The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Prof BC - Doppleganger - all you need to know and more.... (540 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..37~38~39 [Next]
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2015, MatCult wrote:
My complete Dopps collection is up for sale here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=76

Any questions, please ask.

Wow, there's a shocker. Joining the priesthood or something? Wishing you the best in whatever your new endeavor is.
Bob
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Some thrilling, chilling news about MORE GH*ST over on the Dopps Forum today.
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
gostone23
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of gostone23
Oooo... I missed the first GH*ST and have been waiting since the Prof. mentioned another volume in a previous post...

I hope he doesn't leave us hanging too long. Maybe it'll be an ECSS II release?
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
Great news.... Smile
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Since I had to "give up the GH*ST" (see what I did there? Hee hee!) that I owned a year or so ago, I've been eagerly awaiting this next one. And it looks to be a superior and more versatile version! I'm also intrigued about this antique material that the Prof mentioned it will be bound in..! The only thing (I realized over time) that I didn't like quite as much on the original was the yapped binding, since it made it the book harder to handle and flip through, but I believe that is absent on this edition.

This is very exciting, and I can't wait to see it!! I'm crestfallen that I will certainly not be able to afford the sculpture effect that ties into the "BC" story... but one can't have everything, I suppose.

Quote:
On May 29, 2012, PROF BC wrote:

Those who know the old Athens cemetery across from the University of Georgia will know the old concrete and brick 'bench' it contains, dated 1863. It has the perfect roughness for 'sanding' the covers and spines before the colouring begins.

Therefore, every copy of GH*ST begins its life in an abandoned graveyard.

Just curious--will MORE GH*ST be roughed up at the same location..?

Seth
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
I'd like to hear the official scoop on this and when it will be available for purchase. I also have been waiting to hear more about this release after I read a teaser that it was in the works. Thanks.
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
I believe BC is shooting for a Halloween release.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Winks is right--finger's crossed for Hallowe'en (or near it). Keep your eyes on the Lebanon site. I should have a full description to Dan before month's end.

Seth: you are letting cats out of bags! MORE GH*ST will certainly have that sort of roughing up--but with a twist. In the utter weirdness that is Prof BC, I brought back grave dirt from Eton, from the modest plot of the man himself. Every MG will be rubbed in the dust of M.R.J.'s last resting place. (I guess now is as good a time as any to reveal it.) Shake your head, go ahead, join my wife (poor, long-suffering lass).

phil_n: there are three Ph.o.t.O. Dopps remaining to be sold, and then they are gone forever. (This number does not count the Ph.o.t.O.'s I have set aside for raffles at ECSS and the two upcoming Doomsdays).

BC
Phasmologist
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Eton Grave Dirt! This is premium weirdness. Thank you. I'm grateful for your dedication to 'weird' and your wife's tolerance.
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
I read that too fast at first glance and thought it said Elton John dirt. That would be weird.
bud.scott
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of bud.scott
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2015, PROF BC wrote:
Winks is right--finger's crossed for Hallowe'en (or near it). Keep your eyes on the Lebanon site. I should have a full description to Dan before month's end.

Seth: you are letting cats out of bags! MORE GH*ST will certainly have that sort of roughing up--but with a twist. In the utter weirdness that is Prof BC, I brought back grave dirt from Eton, from the modest plot of the man himself. Every MG will be rubbed in the dust of M.R.J.'s last resting place. (I guess now is as good a time as any to reveal it.) Shake your head, go ahead, join my wife (poor, long-suffering lass).

phil_n: there are three Ph.o.t.O. Dopps remaining to be sold, and then they are gone forever. (This number does not count the Ph.o.t.O.'s I have set aside for raffles at ECSS and the two upcoming Doomsdays).

BC

Having just bought PhOTO it will be just my luck to win the raffle at ECSS II

Looking forward to more GH*STS from what I've been reading here and elsewhere it sounds like it will be a great addition.
Dabbler in the Esoteric
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI,VIII
Order of the Hexidic
North West Gathering of the Dark Magi II,III,IV,V
Sir
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Sir
If we,ve been collecting numbered editions of Dopps and Spectre will we have the chance to pre-order and reserve the same number for More Gh*st?
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2015, Sir wrote:
If we,ve been collecting numbered editions of Dopps and Spectre will we have the chance to pre-order and reserve the same number for More Gh*st?

Yes!
Phasmologist
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Update: one Ph.o.t.O. Dopps remains. When it has sold, that is the end of this offering. If anyone has been on the fence about it, this is your last chance to get the latest Doppelganger.

Best,
BC
Phasmologist
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00......p035mrt0

Currently a documentary on Jekyll and Hyde on the BBCiplayer.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Ph.o.t.O. is now sold out. Thank you for the inquiries, but they are all gone.

Sincerest thanks to all.

BC
Phasmologist
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
235 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Any news/updates on Alice release date??
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
A couple of weeks ago he wrote in another thread:

"Still have Alice to do--and the Realm of Faeries 'everything' book. I have a number of the Grimm's stories written (each one needs a completely new 'translation' in order to do all that it will do), but we are still some time from seeing it in covers, I fear.

As I have written elsewhere, this is going to be (is being) a very busy year for me in my other life, for 2016 marks the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death, the 400th of the all-important Jonson First Folio, and the year my Renaissance database is to launch (next month, in fact . . . which you can visit at cord.ung.edu). Therefore, it is a year of traveling the university circuit, chairing various seminars, and keynoting a conference or two whilst seeing a number of articles and a scholarly book through the press. Though magic beats strongly in one of my hearts, the other beats only for Renaissance studies, and, for this moment, it is there that I live.

I will humbly have to beg your most kindly intentioned patience with me whilst I take this brief time to observe and celebrate the anniversaries of my beloved, randy lads (and lassies) from the world of Renaissance theatre. I will be back as soon as ever I possibly can with new goodies, and that is a promise."
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
235 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
David, I hadn't seen this post. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I guess I'll just have to wait patiently with anticipation
Gregor Von G.
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Gregor Von G.
I received a copy of POTO purchased 2nd hand right now, can't wait to explore it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Prof BC - Doppleganger - all you need to know and more.... (540 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..37~38~39 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL