We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Question regarding Haunted Inns of England (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shayde Phoenix
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
117 Posts

Profile of Shayde Phoenix
I'd like to pick this up sometime before the new year. Is it going to be made available again?
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
Last I heard, the Prof said maybe after he got through with D0ppl3ganger. Now considering that isn't out until December, new year might be being optimistic. But I don't speak for the Prof, just stating what I heard when I tried to purchase this a couple of months ago.
All is perceived through the gate of the mind.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1353 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Brynmore13 has his finger on this pulse. Sorry. I didn't know we were out of stock until recently and I'm buried with Doppelganger work until it releases in early December--at that time I expect to make another batch of Haunted Inns and restock the supply.

Best,
BC
Phasmologist
Shayde Phoenix
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
117 Posts

Profile of Shayde Phoenix
Alright. A wait it is I guess. Smile

Thanks for the responses.
Doc Ben
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix, AZ
188 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Received my "right handed" haunted key and Inns today....beautiful piece of work. I have had two other haunted keys, both were shiny brass, one very large and I could not get them to "work" easily, if at all, regardless of how I tried to handle them. This beauty "worked" within seconds of my first attempt. And its appearance! So masterfully aged and credibly authentic, I plan to use it as part of my intro to my L*n# trilogy as it matches the latter effects keys. The cig cards and story that accompany it and the routine are a fantastic and I plan to use the routine soon, too, as created by Pro BC. The subtle and final revelation as designed by Prof BC is pure genius....took me a few minutes and with my aged eyesight was expected to be so, but I actualluy pulled out a magnifying glass (that I have used in another routine....Shu#*€@b÷g) and it was wonderful to then clearly find the surprise revelation for the Inns climax. I can't wait to show this to my monthly dinner friends in my "apres dessert" entertainment...!
Thank you Dan and Prof BC for another classic piece of artful "bizarre" delight!
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" (the original F. Baum)
rgnprof
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of rgnprof
I have been considering this routine for a bit - but I still don't see the "right-handed" key available on Lebanon Circle's web page...did you find one somewhere else?

Thanks, ryan
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1353 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On 2014-02-22 11:11, rgnprof wrote:
I have been considering this routine for a bit - but I still don't see the "right-handed" key available on Lebanon Circle's web page...did you find one somewhere else?

Thanks, ryan

Ryan:
I tried to 'sneak' a batch of these onto the shelves a few weeks ago just to get it back in stock for Dan after being off the shelves for several months, but all the right-handed keys sold out within days of arrival. In fact, they were over sold and I haven't any key stock on hand to fulfill these orders just now. I therefor have no idea when I will be able to make up the next batch of Haunted Inns. I understand from Dan that he still has a few of the left-hand keys in stock still.

It is important to note that this doesn't mean that they are keys for left-handed performers but rather keys that you perform on your left palm. I am a right-handed person but perform the haunted key on my left palm, so I use a left-hand key.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
BC
Phasmologist
Doc Ben
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix, AZ
188 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
I would have grabbed a chance for a "left handed" key if that was all that was available, as it works so easily I would not have had a problem using it on my left palm. I love this edition and would suggest you grab it while you can!
Even without the Haunted Inns part of the routine this artful creation would be worth it to me.
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" (the original F. Baum)
rgnprof
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of rgnprof
Well, I went ahead and purchased this. After practicing with my regular haunted key - LH or RH doesn't seem to matter. Looking forward to getting this...

Thanks, ryan
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
733 Posts

Profile of roblane
I've just been lucky enough to grab a second hand copy of this. Brilliantly aged key and turns easily. Now I know the revelation is meant to be hard to read , but my 50 yr old eyes can't make out a thing, even with me bifocals! Any ideas how I could re-stamp or engrave/ mark it?
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1456 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Contact Prof BC Smile
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
692 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Maybe first try letting someone else that has younger eyes take a look to see if they can make it out
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
692 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Technically you don't need to see the reveal - only the spec - If it is very faint, but there, then it adds to the impact of the effect - it may even be more powerful of you have an old timey magnifying glass that you lend the spec so that they can find the reveal themselves. It will give you room to build the mystery in your performance.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
My one is very difficult to read as well so I just used a dart to scrape into the lettering until I was happy with it and then just dirtied the letters up a bit.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1456 Posts

Profile of Darkness
The answer is it depends who you are showing it to. You really don't want the spec to easily see it, until they discover it when closely examining the key. In the end they do have to be able to make it out.

Not sure if I would bring out a magnify glass (I don't think anyone under 30 has ever held one Smile You don't want to make it look like you're prepared? That telegraphs an obvious force. Unless you had the glass on the table the whole night with a bunch of other stuff and had used for something else?
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
733 Posts

Profile of roblane
Even with a magnifying glass it is just 'dots', but I've just experienced some remarkable service from the Prof. He pm'd within minutes of my post, offering to re-stamp the key for me (if possible). On discovering I'm UK based, he's going to make me a new one to negate double postage charges. Wow, that's service. Thanks again.
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
692 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Glad to hear it worked out!
The Dark Cabaret
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of The Dark Cabaret
I'm anxiously awaiting the restock. I'm told those will be forthcoming later this year.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1353 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Thanks to roblane, that restock will happen sooner rather than later. The needs of someone currently holding an item tends to push forward my timetable, so while I am making up a key to replace his I'll likely be doing a few extras to put into stock. No sense in retooling to do just the one. But all of that has to wait until the Ph.O.t.O. Dopps is put to bed. Working on that even now.

BC
Phasmologist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Question regarding Haunted Inns of England (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL