We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Legends 852 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
Someone recently gave me 3 packs of Legends 852 and told me they are gaffed but did not know how. I noticed they are marked but have not deciphered how to read anything but the suits. I also noticed they do not come in traditional order. This makes me think they are a stack. Which makes me think there may be many special things about this deck I do not know. Can anyone give me instructions for all the gaffs for these decks? Anyone have instructions or know where I can get them?

Thanks!

Curt
magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
OK, I charted and deciphered the system for the markings. I now know how to tell what suit and rank a card is by it's marking. I believe they are in a stacked order. I do not understand it yet. I also bet there may be more that makes these crds special but don't know.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2149 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
There is an embossed reveal in the box. The stack is 1 cut and 1 faro shuffle from Mnemonica. In addition to the marking system, there are one-way marks in the back design, and the faces are also one-way.
Kevin Reylek
magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
Thanks Kevin! Is there somewhere where I can get the specifics on those instead of just trying to figure it all out?
magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
Thanks Kevin! Is there somewhere where I can get the specifics on those instead of just trying to figure it all out?
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2149 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Not that I'm aware of - that's all stuff that I figured out by playing with the deck. I'm not sure if a definitive list has been posted anywhere by the designers of the deck.
Kevin Reylek
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1861 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
That's the first time I've ever heard that the Legends No 852 decks are marked cards. I have one of these decks and never noticed anything unusual, nor does the ad copy for them mention anything about them being marked.

I'd love to learn more, please - private message if you prefer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Legends 852 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL