We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Blank Gun Alternative (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicGib
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of MagicGib
HI all has anyone use an alternative to a Blanks Gun on Jumbo sidekick ?
I am finding it harder to use a blanks gun in theatres would anyone have a suggestion ?

thanks
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Sadly I put mine away years ago. In this day and age it's a bit difficult to justify using a hand gun on stage. It was a very cool trick ... and I always got a kick out of performing it.

Other performers have used "Bang Wands" or simply a magic wand but, it just doesn't have the same effect. There is a remote control available if your prop is the "sound-activated" model.

Steve
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
I have seen a gentleman use a bull whip and do it blindfolded. looked very good. they choose the ballon, and he did the dirty work of popping the balloon for them,lots of comedy by play,,,, but they made the choices, so same sight gags up to the moment of actually doing the popping.
Premier Magic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Premier Magic
You can get gun sounds on your cell phone ( Iphnoe or android ) that activate with the gyro that can be pretty loud however Im not sure how loud it needs to be, just throwing it out there.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Go steampunk and use Tesla's death ray gun. Back it up with cartoon sound effects.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I only use my blank gun with it. It works best!
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2576 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
If it suited your performing character and style you could mime it, using your tiger and thumb, to a sound track/effect.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Nick Birch
View Profile
Regular user
Sheffield, UK
187 Posts

Profile of Nick Birch
I just can't imagine this peice of comedy gold being performed without a blank gun - especially for an adult audience. I've tried it with a 'bang'gun for kids shows and simulated the bang with a handclap or used the r****e but it just seems to miss the point. Blank firing .38 every time - if you can find one that's not orange!

Nick
www.dark-artifacts.com

Purveyors of the finest handcrafted hauntiques. The Uninvited, Deathwatch, The Gift, Whiteface, Satan's Circus
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3211 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
If you have a reliable assistant and a backstage area that can't be seen by the audience, you can have fun with this one that Spellbinder and I used to use to good effect. At the time I was the performer and he was my extremely reliable assistant. I would snap my fingers to make something happen magically and at the same instant, he would fire the blank gun backstage, directly behind the curtain that I was in front of (he could see through the material without being seen). I would jump and act surprised, and then out of curiosity would snap my fingers again with the same loud response from the blank gun. Thereafter, whenever I made a magic gesture, it was accentuated with the blank gun sound except for a comedy moment when I wanted the magic to fizzle out and he accompanied my motion with a slide whistle instead of the bang gun. It would still work today and no one would see the gun, so they would have no proof of its existence. You could probably get the same effect with a percussion instrument made to sound like a whip cracking, but again, it depends on having a reliable assistant backing you up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Blank Gun Alternative (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL