The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2013 entrée: Paul Romhany » » Mentalism For Kids » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I know you've released two books on mentalism for kids but haven't heard much about them after their initial release. I'd like to hear your thoughts and opinions on mentalism for kids as far as what type of effects you've found play the strongest, what age do you feel in your experiences mentalism is understood and enjoyed by kids, and how does performing mentalism for kids differ than performed for adults? Thanks!
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
800 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
Both of these books are still selling and the feedback has been very positive. I know more and more magicians and mentalists who are performing some kind of mentalism for kids. These books all up offer over 600 pages of material that professionals are using for kids parties combining mentalism. Yes it is performed differently - more like a guessing game in a lot of cases. I would say as young as 5 you can do some kind of mentalism no problem. Certainly kids around 10 years and older do get it. They are watching shows like The Mentalist and with so much on television about this kind of 'magic' they have a grasp of it. My favorite is a cube routine by Steven Skindell. It uses a cube with photos on it and your iPhone as the receiver. The kids don't see the receiver of course but the cube can be anything from sports objects to photographs. It's great for walkabout but I use it for kids shows.

Mentalism is becoming very mainstream now, and even Banacheck has a great routine he does if he is asked to do something for kids.

I think the ultimate performer in this medium is Doc Hilford. His personality is perfect for both adults and kids.

I find visual effects are the strongest - nothing that is too long and drawn out - but material that is direct and to the point, as well as getting kids involved.
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://www.paulromhanymagic.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2013 entrée: Paul Romhany » » Mentalism For Kids » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL