The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper, silver, brass routine (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5248 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2014, twistedace wrote:
Greg Wilson has a nice CSB that uses keys. It's a neat idea.

Really? Are you referring to Gregory's "Freakey"? That can be considered a Copper/Silver routine with keys, but has no resemblence to Copper/Silver/Brass.

If you are talking about another routine by Gregory Wilson..... then.....Never mind!

Thanks!

Jim
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1038 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2013, charliemartin wrote:
Bob Sheets hands down.

Another vote for the Bob Sheet's routine "Triple Transpo." You never go to the pockets and the two switches to ring in the gaff at the beginning and out the ending is built into the routine. I also like John Bannon's "Aztec Orient Express" if you don't mind dipping into your pocket near the end of the effect.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5248 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Cody Fisher's "Real World CSB" and Scott Guinn's "Pouched CSB". Also take a good look at Jeremy Pei's "Ultimate CSB Magic".

Jim
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1520 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I love Scotty York's as well as Bob Sheets' routines, but the one I perform is Karl Norman's Coin Collection that uses an Okito box and ends with the box turning into a brass block.
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Magician at House of Cards Nashville!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21487 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I never understood why the "Pro's" of the day always chose 2 Copper and 1 Silver over Copper, Silver, Brass trick. Clearly the 3 totally different coins are much more visible over 2 similar looking coins that are both copper, especially in low lighting. Never read a reason why this was their coin set of choice. Was it because it came out before Silver, Copper, Brass, could it be that simple?
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
I recently bought Luis Piedrahita's video. He has a GREAT CSB routine on the video.

http://www.grupokaps.com/kapsstore/producto.php?id=111

sdmagic
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5248 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2014, Bill Hegbli wrote:
I never understood why the "Pro's" of the day always chose 2 Copper and 1 Silver over Copper, Silver, Brass trick. Clearly the 3 totally different coins are much more visible over 2 similar looking coins that are both copper, especially in low lighting. Never read a reason why this was their coin set of choice. Was it because it came out before Silver, Copper, Brass, could it be that simple?

There are several routines that don’t work with a coin with a hole in the middle, and the 2 Copper 1 Silver gimmick fits the bill for those.

Jim
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18565 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
If you go to Bobo and read the original, by Conrad Haden.... you can work from there. That was my first, taught to me by Haden himself. Then, years after I got Ken Brooke's Chinese Bit...and then created Poker Chip Surprise. Check it out at www.pete-biro.com/tricks
Smile Smile Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1738 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I'm with Pete....Poker Chip Surprise is KILLER...and brilliant, in my opinion!....
JH5magic
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of JH5magic
The OP has probably already found a solution long ago, but I just happened to watch the video (World's Greatest Magic - Gaffed Coins) that Jonathan Gold pointed out in an earlier post and I think this would be a worthwhile investment for anyone insterested in CSB routines. Here are two links for it:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1498

http://llepub.com/index.php?main_page=pr......s_id=318

John
Randy Marsh
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Randy Marsh
I came across a great CSB routine on YouTube by Luis Piedrahita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD1PXVfmPV4

This is easily the best CSB routine if you have the use of a table in my opinion. The handling is just so well thought out. You never have to go to your pockets and everything is examinable at the beginning and end of the trick.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2199 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I love that guy. He is the most entertaining coin magician in the world
obsidian52
View Profile
Loyal user
United States
296 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
Any one have a printed copy or a PDF of a decent CSB routine/handling...Obviously (or maybe not so obviously) I wouldn't be asking if I didn't have a CSB set..You can private message me as well if you prefer...Thanks.
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Randy,
Thanks for sharing this wonderful routine of Pedrahita's.
Yes that is a great one. You are absolutely correct, the handling
is extremely well thought out, the sleights happen on an offbeat. Wow, thanks again!
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Thanks Randy,
awesome routine,
the sleights happen on an offbeat,
wow the work that must have gone into this!
ddamen
View Profile
Regular user
Bay Area
159 Posts

Profile of ddamen
Can a CSB set do everything that a CS set does? Is it not just a C/S coin with B shell
"Why do magicians wait until someone else does it, before taking it up themselves? The moment someone with imagination and vision takes an effect... Everybody jumps up & says.. 'I can use that!'... Develop a little pride along with your magical ability." -Annemann
karnak
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
412 Posts

Profile of karnak
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2016, ddamen wrote:
Can a CSB set do everything that a CS set does? Is it not just a C/S coin with B shell

In a sense, yes it is -- **except** that the C/S coin in a CSB set is just a bit different from just a regular, standalone CS coin (and in a manner relating directly to the very nature of that B shell).
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
dj
View Profile
Special user
707 Posts

Profile of dj
ddamen
View Profile
Regular user
Bay Area
159 Posts

Profile of ddamen
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2016, dj wrote:
"Foreign Exchange" by James Lewis :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=S_x08KyfDxQ
Smile Smile Smile

very very nice
"Why do magicians wait until someone else does it, before taking it up themselves? The moment someone with imagination and vision takes an effect... Everybody jumps up & says.. 'I can use that!'... Develop a little pride along with your magical ability." -Annemann
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2578 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Jim Lewis put out a great video tape a long time ago, but it never got released as a DVD. It's too bad as it was full of great effects.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper, silver, brass routine (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL