The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Raymond Crowe's Zombie Jacket Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

alextsui
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
155 Posts

Profile of alextsui
I have seen many zombie routines but I think this is the first one I've seen done with a jacket and a great dance routine.
http://youtu.be/vEcwqguJVhI
The Best Magic Effects to Take Your Performance to the Next Level
https://FireBirdMagic.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Yes, I just saw this on Facebook. What a brilliant performance!! It wasn't just a trick... it made sense!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
883 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
I almost passed on watching this video. Anytime I see a "___________'s Got Talent" I pretty much want to skip it, usually because of what the show does to the act.

This is a rare exception, and for the first time ever the judges' comments made sense and didn't seem so scripted (ie. "I'm the 'mean' judge, so here's the part where I say disparaging things.") and I think they got it right. "Clever, funny and original". Most importantly it was entertaining. Genuinely entertaining, and that is missing in oh, so many acts these days. Bravo to Raymond Crowe!
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1366 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Top notch,thinking outside the box. That's what makes magic entertaining!
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Raymond Crowe did it again, FANTASTIC, ORIGINAL, CREATIVE, ENTERTAINING, JUST THE RIGHT TOUCH OF HUMOR, AND DRAMA AND MYSTERY. Left you wanting to see more. What more could anyone want from a live act. Very inspirational.
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
All that I can say to what Bill said is, "ditto!"

Absolutely brilliant!

Lou
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
That's how it should be .. amazing, oreginal , entertaining , funny , ... ops and packs small .
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Raymond Crowe has been keeping his acts secret, I wonder what else he has hidden that he will pull out of his magical hat for next time.
alextsui
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
155 Posts

Profile of alextsui
Raymond's act is not just artistically beautiful but he has also geniusly solved all the problems traditionally associated with the zombie effect, which are operating the gimmick without suspicion, and covering the bad angles.

Assuming that the spectator invited on stage is not a stooge, he makes use of a borrowed jacket and a coathanger. Both are ordinary-looking items rather than magic props, therefore would cause little suspicion. Putting the jacket on the coathanger is also something that all of us do everyday without a thought. Using the sleeves covered all the bad angles and he could virtually perform this surrounded.

Most other zombie routines are merely just an object floating behind a piece of cloth. Here Raymond has seemingly imparted life into a jacket which became his dance partner. The feathers looked like a head of hair on top of the jacket and the jacket with its arms helped create the illusion of a moving person.

Bill, I think that Raymond's acts are seldom seen only because he performs mainly corporate shows and hasn't really taken part in competitions. If I'm not mistaken, this is his first time joining a talent show.

Hope to see more of him. He is really creative and inspiring.
The Best Magic Effects to Take Your Performance to the Next Level
https://FireBirdMagic.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I really think the feather boa is to make the jacket more feminine to be his dance partner. Watching the routine reminded me more of Losander's Floating Table routine then zombie. I bet there is some Tommy Wonder work in it as well.

I don't understand the names of the shows, so it is hard to tell if there will be more of Raymond Crowe. They seem to call every show some kind of Final, and this was a Grand Final, so is there a Super Grand Final or what.

He hooked the audience as soon as the coat sleeve slapped him. Pure Genius!
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Simply pure magic ! There's nothing left to say except : Thank you Raymond Crowe !

Bill, if I'm right, this would have been his last performance on Autralia's got talent. Basicly if you make it to the finale you present three acts : the audition, the semi-finals and the grand finale.

Oliver.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1622 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I don't say this aout too many things I see on YouTube...Excellent!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Much more than a zombie!
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
325 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Bravo Bravo!!!....Very entertaining!!!....
inhumaninferno
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of inhumaninferno
Absolutely fantastic and entertaining! Loved every moment of it. Bravo...indeed!
r1ch1e
View Profile
New user
New Zealand
9 Posts

Profile of r1ch1e
Hi all, sorry to dredge up an old topic, but I went to Raymond Crowe's performance in Dunedin NZ earlier this week and it was once of the best shows I have ever seen. He performed with The Illusionists 2.0 last year in Auckland but I missed out on travelling to it. Raymond performed the act mentioned above and the audience was in AWE! I even got a post-show photo with him for the local radio show. In short, amazing, and a lovely, professional performer to boot!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Raymond Crowe's Zombie Jacket Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL