The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Buzz Lawrence Gumball Magi-Chine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez

I have always been fascinated with translocation effects which began with Coin Nests and Lippincott boxes. Over the years I collected the most practical sets on the market but somehow remained oblivious to the concept of gumball machines until this summer. Since then I have collected most of the commercially available machines with the exception of the machines sold by Collector's Workshop and Ray Lum because of cost. I acquired Joe Givan's, John Sterlini's, Ray Logan's and most recently Buzz Lawrence's Magi-Chine. All of which are slightly different but work faithfully and perform wonderfully.

I must; however, give credit where it is due and offer accolades and praise to the Magi-Chine for the subtle yet noteworthy enhancements I recognized immediately. After removing the top, I discovered a swiveling handle which makes lifting the globe and accessing the coin bucket a breeze. Also, the side panels on the globe can be slid out and removed for convenient cleaning. Finally, it is the only machine I own with a removable gimmick allowing it to be easily converted from a magical stage prop to a standard operating vending machine in mere minutes. I love all of my children Smile but if you are shopping on a budget, this rendition might be the best value for the money without sacrificing quality. I am very happy with the purchase of my Magi-Chine and cannot say enough good things about it. Comes highly recommended.
Premier Magic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Premier Magic
I was just commenting on the Ring Grinder thread and would assume this would go hand in hand with that effect as a finisher. Where are these sold at, I thought it was Nexus but haven't been able to find more info on this specific gumball machine. Thanks!
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2013-10-30 23:10, Premier Magic wrote:
I was just commenting on the Ring Grinder thread and would assume this would go hand in hand with that effect as a finisher. Where are these sold at, I thought it was Nexus but haven't been able to find more info on this specific gumball machine. Thanks!

To answer your question, the gumball machine is available through magic dealers from Murphy's Magic and may be ordered from any dealer that buys from Murphy's.

The machine is called the RING-A-DING Gumball Machine.
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

I have already placed our order with Murphy's for this item. According to our source there this will be available very soon... Hocus Pocus will have the Gumball Machine and were very excited to be able to offer this to our customers.. . Watch our website for details...

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
To everyone that is interested in the gumball machine. Murphy's Magic is now distributing the gumball machine and only available through dealers that purchase from Murphy's Magic.

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=52641
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
This looks great!
Magikbob
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Magikbob
Based on Richard's comparison between gumball machines on this and other threads, I took the plunge and purchased Buzz Lawrence's gumball machine. Although I don't own any of the others, all I can say is that this machine works like a charm. Loading with the cover on (or off) is fool-proof, and his instructions are complete and very detailed. The operations are simple and I can't envision any problems happening with the gimmick as it is built to last.

I've also had the opportunity to PM Buzz a few questions, and his customer service is terrific. I rank him alongside Craig Filicetti and Bill Abbott as being extremely responsive, helpful and fun to converse with.

I'm having a great time with the machine and appreciate the Café's "magicians helping magicians"
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Can someone tell me if the Buzz Lawrence machine can be mounted to a stand?

thanks
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello MagiChrisMitch,

We have had these in stock for about a week and have had time to play around with it. The Buzz Lawrence Gumball Machine does not have the capability to be mounted on a stand. However I am sure that you could find a way to do so with a little effort. We made a small round top and mounted it to a Eureka Table Base and it works just fine.. I can tell you that it is extremely well made and most importantly the way that you load the prize ball is simple and direct..No fumbling or fear of it jamming or failing in performance like other versions that sell for a whole lot more.. We do carry several versions of this effect here at Hocus Pocus and I do feel for the price that this is an exceptional value. If you need more info. Please feel free to contact me directly at Hocus Pocus. Hope that helps.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Thanks Paul, any color choice (looking for black?)
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello MagiChrisMitch,

Only color available is red at this time..

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 21:02, MagiChrisMitch wrote:
Can someone tell me if the Buzz Lawrence machine can be mounted to a stand?

thanks

Hi Chris;

The gumball machine does have the ability to be mounted to a steel stand; the mounting plate is difficult to see, unless you disassemble the entire machine.

The stand has a mounting plate that is below the cash box of the machine to increase security and make it impossible to break into the cash box in a normal gumball machine location; to mount a stand all you need to do is lift the stand off the table to reveal the mounting plate and the stand mount is already drilled for a standard candy stand.

If you have any additional questions feel free to PM me

Buzz
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Let me be more specific about the stand, it takes the standard stand that you will see in a retail establishment, the stand in stores are very heavy and stable.

Today I started to design a standard three leg folding stand with wheels to hold the machine

When the stand is ready for sale, the mounting plate with match the bottom of the holes on the machine without any drilling
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

That great news on a made to fit stand with wheels.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Yes; I'm looking to design a gumball machine accessory to fit the most popular stands on the market today so you will be able to use it as a table by attaching a flat surface, or the gumball machine stand with no flat surface under it
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Great idea Buzz, keep us posted!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Buzz Lawrence Gumball Magi-Chine (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL