The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper, silver, brass routine (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
reed kammerer
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of reed kammerer
Looking for really good copper silver brass routine. Would like it with DVD instructions and a routine with no sleights. I know the routine that comes with the coins looking for a maybe better and different routine. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Poker Chip Surprise. See demo at http://www.pete-biro.com/tricks
Scroll down to find video.
Uses poker chips instead of coins. Easier to follow, easy to do.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
All CSB tricks require some handling that could be considered as sleights. CSB is the name of the routine, some of the coins can be used for say Goshman's Sun and Moon and the Coins Across or Coins Thru Table, but if want a different routine, then by a different gimmicked coin set. CSB is one of the few coin sets that can be used to do different tricks. Of course they usually do not include these instructions, you have to buy a book and read those other tricks published in Bobo Coin Magic.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Respectfully, I would like to suggest my routine, "Two Copper and Silver". CSB coin set can be used too. It appears on my "In the Trenches" DVD and in my lecture notes,"Take A Stroll With Me". The DVD should be available through you favorite dealer or Penguin Magic. The notes and the DVD are also available directly through me.

Additionally, Cody Fisher also has a marketed routine.

Regards,

Paul Green
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Bill Hegbil,

You and I, amongst so many, still like to read. Books were the way I learned much of my Magic, but that does negate the newer technologies that are available today. Personally, I will research through any and all resources to get information to make my Magic better.

Respectfully,

Paul Green
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have to disagree with video giving a clear description, over reading. The DVDs I have tried to learn from, skip over the minute details of the handling of a trick. It only give a broad picture, which is only good to see what routine or trick as a whole looks like.

Example: I have 2 different vanishing deck tricks. Although they are very lengthy descriptions, none give the exact finger placement with words. Just comments like make it look like you are holding a compete deck. Even though one can see the creator, the camera or his hands are not at the proper position to see exactly how the cards are held. Whereas with good test, the minute by minute description and a simple line drawing is very clear.

I have also purchased some manipulation DVDs and even though they make an attempt to show the moves from both sides with mirrors and back angles, it is hard to see the finger placements in a fraction of a second. Ever try to stop a video in the exact place you need to look at a still screen. Not easy.
WhoDeanie
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of WhoDeanie
I will second Paul Green's Copper, Copper and Silver. Great routine and easy to learn. And In The Trenches might very well be the best purchase I have ever made. FULL of real workers and every routine worth the purchase price. Jeopardy is fantastic. Applause, Please!
Magically yours,

Dean Burgess
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
The routine that comes with the set by Bob Sheets and J.C. Wagner is as good as any ( Presentation, presentation, presentation ). It's basically the one that Doc Eason uses ( a pretty good recommendation ). My favorite, however, is Bob's routine on his Bob Does Hospitality DVD, start clean, end clean, no pockets.
jnork
View Profile
Regular user
Jason Christopher
176 Posts

Profile of jnork
I still really like Doc Eason's version of the routine. Out of his lecture notes, originally then re-done on his DVD's. Just great. One of the 3 coin routines that I regularly do!
Jason
Yours in Magic!
Jason
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Doc Eason's routine gets my vote. Great buy for $15!

http://doceasonmagicshop.com/oscommerce/......shpogbp1

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Threecard
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny Arizona
141 Posts

Profile of Threecard
Doc Eason's routine "The Old Three Coin Trick" is available on L&L Publishing's WGM Gaffed Coins DVD, along with some other great CSB related effects (the book directly from Doc is great too). Check out Aztec-Orient Express by John Bannon in Smoke and Mirrors for some more great ideas.
Nick Birch
View Profile
Regular user
Holmfirth, UK
160 Posts

Profile of Nick Birch
Eddie Gibson's Chinese Bit is one of the first CSB routines I learnt. It takes a bit of practise but is relatively easy to do and looks bewidering to lay audiences - I still use it to the day. I love the eclectic mix of US Hald Dollar, Old English penny and Chinese coins, you don't need a DVD of instructions either!

Nick
www.darkartefacts.com

Purveyors of the finest handcrafted, bizarre artefacts and illusions. The Uninvited, Death Row Diner, The Koshkin Effect, Whiteface, Satan's Circus
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I used the Chinese Bit for years until I devised the poker chip version.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jonathan Gold
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
38 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Gold
There's a World's Greatest Magic video with David Roth, Doc Eason, and a bunch of others that has some good routines on it. It has a few different CSB routines and a few with copper silver.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Some other names come to mind like Bob Kohler, Dan Watkins with his strolling version in Coin Man Walking DVD, Marion Boykin with Crimp Copsilvbrass, Raymonde Crow in As the Crow Flies where the half dollar visibly changes to the two foreign coins under a shot glass, Reed McClintock in Knucklebusters Vol # 2 with crossed cards in Al Schneider's style, John Shryock (in "Live at Caesars"-DVD) with his Copper, silver, brass “Trio”.
With Karl Norman (Close up table magic DVD) three coins from different countries that jump from hand to hand, appear in a pill box, change places with the box and for a finale the box becomes a solid slug of brass. And let's not forget about Scotty York (in World's Greatest Magic by the Greatest Magicians: Gaffed Coins DVD) who gave us "Numismatist"

Now these aren't really "no sleight", but hey...
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Bannon's Aztec-Orient Express is my favorite. And few do it. You'll need a coin purse with a metal snap-frame, like the purse frame sold as an invisible purse.

One very easy sleight. Qualifies for sleight-free in my book.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Bob Sheets hands down.
vkurchenkov
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of vkurchenkov
Check it out Ultimate CSB Routine that one of the phases happens in spectators hands. http://www.ultimatecsbmagic.com/csbrevie......2012.htm
vkurchenkov
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of vkurchenkov
Also there is reference to beautiful sets of CSB gaffs.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Greg Wilson has a nice CSB that uses keys. It's a neat idea.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper, silver, brass routine (9 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL