The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Extractor E2 By Rob Bromley And Peter Nardi (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4638 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Mine is as you know Peter,signed card to sealed bottle of Budweiser,it slay's the spectator and anyone looking on.
deanbarlow
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of deanbarlow
Just got this beauty piece of magic equipment - what are you guys using yours for in terms of routines?
Just wondered what people making use of this great gimmick for?
Thanks in advance.
Dean
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10240 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2015, deanbarlow wrote:
Just got this beauty piece of magic equipment - what are you guys using yours for in terms of routines?
Thanks in advance.
Dean

Have you thought of reading the previous 5 pages??
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10240 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2013, videoman wrote:
Hey guys, don't overlook the great pickpocket routine using the Extractor that Peter describes on the DVD.
I think because it is not a card to impossible location effect, folks tend to ignore it, but don't make the mistake of underestimating it.

Plus, the problem with the routine on the DVD is that it utilizes a force deck and extra seals for the card box. All that is totally unnecessary and just complicates things. I do a simplified version that's just as strong.
The nice thing is that it is super easy to do and requires no palming and no jacket. You can do it in shorts and a tank top (but maybe not this time of year). All you need is to be able to comfortably fit 2 decks into one of your pockets.
Just keep the Extractor in the same pocket as a regular deck. I prefer my left front jeans pocket.

You tell them you're going to do a really different type of card trick. Have a card selected and signed. Then a super easy, no heat switch while you briefly turn away as they sign their card.
They replace it in Extractor. You patter about how pickpockets have actually become so advanced and skillful that nowadays they can actually take the cash or credit cards from a victim's wallet without even having to remove the wallet itself. So it can be hours or days before someone even discovers they've been robbed. You say you're going to do something similar using the deck of cards, yada, yada, yada. But it's an intriguing storyline that I find most people become very interested in. Especially anyone who has visited Europe recently.
So you quickly reach into your pocket and pull their signed card out of the middle of the box while it's in your pocket. Set it face down momentarily and don't reveal it yet.
Remove the deck from your pocket and hand it to them and ask them to find their card. They can't of course because you turn over the face down card and it is their signed card.

I started doing this when I first got Extractor on what I thought would just be a temporary basis because it required essentially no practice and no jacket (which I rarely wear) while I perfected a more difficult card to pocket or shoe routine. But I surprisingly discovered that it went over so well that I have kept performing it quite a lot. You get credit for great skill and folks find it much more amazing than you would think. Another plus is that the plot is kind of different than the usual fare of finding their card in a weird location or reversed in the deck or something, a lot of people have seen that stuff on TV. So just because it isn't a card to pocket or impossible location don't discount it before trying it. Especially for those occasions when you aren't wearing a jacket or sport coat. Another nice thing it that it is so easy and looks so fair that you are free to completely concentrate on your presentation.

So give it a try, it's super easy and always ready to go if you carry your Extractor along with a regular deck as I always do. Not needing a coat or jacket is a huge plus for me.

I perform this but with 2 signed cards which fit easily into the gimmick.
deanbarlow
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of deanbarlow
Thanks for the flippant reply Pegasus - yes I have read the previous pages which where dated some time ago and just wondered what people have done since then.
Dean
Houdiniemals
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Houdiniemals
Where would you suggest to order in Europe? Thanks!
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1801 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I you have indeed read the previous pages, you should have stated so originally.

While the reply Pegasus gave you might have been flippant, the overwhelming majority of posters that post what you did have not, in fact, read the previous posts. Café veterans have seen posts like yours far too many times to give anyone the benefit of the doubt. You are the exception to rule.

Quote:
On Mar 27, 2015, deanbarlow wrote:
Thanks for the flippant reply Pegasus - yes I have read the previous pages which where dated some time ago and just wondered what people have done since then.
Dean
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
deanbarlow
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of deanbarlow
Wow I thought this was a friendly forum? Scared to post anything now!
CSArscott
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of CSArscott
Houdiniemals

Http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-The-Ex......ley.html
Free worldwide shiping according to the site
Chris
CSArscott
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of CSArscott
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2015, deanbarlow wrote:
Thanks in advance.
Dean

Have you thought of reading the previous 5 pages??

The last post was Sep 2014, I would also be interested in any recent ideas that people have created
Chris
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10240 Posts

Profile of pegasus
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1069 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Let's not get this out of control guys. Dean was just posting a question. Yes, there are tons of posts about Extractor and E2.
But if we all stopped talking about an effect, a method, a routine, thumb tips, etc. Then the Café
would be boring and die....

And it also brings the topic back to the top. Nothing wrong with that, for me at least.

I respect everyone's opinion and yes, sometimes people ask questions that have been covered.

Anyways....let's please agree to disagree and move on.

I have thought about getting the E2 so I can use other decks.

I haven't used my original extractor in a few years but seeing this made me want to get it back out.

I know the DVD has a ton of ideas! I loved watching it and will watch it again this weekend.

I am thinking of using a blank deck. Have the spectator pick any card. Play that up being they're all blank. Have them draw a picture on theirs. Replace it back into the "deck".
Then I remember that my grandmother was an art collector. Bring out my "Art Theft Deluxe" I just acquired...

Their drawing somehow ends up in that portfolio. ...

Just a quick brain storm idea. Needs some serious fine tuning.
Maybe even use Mona Lisa's Secret....
Might be too much going on
Houdiniemals
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Houdiniemals
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2015, CSArscott wrote:
Houdiniemals

Http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-The-Ex......ley.html
Free worldwide shiping according to the site

Thank you very much!
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4638 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I use my Extractor decks all the time ,if I want to swith a deck and get the speck's card to a crazy location ,like card to sealed bottle of beer,card into a solid block of ice,card on inside of a window,card into a packet of cig's,the world is your oyster as they say,i have a blue and red extractor,my red is getting a little tatty now,so I will proberly buy another,yes the box can be changed but I will only make a hash of it so I will just buy another as my DIY really does mean DESTROY IT YOUR SELF,and the cost is not that much to replace.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10240 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2015, mikenewman wrote:
Let's not get this out of control guys. Dean was just posting a question. Yes, there are tons of posts about Extractor and E2.
But if we all stopped talking about an effect, a method, a routine, thumb tips, etc. Then the Café
would be boring and die....

And it also brings the topic back to the top. Nothing wrong with that, for me at least.

I respect everyone's opinion and yes, sometimes people ask questions that have been covered.

Anyways....let's please agree to disagree and move on.

I have thought about getting the E2 so I can use other decks.

I haven't used my original extractor in a few years but seeing this made me want to get it back out.

I know the DVD has a ton of ideas! I loved watching it and will watch it again this weekend.

I am thinking of using a blank deck. Have the spectator pick any card. Play that up being they're all blank. Have them draw a picture on theirs. Replace it back into the "deck".
Then I remember that my grandmother was an art collector. Bring out my "Art Theft Deluxe" I just acquired...

Their drawing somehow ends up in that portfolio. ...

Just a quick brain storm idea. Needs some serious fine tuning.
Maybe even use Mona Lisa's Secret....
Might be too much going on

I know from experience that if an old effect is bumped in this forum it is mostly ignored. Remember this is the latest and greatest, not the opposite. The 'tricks and effects' sub forum is best for this type of question rather than bumping old threads here. I chose to help rather than ignore. I hope this makes sense.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4638 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Pegasus ,you have a PM.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1069 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Pegasus,
You are correct. I agree and apologize. Makes complete sense. I was "cruising" around and saw this, and wasn't paying attention to detail (section we are in).
Either way, I'm excited about it again.
Thank you and have a great week.
deanbarlow
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of deanbarlow
Hi guys, thanks for the comments and the ideas which you are sharing they are great.
Dean
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10240 Posts

Profile of pegasus
You're welcome, Mike. Thank you.
peet
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of peet
Hi,
I Just bought E2 and it´s quite amazing, but:
Whenever I get the card out of the gimmick, there is a sound of the card. I don't know how to explain it and not to reveal to much:D
Anyone know what I mean and know how to "fix" it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Extractor E2 By Rob Bromley And Peter Nardi (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL