The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ford recall in Toronto? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Not that I watch it of course Smile Someone told me about it. Smile Smile Smile
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-11-07 03:49, nause wrote:
Bob. If you are implying that I am British you are mistaken. EVERY English speaking country in the world except for the US spells "humour" in the manner described. Just because I am not American does not necessarily mean that I am British. Rob Ford is Canadian. This thread is about the mayor of a large CANADIAN city. I am CANADIAN therefore I spell in the Canadian manner. It is true that some American spelling has crept in up here but it is nevertheless incorrect spelling as far as Canada is concerned.

R-i-i-i-i-i-ght Ronnie, oh! I mean Mark! Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
648 Posts

Profile of Police Magician
Locally, we have had politicians who had bad track records and some who were indicted on criminal charges who were reelected. One such person locally lost his seat to another as he was pushed out of it due to an indictment of a serious criminal charge. He still ran in the race and, thankfully, lost.

Sad thing is, he claims to be a minister and has the title of Rev. before his name. He has been arrested several times and lastly on a charge of obstruction for a major murder case that was nationally shown.

This guy Ford is a character. He is accused of the same thing a Washington D.C. mayor was years ago. Seems it you are in the spotlight and in control of a high office, getting high is not the right choice for you. I don't know if he is shown using drugs as his time will be decided in a court of law.
nause
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of nause
It is nice to see Toronto getting so much attention. It may well be the greatest city in North America except for the awful winters and even more bloody awful magicians. And there are far too many Canadians here but of course you can't have everything. When Paul becomes Mayor I do hope he does something about it.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Another case of a populist with some charisma, no experience and no talent talking his way into public office.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
nause
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of nause
Yep, Magnus. That sounds exactly like Paul. I can just see it happening.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2013-11-05 17:34, balducci wrote:

I'm trying to figure out why Rob Ford's enabler brother, Doug Ford, is getting such a free pass.

He is a City Councillor and it seems to me that he was involved in the cover-up, publicly denying facts about his brother for months.

"Doug Ford: Worst. Brother. Ever."

http://www.thegridto.com/city/politics/worst-brother-ever/
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Video of another of Rob Ford's (presumably) drunken rants:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/......ant.html
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
nause
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of nause
That video is a breach of privacy. Whoever leaked it to the media should be ashamed of themselves.
frankvomit
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of frankvomit
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 18:06, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 11:12, frankvomit wrote:

I guess I'm not so quick to condemn him because he is pretty much responsible for saving toronto's economy.

Go troll elsewhere, Rob. Smile

Well I stand corrected !

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2013......ob-ford/

Rob Ford was always a nice idea: a fiscal hawk who was going to roll up his sleeves and straighten out the city hall of Canada’s biggest city. He would re-invent civic government and watch every dollar, apply common-sense private-sector practices, and shrink Toronto’s administration down to just the right size.

In practice, Rob Ford has done none of this since his election in 2010, but his fervent supporters were so enamored with the idea of Rob Ford that they became complicit in covering up for real-life-Rob-Ford’s failures.

But the flesh-and-blood Rob Ford never was the Rob Ford of the conservative imagination.

His fans will rhyme off a list of his accomplishments, which on inspection are not really all that spectacular. He contracted our garbage collection in a city that already had private trash collection. He negotiated a labour deal with a union that agreed in advance to a wage freeze.

Ford uses voodoo math to insist that he has saved a billion tax dollars. In fact, his most recent budget was $200-million larger than the previous mayor’s last budget. That beats inflation, and is worthy of praise on that basis, but it’s not transformational government.

The streets of Toronto are no cleaner and no less congested. Services and employees that should have been shed are still on the books. There has been no streamlining, and the billions in efficiencies promised by the mayor during his campaign have never materialized.

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
This afternoon Ford's mother finally expressed some concern about her drunken, sometimes crack-fueled, son. I mean her son Rob, the one that hangs out with thugs, crooks, drug dealers, gun traffickers, and (possibly though not yet proven) a murderer.

What does she express concern about?

"The only specific problem afflicting Rob Ford that his mother identified in the interview was his 'weight problem'."

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/......_up.html
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-11-07 16:22, nause wrote:
That video is a breach of privacy. Whoever leaked it to the media should be ashamed of themselves.

Yes, quite nause-ating. Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Toronto mayor Rob Ford admitted on Tuesday that he had smoked crack cocaine "about a year ago", probably in a "drunken stupor".

Quote:
On 2013-11-07 16:22, nause wrote:

Yeah, lol. I think not really (a breach of privacy), though, given the circumstances of the taping.

Besides, maybe it was released by the man, Rob Ford, himself in another "drunken stupor". Smile
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 11:12, frankvomit wrote:
... I don't think you could remain as over weight as rob ford and have a crack ha bit at the same time. ...

Two words - Chris Farley.

He's not the only politician who has gotten caught stepping on his poncho. Marion Barry, former mayor of Washington, DC, got caught, on camera, mouth on the crack pipe in a drug sting and claimed 'The !@#$% (woman he was with) set me up.' I don't see how Ford blaming it on being drunk is helping himself. He clearly has a substance abuse problem. If he doesn't get help, it will kill him.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Jimmy Kimmel does a great riff on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5vLr_UTNPc

If you want to skip to the best part, go to 3:56 where his 'spokesperson' does a great explanation of what happened.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
The Toronto city council is trying to throw mayor Ford out of office today because 75% of the Toronto citizens are ashamed of him.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
In Vancouver over the weekend, I saw a Rob Ford for Senate t-shirt. About right.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2013-11-13 11:51, Al Angello wrote:
The Toronto city council is trying to throw mayor Ford out of office today because 75% of the Toronto citizens are ashamed of him.

that's what I tried to tell you, Al.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Magicfish
This has been the funniest political news story I've heard since president Clinton's impeachment fiasco. I had to report it because everybody else here seemed to be asleep at the wheel. LOL
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Yeah, it's pretty funny when the president of the US gets impeached. A real comedy. Woo Woo. Yikes!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ford recall in Toronto? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL