The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ford recall in Toronto? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I frankly didn't think you were criticizing him, but enjoying his wackiness. Wackiness is good. It makes us laugh. The more we laugh the better we feel, so have some laughs at every meal. (From an old worn out poem about beans being good for the heart.) Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
845 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Exactly!! Smile
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On 2013-11-04 02:22, Bob1Dog wrote:
And while he may have been a VIP at one point, it appears he's presently not a Café member, if you wish to look him up. Smile

He is often a Café member, but even those of us who talk to him regularly are never quite sure when, and as whom. Smile
nause
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of nause
frankvomit
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of frankvomit
Just to clear things up a bit, the video does exist it's not released to the public so really at this point it is still speculation. In my opinion and my experience as a recovering addict myself is I don't think you could remain as over weight as rob ford and have a crack ha bit at the same time. I could be wrong he's not the first person in a position of power to immediately assume he's above the law but I would really have to see the evidence myself before I decide the man needs to e condemned . At the same time in the latest news he did confess to using crack but this is politics so he could have confessed weather it was true or not just to make things blow over quicker.

I guess I'm not so quick to condemn him because he is pretty much responsible for saving toronto's economy. So crackhead or not he has actually done a lot of good for this city.
nause
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of nause
The blog I linked to has proposed Paul Pacific as Mayor of Toronto. Interesting choice........................
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
845 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Oh, the things I would do with our city!!!
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1822 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Would you make it unlawful to wear shoes?
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 06:30, nause wrote:
http://mcleod1234.blog.com/2013/11/06/rob-ford/

He never could get my user name right. And please note that despite what is written in his blog, I never mentioned any names with regard to that other site. There are many sites, I'm sure. Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 11:12, frankvomit wrote:

I guess I'm not so quick to condemn him because he is pretty much responsible for saving toronto's economy.

Go troll elsewhere, Rob. Smile

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2013......ob-ford/

Rob Ford was always a nice idea: a fiscal hawk who was going to roll up his sleeves and straighten out the city hall of Canada’s biggest city. He would re-invent civic government and watch every dollar, apply common-sense private-sector practices, and shrink Toronto’s administration down to just the right size.

In practice, Rob Ford has done none of this since his election in 2010, but his fervent supporters were so enamored with the idea of Rob Ford that they became complicit in covering up for real-life-Rob-Ford’s failures.

But the flesh-and-blood Rob Ford never was the Rob Ford of the conservative imagination.

His fans will rhyme off a list of his accomplishments, which on inspection are not really all that spectacular. He contracted our garbage collection in a city that already had private trash collection. He negotiated a labour deal with a union that agreed in advance to a wage freeze.

Ford uses voodoo math to insist that he has saved a billion tax dollars. In fact, his most recent budget was $200-million larger than the previous mayor’s last budget. That beats inflation, and is worthy of praise on that basis, but it’s not transformational government.

The streets of Toronto are no cleaner and no less congested. Services and employees that should have been shed are still on the books. There has been no streamlining, and the billions in efficiencies promised by the mayor during his campaign have never materialized.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Isn't he the guy who shot Jesse James?
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 13:53, nause wrote:
The blog I linked to has proposed Paul Pacific as Mayor of Toronto. Interesting choice........................

Hey nause, I see you joined the Café just two days ago. Welcome aboard Mark. Smile

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
He he.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
nause
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of nause
Nope. Not me. However I do understand that he will soon be making a post about GDW. I am not sure what it will be about.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Spell the word humor the way you did below Smile Here's the entire thread for your perusal.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30

nause

New user

12 Posts Posted: Nov 4, 2013 3:21pm Reply with quote Send a Private Message View Profile of nause Report this post to forum moderator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I am afraid British standards aren't that great. Some of the worst children's entertainers that I have ever seen are from the UK. And the Brits are notorious for their lavatory humour. (emphasis mine) And there is nothing whatsoever wrong with that, of course. It just seems hypocritical to me to imply otherwise as Roger seems to be doing.

Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Kimmel is having a field day with Ford again right now. Smile

Admittedly, not as funny as last night.

magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6527 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Ford is finished. The only reason he got elected is because somebody took a cellphone picture of a ttc employee asleep in a toll booth. The people went nuts and shouted "Omg!!! 27 dollars an hour with benefits and hes asleep? What an outrage"...blah blah blah.
As if it mattered. Maybe the poor guy was up all night with a sick child who knows. Meanwhile CEOs make millions a day to play squash but god forbid a middle class guy should fall asleep in a booth.
anyway...it was a social networking circus .
Ford waltzed in and said he was going to make toronto more efficient and trim the fat.
The people fell for it.
Now they find out hes a partying, lying, crack smoking, alcoholic. Which is fine...unless youre mayor of the 4th largest city in North America.
they shouldve elected the sleeping ttc worker.
nause
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of nause
Bob. If you are implying that I am British you are mistaken. EVERY English speaking country in the world except for the US spells "humour" in the manner described. Just because I am not American does not necessarily mean that I am British. Rob Ford is Canadian. This thread is about the mayor of a large CANADIAN city. I am CANADIAN therefore I spell in the Canadian manner. It is true that some American spelling has crept in up here but it is nevertheless incorrect spelling as far as Canada is concerned.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15959 Posts

Profile of tommy
Same thing. The Americans also think they have escaped, just because they spell humour differently.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
One of the 'Beauties' on Australian Beauty and the Geek was asked tonight "What are the two official languages of Canada?"

"English, and ah... Canadian?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ford recall in Toronto? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL