looks like a real hip-pocket wallet but has been cleverly engineered and constructed to be a loader. For a hip-pocket loader variety I cannot think of a better wallet.

Hope this helps a little.
Smile
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Harry,
Thanks for the help and directing me to the wallet thread.
Those were superb reviews, and so far the Mirage gets my vote. The Mullica wallet also sounds good.

Also, with the Kaps on Fire wallet, does this use flash paper to make the flame or does it use something else.

Thanks again.

TJ
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5393 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
No flash paper. It uses a rather typical fire set-up. It has a wick that you have to soak in lighter fluid and a striker mechanism (good old flint and steel!). The problem with all fire wallets (and there are many) is that the fluid evaporates rather rapidly. So if you are going to use one you can’t load it up in the afternoon and expect it to give you large flames in the evening.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Harry,

Thank you for the information on the Kaps wallet.
Sorry for all the questions but do you know the approximate dimensions of this wallet? Is it about the size of a normal hip style wallet?

Thanks.

TJ
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
I think the kaps is a jacket type fire wallet.

There is a REALLY nice hip fire wallet, probably the best I've ever seen that was on the Café awhile back... I forget the site, but I think they were homemade and there was fire along the WHOLE length of the wallet when opened.

I personally don't like fire wallets.... they are un-safe, and other than a shock reaction they are never viewed as being very magical.

I use The Real Man's Wallet and it rocks... I use it as my everyday wallet as well and using it during performances... its gimmick is easy to load and it passes some pretty close scrutiny because there isn't any "gimick" persay but its built into the wallet itself.
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Does anyone know a good place to purchase the Real Man's Wallet?

alleycat Smile
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
You can get the real man´s at the Magicwarehouse. Click Here!

By the way, I just got Malloys Hip Pocket Card to Wallet and it is really nice. It´s good quality leather and you can do Hip Pocket or Jacket Pocket.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Thanks for the help.

alleycat Smile
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
cat26
View Profile
Regular user
Manitoba, Canada
101 Posts

Profile of cat26
You may want to consider "Anytime Card in Wallet" by Peter Marucci. It uses almost any wallet or business card folder. This method will save a great deal of $$$ with the same effect on the spectator. Cheers....
doowopper
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of doowopper
Peter Marucci will send you his Anytime Card in Wallet routine for free. Check one of the other threads on wallets. He has an entry in one of them that has his e-mail address. It's a fine little routine - no palm, card can be signed and you use your own wallet.
Richard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Types of Card In Wallet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL