The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Gnostic Deck...and related things (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1036 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Quote:
On 2014-01-21 13:09, Smoking Camel wrote:
Have you been reading " untitled" an internet marketing publication that teaches how to flog people tee shirts online.

No thanks mate.

What?
Belief Manifests Reality.
Satanic Playing Cards Live on Kickstarter Now...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/satanicplayingcards/the-satanic-playing-cards
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
What do the faces look like? The site says the Joker and Ace of Spades have individual designs - are the rest just regular faces? Is it effectively just a deck with an alternative back design?
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1036 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Quote:
On 2014-01-21 05:15, StuartPalm wrote:
The Gnostic deck went out for printing today. This new specialty printed deck will be available for purchase around the end of February 2014.

The Gnostic deck uses imagery hand drawn, painted and designed by Stuart Palm based on imagery from his research into Gnostic and alchemical imagery. The Joker and Ace of spades images have also been individually drawn representing gods from Gnostic mythology.

The Legends Playing Card Co. has proven to create the highest quality playing cards in paper quality, inks and finish. Their first deck The Legends deck, already raised the bar on paper quality, and they have only improved their process since then. All the ink colours in this photo are approximations of the printing colors.

The box will be printed on black mat paper with a gold foil interior. The box inks are all foil pressed metallic gold, rose gold, metallic blue, and white. The two-tone gold/red and rose-gold/black cards are Pantone® spot colored using metallic gold inks. (The blue back card will be a darker blue tone than shown here.)

We look forward to providing this deck for all those with a passion for quality playing cards and an interest in exploring hidden knowledge.

Correction: Looks like with shipping time from Asia that sales in the west will be much later. I'll update when I know the time that they are available.

To answer the last post (which I have answered earlier in this thread) There are some slight hidden things in the face cards, but mostly they will match a bicycle face. I have kept this so that they can be used for such effects as the chicago opener and have more flexibility for magicians.

All the best!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/satanicplayingcards/the-satanic-playing-cards
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1036 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Deck is released. A review from a friend of mine was just posted here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?forum=337

Also, there is a book of effects with the deck and some specialty items for mentalists and mystery performers in my mystery shop, which is a password protected thing, you can find by clicking on the books of my shop page. Password is the title of the last chapter of 13 Steps, no spaces.
Juno Temple
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
58 Posts

Profile of Juno Temple
Greetings Fellow Wizards & Cardicians,

If you're looking for a deck of cards that feel and act in a refined, flowing, linen stock quality, or even the newer finishes that allow cards to glide with ease . . . then allow me be to be brief, on the quality of the Gnostic deck, created by Stuart Palm et al, having the gold/brown version in my hands. Remember Kem playing cards; essentially a 'plastic' hard feeling deck? That's it "Mental Folks"(as Stuart Palm addresses us).
We play the Game - but Fate deals the Cards
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
Here is my 6 word review:

The BEST deck of cards ever

Kind regards
Art
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Classy images, beautiful card case design, smooth as silk.

My highest recommendation. Get one deck or as many as you want, this is a truly piece of art that you can use to do readings and your favorite mentalistic card tricks.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1036 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Thanks guys, haven't been on here in a while and it's nice to see such generosity in words on the Gnostic Playing Cards.

Just to be clear for others, Juno's note is quite misleading, and I'm sure many card workers could chime in on the paper, finish, and cut quality of decks created by the legends playing card co. who manufactured the Gnostic deck for me. Juno has compared the card stock to fully plastic cards which is simply not a fair comparison. The gnostic deck is printed on paper stock that has the legends "diamond finish." These cards have been handled by some of the top workers in the world who love the finish and the cut. That said I designed them for mentalists and mystery entertainers so the paper handling quality is secondary to all the other abilities built into the deck. While they do fan and faro beautifully right out of the box, the construction and finish is more for longevity. The box for the deck will last a long time, it's probably the strongest tuck box on the market, the cards will also last you for many performances and work well in humid and hot climates as well as cold. I made sure of this as I live in Hong Kong and also often perform in Singapore where it can be like living in a sauna.

Blessings all,
Stuart
One Eyed Jack
View Profile
New user
East Sussex, United Kingdom
44 Posts

Profile of One Eyed Jack
I have one of each colour of Stuart's Gnostic deck and to be fair to Juno if you want a deck to use for your XCM then these probably aren't the ones for you. It's true, they don't glide as smoothly as some of the other decks that are on the market. But the quality and design of them is beautiful and they are made to last the mystery entertainer for years to come.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1036 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
True, these are most definitely not designed for xcm. But I'm not sure what kind of feel people want, I find the legends card stock to be superior for all card handling. Just ask Bill Kolush, one of the worlds greatest card workers, he uses the same paper stock and finish for the expert decks. Once you start using them the uspcc cards feel cheap. And they don't have that problem of turning black when they get damp. I don't want people to get the idea that they aren't smooth, they fan beautifully, and they work beautifully for any sleight, they are even cut for a better DL. A LOT of work went into perfecting the finish and pressing of the paper. So when I see them being compared to a sheet of plastic it just confuses me.

Btw, where are you all purchasing yours from?
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2014, StuartPalm wrote:
True, these are most definitely not designed for xcm. But I'm not sure what kind of feel people want, I find the legends card stock to be superior for all card handling. Just ask Bill Kolush, one of the worlds greatest card workers, he uses the same paper stock and finish for the expert decks. Once you start using them the uspcc cards feel cheap. And they don't have that problem of turning black when they get damp. I don't want people to get the idea that they aren't smooth, they fan beautifully, and they work beautifully for any sleight, they are even cut for a better DL. A LOT of work went into perfecting the finish and pressing of the paper. So when I see them being compared to a sheet of plastic it just confuses me.

Btw, where are you all purchasing yours from?

I have them and I agree. Stuart has put out a top shelf product.

Preston
One Eyed Jack
View Profile
New user
East Sussex, United Kingdom
44 Posts

Profile of One Eyed Jack
I bought mine from the conjuring arts research centre. It was the only place that I could get the Gnostic trinity.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1036 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Thanks Jaizon,

True, CARC are the only ones selling the red deck. I have some that I give to clients and such. The decks were originally designed in black and gold, and then I added the blue back. Eventually I will be doing a 2.0. If you ever want to order more let me know.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Gnostic Deck...and related things (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL