We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » New to fire magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris_Black
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Chris_Black
How's it going...have been into magic for several years mostly cards,coins,close-up...but have never done anything with fire magic....i do a few different cigarette effects...but nothing with fire...i am very interested in adding some fire to my routines....what I am looking for more or less is any type of flame from fingertips effect...i have looked at different shops online and have seen some of the products..but most of what I have seen looks like it is more geared for stage...or the flames are too high....i'm just looking for a more discreet type of flame maybe about 2-3 inches high...that would be able to be used undetected in a close-up situation....i have seen the finger flashers and stuff...are these more geared to just produce a spark to ignite flash paper?...or would these produce a flame that I am looking for?....i know there are several different ones on the market and any insight as too which ones work best as far as quality,ease of use,and being undetectable in close-up situations...would be greatly appreciated....also interested in auto light matches...any insight on that?
magicgetsgirls
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of magicgetsgirls
What's up Chris. I think I can answer a few or your questions. If you already do a few cigarrete tricks, a good way to blend into fire magic is add some flash paper to a ciggarette routine. Flash paper can ignite from just a ciggarrette, so once the flame goes off from the flash paper, you end clean.
Finger flashers are pretty good, but you are right, they will only give you a quick burst of a flame. If your looking for a flame that stays in your hand, you may want to look into a fire thumbtip. Hope this helps.
Someone who can use his hands is a laborer. Someone who can use his hands, and his mind is a craftsmen. Someone who can use his hands, his mind, and his heart is an artist.
LancerReiNi
View Profile
New user
New York
21 Posts

Profile of LancerReiNi
I'm new to fire magic as well, but lately I've been using the Invisio Torch created by Jim Pace whose a member that frequents this board. You should definitely check out the "Invisio Torch" it's a great effect to open an act with or even end one. Heck, you can use it in a middle of a routine to vanish things. Just a suggestion. I've been practicing Hot Leads on a few people and they seem very impressed too. "Hot Leads" isn't another one of Jim Pace's creations.
Red_Wing_II
View Profile
Regular user
Enchanted Mitten
164 Posts

Profile of Red_Wing_II
Adding fire to your act is like adding spices to your meal, a little goes a long way. If your new this I suggest 1 thing, don't buy anything except for flash stuff untill you know exactly where you are going to spice things up. Get some paper in light and heavy bond, string, cord, rope, cotton and sparkle additive. Go outside with a bucket of water and start burning things ( like this part ). Each one of these burn a little different, some faster, some slower, some more explosive some hotter. When the sparkle is added, a whole new range of dynamics take over. Find the flame look you want and how to time it. For example if you tightly ball up a piece of FP and pull a tail out of it and tightly twist that up you can effectively make it act like a fuse. Light it with the ciggarrette.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » New to fire magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL