The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Banachek -Get out Fast ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
HeY, EyE waNt A BeEr 2!
Synesthesia
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Synesthesia
Quote:
On 2013-10-27 15:41, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-27 00:22, Tom Cutts wrote:
What armchair performers know about mainstream TV is staggeringly little. Doesn't mean I love what passes for TV entertainment, but at least I know there is an audience for it.

Many of the posts in This thread Prove that You are Correct. BTW, what is With this new Idea of capitalizing Random words in Sentences? I this Some kind of a Secret code? If it is Could someone please Explain it to me As I don't Think I'm doing it Right.

:eek:

I don't see anyone in this thread claiming there's no audience for it... just criticizing it as Banachek fans who feel he's getting a poor portrayal in it. I do similarly find the capitalization baffling, though.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
THiS Has BeCome my New favourite ThRead oN the Café fOr all the wRong reasOns.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On 2013-10-27 16:00, Synesthesia wrote:

I don't see anyone in this thread claiming there's no audience for it...

Fair enough, when I read this:

Quote:
On 2013-10-26 16:51, magic123 wrote:
... this can only Hurt his career and the career of Steve BANACHEK Shaw in no uncertain terms .

...I interpreted that as losing their audiences. I guess it might be open to other interpretations, so make of it whatever you like.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Some people just sell their soul for money and to further their career.
Synesthesia
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Synesthesia
Quote:
On 2013-10-27 16:59, Tom Cutts wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-27 16:00, Synesthesia wrote:

I don't see anyone in this thread claiming there's no audience for it...

Fair enough, when I read this:

Quote:
On 2013-10-26 16:51, magic123 wrote:
... this can only Hurt his career and the career of Steve BANACHEK Shaw in no uncertain terms .

...I interpreted that as losing their audiences. I guess it might be open to other interpretations, so make of it whatever you like.

Ah, makes sense. I read it to mean "in the long run, by its effect on their image"
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2013-10-27 15:49, C.J. wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-27 09:08, IAIN wrote:
Strange though, that he reacted the way he did over jim callahan's performance, but this sounds pretty similar...

You think his reaction to Jim was genuine?

He had been planning on attacking Jim since Jim had made the show. What he was not prepared for was Jm's reaction.
His initial comments were planned, the anger at being called out himself was real.
Btw, the Halloween night he threatened Jim, Criss had his own seance show on another network.
This seance (about a dead child) was played off as real, with only a little wink in the after show credits.
Criss has a history of doing one thing and preaching another.

Tony
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On 2013-10-27 17:09, Synesthesia wrote:

Ah, makes sense. I read it to mean "in the long run, by its effect on their image"
Which results in???
Synesthesia
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Synesthesia
Quote:
On 2013-10-27 17:23, Tom Cutts wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-27 17:09, Synesthesia wrote:

Which results in???

Are you being disingenuous, confrontational, or both? Yes, obviously the long-term concern being expressed was that it would reduce their audiences -- but that is not the same as being oblivious to the fact that there could be an immediate audience for this show, as your initial passive-aggressive post asserted.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2013-10-27 15:49, C.J. wrote:
Quote:
Strange though, that he reacted the way he did over jim callahan's performance, but this sounds pretty similar...

You think his reaction to Jim was genuine?

if you read the older posts about it from the time it happened, I would have said yes...and from what jim has said about it too, yes...
I've asked to be banned
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On 2013-10-27 17:30, Synesthesia wrote:
Are you being disingenuous, confrontational, or both?
Neither, but I can see by your leading phrasing that disingenuous is what you are displaying, possibly tongue in cheek... Or not.

But I agree with you on this. It is possible that he meant, I see where there is an audience for this, but he will lose more than he gains. That just isn't the way I interpret his alarmed warning. As said before, interpret it however you like.
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
Well said Tom ...
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I think Criss,will do the same as in the 'Seance' show!
Do the show,and reveal at the very end,it was not true!
Very short comment...
Not a reveal on method,though!

And... Yes,it is tricks!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Same old exposure ..different day ... say you are one of them ..then say 'Gotcha' at the end ... just funny!!!! Same pseudoskeptic ploy ..just like the Washington University scam that wasted so much money that could have been used for legit research.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Synesthesia
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Synesthesia
Quote:
On 2013-10-27 22:26, Slim King wrote:
Same old exposure ..different day ... say you are one of them ..then say 'Gotcha' at the end ... just funny!!!! Same pseudoskeptic ploy ..just like the Washington University scam that wasted so much money that could have been used for legit research.

I think that money was already wasted when it was given to researchers who were so easy to fool.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Quote:
On 2013-10-27 10:47, Bard wrote:
Quote:

Yea, but it wouldn't be the first time that Criss has "borrowed" from others. . . I'm still waiting to hear about how my effect got into this most recent series without so much as a phone call.

Out of Curiosity what effect are you talking about. I'll admit I ONLY watched like his very first Season. The one where he had to escape a barrel before crashing down on cement. The one where he used that $115.00 or so Haunted Deck the creator's mind is on the tip of my tongue Nicholas Eickhorn I believe. No I've NEVER cared for this show as to me with the exception of maybe 20%-25% is T.V. "Magic" Even then Banachek (one of my TOP 10 favorite Mentalist was on it and I just sighed asking WHY to myself) was apart of it. I think David Blaine is A LOT BETTER and EVEN he has resorted to editing, stoogery which to me is NOT MAGIC. If laymen ask I'll tell them EXACTLY how it was done as to me it's NOT Magic and I genuinely don't think I'm Breaking the Code of our Sacred Art. To me except for maybe 20%-25% percent (which BTW I DON'T EXPOSE as they are Legit Tricks) it's a T.V. Show of "Special Effects". As a Stage Magician I hear he is very good and in THAT ARENA I truly give him a hats off. I'll admit I DID like his "Nude Jail Cell Escape" though he friggen exposed it. I have the De-Val book on the REAL METHOD which I'd get if I were you. Not a PDF but the book, and his Book on "Escapes" in General. I have NOTHING personally against Criss I just wish if he were to do REAL STREET MAGIC like I have the past 22 years then DO IT. Chris Korn, and Ben ? had a REAL SHOW on Real Street Magic I loved, though Chris hurt his hand accidentally practicing for the nail smash routine. Just curious though Bard as I said. Thanks.

God Bless, Ed
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
Felt UnluCKY, OUr tv ain't up to code.
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of nimrod
I don't use stooges because Israel is such a small country but I see no harm in it. The greatest magicians in the world used stooges all the time and Copperfield does so to this days in his stage shows (not to say his television shows). We are here to entertain and amaze, how, it really doesn't matter.

Nimrod , Israel
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
Thought the concept / Performance was in worst possible Taste .
Is there not enough of good magic/mentalism out there that They (Banachek & CAngel)
have to resort to using the dead - Sheesh !

m123
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
I saw the trailer for the raise the dead effect. I have to say I can't see the draw for it. Surely no one believes that the person was really dead? I mean maybe if it was some unknown guy walking into a graveyard sure... but when it's a well-known magician I just can't see anyone really buying into it. If Criss can really get people to believe it than good for him, he's a better performer than I gave him credit for.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Banachek -Get out Fast ! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL