The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Prof BC - Doppleganger - all you need to know and more.... (540 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..37~38~39 [Next]
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I hope someone will post when they receive their newsletter just in case of anything...
Eagerly waiting...
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
Christmas Dopps is on the LC site and available for purchase. Says pre order is available the 10th, but I never received
a newsletter.
I just bought the Dopps in my series.
Go get -em!
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
Perkins' recorded medium Enoch is also now available on the LC website!!
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
I just ordered mine also. Merry Christmas you Ghosts of Christmas.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Thanks for the look alive, Horus. Just grabbed mine as well!
The SĂ©ance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
Yes, forgot my manners in the excitement...Thank you, Horus. Smile Smile
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2014, horus1 wrote:
Christmas Dopps is on the LC site and available for purchase. Says pre order is available the 10th, but I never received a newsletter.
I just bought the Dopps in my series.
Go get -em!

Done. Thanks
Bob
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Thanks all! Newsletter recieved!
theghostcompany
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
82 Posts

Profile of theghostcompany
Just ordered both and just listened into Enoch for a few minutes - sounds absolutely terrific!
A.J.Drake
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
211 Posts

Profile of A.J.Drake
Got the Newsletter....
Ordered my Christmas Carol and Enoch.
Magic is everywhere ...

www.ajdrake.de

www.facebook.com/a.j.drake
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
#19 is secured. As well as the new download pack! A Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! The book cover is beautiful!
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
The actual book cover is much redder than the photo turned out, but it is quite lovely, isn't it?

BC
Phasmologist
spindoc
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of spindoc
#22 ordered.
gostone23
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of gostone23
I'm late coming to these and they look beautiful.

Quick Question: Is it "ok" to jump into Doppelganger anytime or should I say any book?

And, I'm not sure why, but to me it isn't entirely clear what effects are available when you only have 1 book? Is it a only book test with one volume? Is it just Ice age? or are there a bunch of routines/effects?

What about with 2 volumes?

I've read the full effect requires 3 or more books.

Thanks.

-robert
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Gostone please read this thread your question is addressed, its all here. Smile
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2014, gostone23 wrote:

Quick Question: Is it "ok" to jump into Doppelganger anytime or should I say any book?

And, I'm not sure why, but to me it isn't entirely clear what effects are available when you only have 1 book? Is it a only book test with one volume? Is it just Ice age? or are there a bunch of routines/effects?

Thanks.

-robert

One book is a good beginning--and you may begin with any book at all (that is how the system/effect is designed). One book is limiting, I do want to make that clear. There are, however, several routines given for a single book routine (and, as such, it has the same effect as my earlier offering, GH*ST, which was well received in the community).

In essence, with one book you are buying GH*ST with differing hits and a different book. GH*ST is a stand-alone effect with many approaches and performance opportunities as is a single volume (any single volume) of Doppelganger.

Two books allows more flexibility and a greater number of effects (really, new effects available).

Three books is the minimum required for the full Doppelganger effect, but (honestly) the more books you have the more flexible (and easier) the performance becomes. I know that sounds like sales talk, but owners of Doppelganger are reading this and would call me on that if it is wrong.

There are more titles planned, so you have the opportunity to build up your Doppelganger library to three or more even if you begin with the Dickens book. You may also choose just the Dickens book and do a full GH*ST-style show with it and never buy another Doppelganger.

Hope that is of some help.

BC
Phasmologist
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2014, gostone23 wrote:

Im also jumping in on this release (I missed Ghost and Ive been waiting for a release that called to me, this one most certainly does) I have every confidence in Prof. BC and know that I will be able to make full use of this single book and build onto the effect with the releases expected in the next couple of years. Come on in the cauldron is warm!

Thanks.

-robert
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
First page of thread, Dan's opening comments also sums it up nicely Smile

"You can make magic with any one title (a GH*ST-type show is possible), and you can do different effects and routines with any two titles (mix and match as you wish). What Professor BC calls 'the full Doppelganger effect' is only possible with three or more of the Doppelganger titles--and the more titles you have 'in play' the easier the performance becomes (more automatic, less memory work, etc.)"

You will not be sorry for buying this one or any other book in the set. Next to the Shakespeare edition, this one appears to be next nicest looking (IMO).
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
423 Posts

Profile of minty
Hi Robert. You can start with any single Doppelgänger volume. If you like Bizarre, and like the idea of using old books featuring stories that your specs may be familiar with, then I'd say you're probably going to enjoy Doppelgänger.

I believe there may be one or two of the Shakespeare Doppelgängers still available, as well as the new Christmas Carol release. Choose whichever one you feel suits your character and style the best. I believe that you'll get sent a link to download the latest Performance Manual shortly after making your purchase. Based on what you read in the manual, you should quickly be able to decide whether or not to jump on the other available volume at this time.

I think I'm right in saying that Prof BC has at least another four Doppelgänger titles planned, so even if you miss out on the Shakespeare volume and start with the Dickens, you should still be able to purchase three volumes over the next year or so, allowing you to perform the full Doppelgänger effect.

For me, the real strength of Doppelgänger is that you can have a number of different sitters, all with different yet familiar books (different sizes, bindings, fonts, subject matter etc.), all being brought together in one spooky experience.

I sincerely hope that we can persuade Prof BC to continue releasing further Doppelgängers for a number of years to come. (I think 9 titles have been spoken about so far, but I hope that can be increased to 12, or even more). Prof BC, are you able to confirm or deny your current plans for future titles here?
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Minty:
I am currently working on a very special Phantom of the Opera with the picture 'finale' element that those 'in the know' here will already know and appreciate. And, yes, those on the Dopps forum know there are two volumes already slated after that for next year . . . provided I can hold up through it all!

Thanks for asking,
BC

BTW, Minty, Dan forwarded me your note on volume number selection, all is well on that front. Thanks.
Phasmologist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Prof BC - Doppleganger - all you need to know and more.... (540 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..37~38~39 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL