The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Messado Linking Rings (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I'm going to get a replacement, I thought about getting a full refund but the routine is so darn good.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Quote:
On 2013-12-24 19:49, Blindside785 wrote:
Me linked rings are broken, well that's not good. Hoping this gets taken care of.

Mine are as well. One of my rings has centimeter wide opening in the ring. Smile

I got this as a Christmas gift from my sister. I was afraid she would open the package before she gave it to me. Thankfully, she did not. I was going to tell her they must have shipped a defective ring and ask her if she had the shipping details so I could send it back for a return.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Grasshop34
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincinnati, OH
308 Posts

Profile of Grasshop34
My linked rings are broken too. The quality of the rings are lacking some, but the routine is awesome.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
The routine is awesome! some really good moves. I think that linking rings is one of those magic routines that can be more about the entertainment than the magic. Yes, many people know how linking rings are done. However, linking rings performed well are always entertaining for all.

One more thing: I don't know how I'll get one for the Messado rings, but I like to have an extra regular ring. A linking ring routine can be followed up with a ring and string routine, and during the second routine, have one or two participants handling two regular rings during the performance. The participants get to examine the rings without making a big deal of the examination.

KJ
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Even though my set is defective I have been practicing and I cannot say enough how much I love the spectator routine. I don't mind buying another ring set cause the routine is so worth it.

Luckily I sent E support a message with my info and a photo of the set and they are sending me a new set with a return label to send back the defective set.

What makes this so awesome is that it is a great enough routine to be one entire set piece to show an audience.

Right now I'm in the midst of learning fiber optics and Messado rings, visual and quality magic for an audience I'd say.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On 2013-12-20 11:21, 2012multimagic wrote:
Forgive me if I’m wrong...but haven’t you been able to get this “exclusive” set of “gaff” rings for years now ???. 1 norm .. 1 Key.. 2 perantly linked????.... not sure I understand the hype yet ?

It's not just about the rings. However, these rings do have a different look and feel than any other rings I own. I have many sets of rings, from standard sets, small sets, hearts, barb wire, etc.

However, more than the rings, it's about the moves. He has some moves that I have never seen before.

KJ
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I took a set of rings from a Fantasma magic set a family member from my girlfriend's family gave me for Christmas,and blew some minds with the Messado routine.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Yes, Blindside785, What a nice routine. And, as far as linking rings go, this is really a worker. Awesome effects that messado has figured out the best, easiest way to do. It is apparent that he has spent some serious time working this effect.
KJ
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Will not be purchasing ellusionist Messado rings again, my replacement set broke in a practice. If I find a different ring set I'll go for it but I'm just kind of angered with this inferior product.
Doctor D
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Quote:
On 2014-01-05 09:35, Blindside785 wrote:
Will not be purchasing ellusionist Messado rings again, my replacement set broke in a practice. If I find a different ring set I'll go for it but I'm just kind of angered with this inferior product.

Wow, sorry to hear E's quality control apparently isn't up to scratch.

It's a shame Shoot's own ring set isn't widely available anymore. He's collaborated on one with Fantasme, but I don't know whether that key ring features the same 'adjustments'.
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
I am going to have a metal worker look at my messado rings and chamfer the key ring edges like the ninja rings. I have the gold ninja rings to show him what to do. Should be a killer set once the key ring is modified because the rings do get caught and hang up from time to time. The ninja rings are so smooth in that aspect but they lack the weight for some of the flashier stuff and no to mention that black ninja rings just look so sexy.

I cant believe that Ellusionist sent you 2 bad sets of rings. I'd chalk that up to really bad luck. My rings have been dropped and beaten to death by my with not a nick or scratch on them.
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I wish the Ninja Rings were widely available, they would sell really well.
Yeah I never even dropped my sets and the linked rinks unattached.

I contacted customer servicea nd sent them a photo. I was hoping to add this to my sets, darn. For now I'm going to be learning and practicing Fiber Optics instead til I get a replacement set, if I do, I won't be buying these rings, that's for sure.
ally_tac
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of ally_tac
Quote:
On 2014-01-05 09:35, Blindside785 wrote:

I'm curious how did metal ring break.
Thanks for your post, I will choose ninja ring instead of E's Messado ring.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
In practice. Both on day one.
Probably during the jump link.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Let me rephrase.

I got my original set, broke day 1 in practice practicing the jump link. I kept my eye close on the welding cause I saw a review about this happening, and surely it broke. I then emailed support, sent a photo, they sent me a replacement with a return label to send back the first set. Day 1 with the new set , yet again it broke on a jump link. I sent both back with the return label. They said they'll see what the next steps are when they get it back. I love the routine; the props , I'm not sure , they said I had a stroke of bad luck.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I have never done any form of rings before, but the DVD and all it offers sounds like a good start and I like the idea of smaller rings.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Just ordered a set of Messado Rings & DVD tonight. Then I read Blindside's struggles with broken rings! Sure hope I get a decent set. I've never used the linking rings before, but this set got me interested. If nothing else it'll be fun to try them out and see how well I can perform with them.

Jim
Tricster6
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Tricster6
Got this the other day and messado has definitely set the standards on ring work his teaching is some of the best I have seen to date. I haven't had any problems with the rings other than scratches and paint nicks but nothing major. Would like to know if there may be some touch up paint available love the black look and the weight of the rings. Is there another alternative ring set out there that compares
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
I am also new to Rings.

Messado's routine certainly took The Rings from boring to interesting for me.

My set of rings are absolutely fine. No problems at all after 3 weeks of ownership, although I have not put in a lot of practice time due to an arm injury.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
I love Mr. Messados performance style... Ive watched the demo about 3 times already!

Really looking forward to picking these up someday.. I never imagined linking rings to be a part of my routine, but they look fairly small and easy to carry around.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Messado Linking Rings (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL