The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Pennies by Giovanni Livera (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3527 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
The Pennies is a little known mathematical puzzle, that GIOVANNI LIVERA presentation takes it to a new level.

Requires NO slight of hand.
Can be done with ANY object.

Is like Miser's Dream on a mat. Spectator freely chooses where to add the coins, yet when counted the same number of pennies exist.

Mind blowing fun for the performer AND the spectator.

They say it's not what you do it's how you do it, so lets get ready to do it right! See one of magics' greatest innovators take a mind boggling, self working puzzle and turn it into a MAGICAL EVENT your audience will LOVE! This is THE PENNIES by GIOVANNI LIVERA. Golden Cups winner and celebrated motivational speaker Giovanni Livera shows you how a totally impromptu puzzle, a roll of pennies, and solid routine can bring the house down! The routining techniques taught here are invaluable and can take your existing routines to new heights! Learn to turn a puzzle into a show piece. The most fun you can have for fifty cents!

No Gimmicks! Cool psychology with pure showmanship!

"I have witnessed Giovanni get loud cheers and a standing ovation when he did this routine for forty sophisticated magicians! This is one of the only tricks I would like to master before I depart this world."
- Barrie Richardson - Magician Legend

Link: http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-17597.html

Comments?
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Saw the sneak peek which shows an audience having a good time & Giovanni having a good time.

However had no idea what the effect was at all.

I have no doubt that after the other 2 releases that it will be great but is the effect a production of coins from nowhere, like misers dream and then a puzzle with the coins ?

Mike Donoghue
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I would also like more info on this. Anybody?

Regards,
Mike
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
From the demo, looks like something I saw on Scam School. I am sure Giovanni Livera has made it a showpiece but I would love to know more details and what added features does this have over the 'basic' secret that makes it worthy of a single routine DVD release.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1340 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I will assume this is going to be good, I have both of Giovanni's other releases.

Would have been nice to see an actual performance on the video. Maybe, that would have exposed too much?
Still early however, since it does not come out until tomorrow. Interesting.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

Tracy Guillory [aka ProfessorWhut]
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
This is Giovanni's highly entertaining, and suitable for stage, take on the old Bermuda Triangle mystery. Many versions have appeared in print, including a really nice one by David Harkey in Genii, I believe, several years ago.
It's all in the reflexes.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2311 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I assume by looking at the clip that this is the trick where you start with 10 coins in each side of a square, you move a few add one and there are still 10 in each side, this is repeated quite a few times adding coins and there are still 10 on each side.

The method is not new Diamond Jim Tyler lectured this trick on his recent tour of the UK so it looks like it's the routine that's for sale here.

If Giovanni's previous releases are anything to go by this routine will be very good so I'm sure we will be stocking it when its out.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3527 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Thanks. I'm rather looking forward to more info on this. I like the way he makes something bigger and more entertaining out of everything he touches.

KJ
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5823 Posts

Profile of motown
What's the effect?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2311 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On 2013-10-31 14:30, motown wrote:
What's the effect?

It's in my description above.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
If you didn't yell and get all animated, they'd fall asleep while you performed it.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2311 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On 2013-10-31 15:43, Zombie Magic wrote:
If you didn't yell and get all animated, they'd fall asleep while you performed it.

I agree.

This is a very puzzling effect even when you know how its done.

I do like it though and am very interested to see how Giovanni has turned this into a showpiece.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
853 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
I'm pretty sure that I got this from one of the Jim Steinmeyer "Impuzzibilities" booklets.

It's not too bad, but you should get it from the Steinmeyer booklet rather than pay $30 for it here.

And yes, you will need a bit of showmanship to prevent this from being boring.

But it will stun your audience, especially if you let your specs do all of the work so that you never touch anything yourself!
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Gio is an incredible performer and person. I've been a big fan since his first 4F convention. I'm sure he's worked this out to perfection. You could learn a lot, even if you didn't do the routine.

BUT.... this is almost 2014. Ever see someone when they have to wait 2 seconds to get a WiFi connection? People's attention spans and patience are at all time lows.

Based on the limited trailer, I wouldn't go near it. That audience is a ....very friendly audience. I've seen some of those faces in his other trailers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY5iDD0te14
Nige
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Nige
Quote:
On 2013-10-31 14:07, Saturn Magic wrote:
I assume by looking at the clip that this is the trick where you start with 10 coins in each side of a square, you move a few add one and there are still 10 in each side, this is repeated quite a few times adding coins and there are still 10 on each side.

I agree, it does appear to be that effect, in which case I consider the description misleading. If it is indeed that same puzzle I'd be hugely disappointed because it certainly aint mind boggling unless your spectators are very very dim. The routine would have to be phenomenally good to warrant this price because the puzzle is old and freely available
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Yes, you can find the puzzle published and create your own routine. With this, you're paying for Giovanni's well thought-out structure and routining. He does this effect for large corporate groups and it kills.
And if you think it won't fool people you've either done it wrong or not at all. It can absolutely baffle people.
Look up David Harkey's 'Bermuda' for a creative, magical take on this. It appeared some years ago in either GENII or MAGIC. I can't recall which.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3026 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
We often under-rate things like this when we learn the presentation and the secret at the same time from a book.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3540 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Saw Gary Plants do a version of this recently. He did it very well and added a kicker ending but, to be honest, it was still a complete snooze fest. Way too much time and effort put into a plot that is at best confusing and at worst a "so what" moment. Giovanni clearly puts a lot of energy into it but at the end of the day, this is still just a puzzle, not magic.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Check out the Harkey routine.
This can absolutely be magic. That's up to you.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11492 Posts

Profile of John C
It's kind of like selling. If you sell your wallet to someone you will never make any money. In other words if you ask someone for 100$ a month cause you know that is all you can afford you will never ask someone for $1000 a month.

If you look at a trick with your knowledge of knowing how it's done then that's what will be in your mind and you will always believe it's transparent.

The pros have learned to get beyond this phenomenon. They see a trick for what it is and decide it's something they want to show people and they devise a presentation they think is cool and they proceed to perform and tweak it.

The non pros think, jeez, this will never fool anyone. And they move on to their next purchase.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Pennies by Giovanni Livera (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL