The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Extractor E2 By Rob Bromley And Peter Nardi (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10725 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I didn't say your idea wasn't good my friend - this is a place for discussions.

Discussions mean that everyone may not agree with everyone else - all good.

Yuu haven't hijacked anything - thanks for sharing.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On 2013-12-06 20:54, magic in mind wrote:
I was replying above to a post that has now been edited.It said that I would have to write the word twice(For each direction card was oriented in pack) to know where the start or begging of word was.As I say it has been edited since I started to reply.So as the time has passed to edit my above post part if it now seems irrelevant

Yes. But I'm not sure about your point re this product? It can be used to facilitate all sorts of stuff.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10725 Posts

Profile of saysold1
My point was that the best thing extractor does is an incredible steal. The p*ek is a sideshow. Good for sure but not the main event.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I was talking with somebody else.

By the way, remember that one can do a card in sealed (yes sealed) deck with this.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guy’s,

The real beauty of a utility like the Extractor, is that it can be used for many different effects. I personally think the peek idea is great and some people will absolutely love it. As with all effects/gimmicks, the creative minds will find their own uses and presentations.
My wish is that no matter what routine you decide on, you really enjoy using your Extractor.

Peter
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Thank you again mr Nardi and saysold I Wasn't referring to your post. I Was replying to another that was edited as I say.I have big respect for you saysold.I have read your many posts and ideas.bye the way I'm sure on the two dvds supplied a card in a sealed deck is shown tomsk
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
No, really it is.

On the 2nd DVD, at the end, is a signed card in sealed deck. Jayzus.

It's there..... Bloody hell. Don't thank me all at once.

(you people would probably prefer for there to be no such effect. unfortunately, it's there...)
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
I know it is tomsk I mis read your post and bye the time, I had chance to correct I couldn't.What you get for the money in my opinion is well worth the 50 quid not sixty as someone said above.Brilliant hand crafted gimmick and 2 dvds.Of which as tomsk has said.Does a nice card to sealed deck.So you can create the effect (with a little imagination) of Mr Farquar on penn and tellers fool us.The only three things I have bought magic wise this year are stc,v deck and e2.I don't put my hand in pocket too often being brought up jewish but avay. I had to have these.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Yes!
2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of 2012multimagic
Okay.. I really didn’t get the hype about the 1st , 2nd or this BRAND NEW ( :S ) version either... this is purely a device to try and fool other magicks.

The specs won’t care , nor know the difference if your just controlling the card , and palming off ..or using the “E2”...

Actually (IMO) its more suspect actually putting the deck away in your pocket than just palming the card of :O.. !!..

This is just my opinion... I certainly won’t be getting this.

Mw Smile
hey guys !!!... looking forward to joining this community.. some WILL hate me.. some MAY love me ... enjoy !!!...

www.youtube.com/2012multimagic
www.twitter.com/2014multumagic
www.instagram.com/illusions2015
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3896 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Whilst nobody needs an extractor it is a fine utility and spectators do notice the difference. I have done signed card to pocket and other impossible locations with and without the extractor and when they push the card fairly and cleanly into the centre of the boxed deck themselves they are absolutely certain that card is going nowhere. The reactions I get with the exact same effect are far better when the extractor is used. If I still did magic this would be top of my Christmas list. Sure I can do everything without it but nowhere near as cleanly or as fairly or as "impossibly" as I can with the extractor.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harpacrown Too is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=harpacrown-too
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
778 Posts

Profile of dduane
If I could afford the Extractor, I would buy it. It sounds like a versatile utility. It's hard to tell what will impress a spec more when doing similar effects until you test them out. I'm often surprised at what "works". FYI - I can peek, extract, and do a card to impossible location all using a borrowed shuffled deck, so I'm not sure E2 would get bigger reactions.

Dennis
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3896 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I've been extracting cards from decks for 35 years and producing them from wallets, pockets, shoes and countless other locations but no matter how clean your steal is spectators are aware of sleight of hand. When they put their signed card in the centre of the boxed deck themselves and the box is immediately closed and put away they are absolutely convinced that you can't touch that card. The main side steal I use is one of Ascanios and it is a thing of beauty and incredibly clean but nowhere near as clean as the spectator putting the card in the box themselves. Try signed card to pocket with and without the extractor and you will see the difference.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harpacrown Too is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=harpacrown-too
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
778 Posts

Profile of dduane
I don't doubt that. You can't have enough subtle convincers. I have the spectator put their card into the deck and then put the deck into the box themselves as well. I steal the card out of the box as I hand it to the spectator to hold. Again, I would buy the extractor, but it's out of my budget right now -- maybe after I recover from Christmas (lol). My idea is an original adaptation of an old idea. I don't mind sharing - if you are interested, PM me.
Khuluma
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Khuluma
I took a while deciding whether I should buy this. Another thing to carry around as a full-time worker.
I went for it, and used it the other day mixing and mingling for an entire day- tough gig!
However, the extractor was terrific! There is an enormous amount of routines you can use the E2 with on the dvd's,
and I have tried a few. Mentalism routine works well, but think what got the best reaction was card to shoe- thanks Peter, great routine!
When I saw what the poor blighters had to do to change decks with the original extractors, it must have been a nightmare with those who are
somewhat useless at handicraft. This update is sooooo easy to change boxes and truly a lovely gimmick.
Highly recommended.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On 2013-12-08 10:38, 2012multimagic wrote:
Okay.. I really didn’t get the hype about the 1st , 2nd or this BRAND NEW ( :S ) version either... this is purely a device to try and fool other magicks.

The specs won’t care , nor know the difference if your just controlling the card , and palming off ..or using the “E2”...

Actually (IMO) its more suspect actually putting the deck away in your pocket than just palming the card of :O.. !!..

Mw Smile

And yet twisted queens is a great trick in your opinion, as is Change, as is OCD deck? Okay, mate.
2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of 2012multimagic
Quote:
On 2013-12-11 14:16, tomsk192 wrote:
Quote:

Mw Smile

And yet twisted queens is a great trick in your opinion, as is Change, as is OCD deck? Okay, mate.

oh fml...ur now stalking me :S
hey guys !!!... looking forward to joining this community.. some WILL hate me.. some MAY love me ... enjoy !!!...

www.youtube.com/2012multimagic
www.twitter.com/2014multumagic
www.instagram.com/illusions2015
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Got my blank cards printed,may do a re run not to happy about a few.But ill tell you my idea posted above has had many a jop draw moments.Im very happy with the extractor.If its good enough for David Blaine its good enough for me .
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
It works very well indeed. An item for the imaginative.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10725 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:

Mw Smile

Well I disagree.

Your a teeny bit late for hype as this has been at the top of many a buy list for a LONG time - as the many pages on the Café attest.

Extractor is an amazingy well thought out, incredibly well engineered device - and the included DVD with Marc and Peter is superb.

Control cards until you have carpal tunnel... but you will have to pry my Extractor from my hands (I have two of them).

This new one I am certain must be top drawer.

Anyway, controlling cards and putting the card into the middle of a closed deck is like night and day.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Extractor E2 By Rob Bromley And Peter Nardi (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL