The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Ideas on what to put in a fire cage! (Other than fire) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

HighClass
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of HighClass
Does anyone have any ideas on what to put in a fire cage other than fire... My original idea was to use a hand held fogger and blow fog into it, but battery operated foggers cost around $1800 which is more than the cage in most cases. I have tried large confetti and it went over ok, but has any one had success with something else. Or does anyone know of a cheap battery operated fogger. Let me know your thoughts
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
Get and innexpensive DJ fog machine and mount it on top of the cage. Then run a 90 degree piece of pipe thru a hole in the top of the cage. Let the fog shoot in from above.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
MCM
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
456 Posts

Profile of MCM
Use multiple silly-string dispensers to fill the entry?

Just trying to think outside of the box.
biff_g
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
240 Posts

Profile of biff_g
One of those air dancing guys? Do they make them that small?
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Could you fill it with colorful balloons, and have them release when you do the reveal? I've never built or performed one of these, but based on my knowledge of the illusion I think it could be done with some creativity.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
HighClass
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of HighClass
Thanks for all the idea guys. And thanks Scott for an inexpensive alternative to the fog idea.... I wish there was a way to mount a fog machine to the top of my cage, but there is no support because of the design of the cage, I may be able to set it somewhere else and run a tube to it and have it slowly fill up with smoke..... Any chance there is a way to rig the e cigarettes to push out a lot of smoke in maybe one shot... Or one of those make smoke appear at your finger tips gimmicks
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
883 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
Be aware that if you run chemical fog through too long of a tube that it will condense back into liquid form.

Also note that a cage is a lousy container for smoke, as it will not be contained within the bars, so slowly filling it with smoke will similarly fill your stage with smoke.

When all is said and done, who's to say you have to put anything at all in it? It could simply be shown empty, covered, then the production. Sometimes the simple answer is the best answer.
HighClass
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of HighClass
Good point frank. I sometimes don't even light the cage on fire I only use the torch to "show it empty". I was planning on using the hand held fogger the same way, just to show it empty so to speak and produce her from the empty cage.

Thanks for all the input guys, there are a lot of clever ideas and if I can't use them maybe someone else can Smile
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
Jello Puddin Pops
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
What about something like a small fan at the bottom of the cage, on it's back facing upwards, with a number of mylar ribbons tied to the cage of the fan?

Basically, a poor man's version of a fountain (without the mess of water).

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Ideas on what to put in a fire cage! (Other than fire) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL