The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » You don't like this coin? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1003 Posts

Profile of Ado
How about that one? http://youtu.be/aV2_8wUh-w8

It's a quick routine I devised tonight, as part of my returning to coin magic. I guess the technical moves are ok (except the first "take"), but I really stink at producing concealed coins from the finger tips, and I should remove my hands from the pockets as soon as I drop the coins there, so that no one thinks I load myself there (which I don't).

Oh, and sorry for the bad frame. I am of course not loading coins from outside the camera frame.

Comments welcome.

P!
heybobby08
View Profile
New user
Charlotte, NC
54 Posts

Profile of heybobby08
That is a neat little routine. I enjoyed watching. How long have you been practicing?
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3161 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Looking good
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
Jiceh
View Profile
Special user
France
742 Posts

Profile of Jiceh
Good idea and good sleight of hand
Starting with the presentation (You don't like this coin?) and adding some patter can lead to a great routine.

May be a little more structure too...

But very good
Bravo!
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1003 Posts

Profile of Ado
Thanks a lot.

Heybobby08: I'had been practicing this routine for, well, one evening!. I already knew how to do most of the moves; I only learned a variation of one by watching Roth in a NY seminar DVD, and I had just been learning another move the day before (the one I use to produce the big coin). I hadn't done coin magic in pretty much a decade, but being no beginner either, the muscle memory comes back...

Jiceh: Yes, I need to write down a real patter, work a bit on the logic behind the gestures, and I'll craft a real routine out of it.

P!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » You don't like this coin? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL