The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Roni Shachnaey Book (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
The Cloth arrived last week. I would have to say this book is worth it just for the section on readings alone, and that's only the last 15% of the book! That said, even if you are averse to readings, I think it's worth it to read what Roni has to say on this simply as an academic exercise, and you still have 200+ pages that reside in a realm that lies in its own pocket dimension merging those of the mental and the bizarre. Thank you, Roni!
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
It is always a rare moment in magic when a genuine master of the craft writes his magnum opus. Sometimes these sorts of books are interesting insights into the craft, sometimes they are helpful explanations of 'how-to' that create something of a master class of tricks, sometimes they are exposures of the long-hidden secrets of a performer's trademark miracles.

Mystic is all of this, plus Roni's particular discussion of readings. As many have said, the section on readings alone is well worth the price of this extraordinary book. But you also get Roni's tried-and-true billet handlings, spoon bends, DIY instructions for EASILY building your own mentalism show, and a host of bizarre effects into the bargain.

But there is even more. In Mystic we have Roni's thoughts. Here are the inner workings of a master at work. You aren't going to copy Roni's style (who could? He's untouchable), but with Mystic you gain the insight so often missing in these sorts of books--how the effect is intended to move the spectator.

We are fortunate to be able to welcome such a book into our profession's academic arsenal. You should have it on your shelf. Most highly recommended.

Professor BC
Phasmologist
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
May I thank you all for being so kind. I hope the book will keep you inspired for long time.
Roni
m.o.pfeil
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of m.o.pfeil
As the book is available as a pdf, I wanted to add some words with respect to that. The contents have rightfully been praised before. Thus just two comments on the pdf - firstly it is very well laid out and very readable. Secondly, I much appreciate that despite the large page count it is a (comparatively) small file, very well done! Even though high in price as downloads go, I would welcome all of the books with Steve Drurys involvement in this format. Thank you!.
I'd rather be read than (w)ri(gh)t(e)
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1533 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Reviving an old post, obviously!

I only recently discovered Roni's magic and mentalism through my research on an alchemy-themed piece. At first, I didn't want to spend $75 for the digital book for only one routine, but, OH, am I glad I did! This book stands right up there with books by Burger, Borodin, and The Altar Flame compilation. The alchemy routine is one for which I'll be working out my own presentation.

On a very sad note, I'm just upset that I didn't discover this wonderful material while Roni was still with us. Hopefully, I can take what I'm learning and make it available for more people even after he is gone.
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Roni Shachnaey Book (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL