The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Suggesting reschedule an event? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dimitri Mystery Artist
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel/Ukraine
355 Posts

Profile of Dimitri Mystery Artist
Is it OK to suggest to a client reschedule an event in case you are not available on the requested date? or is it a little bit rude?

it happens that I got a consult for a show on saturday night, end of year, it seems to be a very popular date, I haven´t suggested it directly but I did subtle mention that it is a very busy night and I don´t think I can even recommend you a good performer that will be available.

any thoughts?
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
You have already mentioned this to the client. If you bring it up any more, it will be seen as nagging, and you will potentially make them angry. You can make your decision from here.

Bob Phillips
Robin4Kids
View Profile
Veteran user
Lower Alabama
396 Posts

Profile of Robin4Kids
If you are already booked for a date and time a prospect is wanting to book a show, it is certainly not out of line for you to say, "I'm sorry that I am already booked for that time, but if you would consider changing the date and/or time of your event, I will be glad to give you the open dates & times that I am availble."
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
It's not rude when done properly. I do it all the time and am absolutely surprised, honored and flattered how often clients will change the date to have me perform for them
I will let them know I'm not available that date and time, I will give them a few other options of times I am available for and I also offer them the option of referring two other very good magicians Who may be available for their date and time
It's really all about customer service Its the entertainment business, I'm here to help people That's exactly the attitude I take and how Its presented

Posted: Nov 1, 2013 12:49pm
Remember you're selling your show
you're selling you!!!
Not just some magic show your selling Dimitri the mystery artist
If they've called or emailed they're interested in you when speaking with them or when you email them back let them know what makes tour show different, why they should have Dimitri the Mistry artist. Not just some magician
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
I do it all the time. It looks something like this:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact me. Unfortunately I am not available on _____ at ____, however if there's any flexibility in your schedule I am available the day before at _____ or the day after at _____. If you have another date in mind, please let me know and hopefully we can work something out. If not, I will contact you next year and hopefully we can find a date/time that will work for your event!"

http://www.PartShowPartBusiness.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Suggesting reschedule an event? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL