The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Will Houstoun - Pacific Northwest Lecture Tour (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Hi everyone!
The Can-Am Conjuring Lecture Series proudly presents:
Will Houstoun

This Saturday in Seattle! (Oct. 26)
http://nwringoffire.com/lecturers.html

Monday in Portland! (Oct. 28)
http://www.killermagicshop.com/Whats-Happening_ep_52.html

Tuesday in Eugene! (Oct. 29)

This is a limited tour, due to Will’s engagements at the Magic Castle, and the LA Magic History Conference. Please make plans to join us.

Saturday, October 26th at 2:00 PM

Shawn O'Donnell's Restaurant
122 128th St. SE, Everett, WA.
NWRF Members: $25
Ring of Smoke $10
General Admission: $30

“Out With The New, In With The Old”

Having received positive feedback for his "Thaumaturgy" lecture, Will created a brand new lecture that he toured the United States with after a successful launch at The Magic Circle. The Lecture is called "Out With The New, In With The Old," and is a reaction to the tendency within the magic community to focus on the "latest and greatest." In the lecture Will looks backwards to previously unpublished material from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries for inspiration to create effects that are as powerful today as any modern creation.

The material, that is all fully explained, includes magic with cards, coins, and other objects, and is suitable for both close-up and parlour performance. Some of the material is taken directly from Will's books ‘Hellis in Wonderland’ and ‘The Notebook,’ and some is inspired by these manuscripts. Will also teaches a few modern creations, including some of the material he has used as a headline performer at The Magic Castle in Los Angeles.
Here are some quotes for Will's lecture:

"This was a wonderful evening that illustrated to everybody in attendance the rich heritage of magic's history. Will's meticulous research showed us that the unchanged moves and effects that fooled audiences over three hundred years ago continue to play their part in astonishing contemporary audiences. This is the beauty in our art and I'm thankful Will reminded us of it."
- The Magic Circular

"Will Houstoun's lecture provided an immensely satisfying evening. Like no other lecture I've ever seen, it was an original mix of eye popping sleight of hand, witty tales of literary sleuthing and amusing historical anecdotes worthy of Ricky Jay. Having had the experience once I now want more lectures just like it but fear that wish is unlikely to be granted until Will's return to these parts."

- Ernest Earick

"Will presents a fascinating historical discovery in a witty, wise, and magic-filled way. I was captivated, from start to finish."

-Simon Aronson

"I booked Will on his first US lecture tour and also at the LVMI close-up convention and I was blown away with all the great comments I received from clubs all over America. Will is a thoughtful, talented and accomplished magician and you will definitely benefit from seeing his lecture."

- Danny Archer

"Out With the Old, In With the New is one of the best lectures I have seen in a long time with regard to the structure (a combination of history and a few very strong and thought provoking tricks)."

- Steve Reynolds

"Will Houstoun's presentation explores 'sources of what seems enduringly new' by revealing interesting and insightful aspects of what I call 'magic's occult history' - those telling facts and fancies that lie "underneath." It's about this fascinating substrata and its sub rosa essences. To put it another way, it's a little like looking back to find the future."

- Jon Racherbaumer
For more information about Will Houstoun, please visit his web site: http://www.willhoustoun.co.uk/

For information regarding alternate lecture locations please contact me at:
evanjunko@comcast.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Will Houstoun - Pacific Northwest Lecture Tour (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL