The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Messado Linking Rings (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
Just pulled the trigger and ordered my dvd Messado Ring set. Anticipation is killing me.
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
I just clicked on the link and it looked like the countdown timer had reset to 10 days (actually 9 days 55 minutes).

While writing up a post saying it looks like it's been delayed, I decided to check the link again, and it took me to the order page.

I don't know if it was just coincidental timing, and it's after hours so no one is there to answer questions or take orders.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Different people have asked about being able to purchase just the rings, or just the DVD. Apparently they were listening, because you can purchase whichever parts you want.

79.90 for the DVD and a set of black rings

39.95 for the DVD

44.95 for a set of black rings
Xaerius
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Xaerius
I, too, had my countdown timer reset to 10 days. I later realized that it was just firefox playing tricks on me. For anyone who has that problem, just clear your temporary internet files and reload the page and the order page should show. Smile

Nigel
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2013-11-19 23:28, barts185 wrote:
Different people have asked about being able to purchase just the rings, or just the DVD. Apparently they were listening, because you can purchase whichever parts you want.

79.90 for the DVD and a set of black rings

39.95 for the DVD

44.95 for a set of black rings

Thanks for that info.
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
Got my rings and DVD set. Rings are good quality. Nice weight and color. Very easy to work with. The teaching on the DVD is very good. Nice and slow and very repetitive. Excellent for someone like me who's never worked with linking rings before.
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
Jim Stan Magic Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago Area
241 Posts

Profile of Jim Stan Magic Man
I bought mine from Mr Messado at Magic Live. His skill is very impressive. I look forward to learning the full routine. I like the case idea great for transporting.

I already had a set of Ninja Rings and DVD which I gave to my son. Maybe we should do a dueling ring routine to dueling banjos.

Jim
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Got mine last week and so glad I did.

I was never interested in rings. Thought it was kind of old school, parlor, etc (no offense to anyone, just not my thing) but when I saw the demo and teasers, it got my attention. And got me wanting to learn the bad a** moves Mr Messado was doing.

The rings themselves are super cool. Black with an elegant black leather case. So props are definitely top notch and they are a nice deviation from the typical silver looking rings....which helps them stand out more from the traditional.

Yes, they will scratch and nick a bit but that's what gives them character in my opinion (your banging on these things, after all).

The DVD is also top notch. I first have to compliment the music through out..like the instructions on the DVD, and Mr. Messado himself, it is smooth! I can't get it out of my head...in a good way!

And yeah, the instruction is great. Like Jcontatine said, it's slow and repetitive and again, Messado himself is just plain smooth and cool so it makes it very engaging to watch and learn.

Of course, this type of thing takes practice, practice, practice, but the routine itself, and moves involved are not too hard to learn. To make it look smooth and magical like Messado does is where the three Ps will come in. But practicing this routine is pretty fun to do so all good. And when I hit a move right, I kind of smile and feel a bit like a bad a** myself (though I still have a long way to go)!

Anyway, compliments to Mr Messado and ellusionist on putting out a really well produced package, great instruction, and modernized, up to date routine that brings the spectators into the equation as well.

Watch closely..as Mr Messado has set the new standard!
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Kewl black rings. So much better than those silver ones, even when they're chipped and knackered. Kewl new trick.
littlethumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, Texas
187 Posts

Profile of littlethumbtip
For those interested, I'm selling a brand new Messado DVD only (no rings) on the DVD sale section of the Café!
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
I am also selling my DVD with the original ninja ring DVD with shoot ogawa as well.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=77&0
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Are the Messado Rings the same diameter as the Ninja Rings?
Sorry if this was already mentioned.
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
I don't own the ninja rigs but they to be very close. The diameter looks the same but Messados are a litte bit of a thicker gauge. I can attest that both routines can e done with Messados rings as I have practiced both.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
The ninja rings I got at a Shoot Ogawa lecture are 4 1/2" diameter, seamless with no weld joints at all, and slight beveled edges to the key ring. I'm just wondering how these Messado rings compare before I shell out for another set. Thanks!
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Haven't seen the Messado but have two sets of Ninjas. Scott, if you are interested in the Messado routine, I suggest you buy the DVD and see where you go from there.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
The Messado rings are slightly smaller than the Ninja Rings. They are seamless and the key ring edges are not beveled, but that is not an issue one way or the other.
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
I've played with the messado rings for a week now. I have never done linking rings before and I don't own the ninja rings. However I did pick up the ninja rings dvd and you can do all the moves on the messado dvd and the shoot ogawa with messados rings. I also assume you can use the ninja rings for the massado routine also. I've been melding the two routines together using a lot of shoots chain displays and messados one handed link and unlinks. Makes for some pretty visual magic.
Gaz_Japan
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of Gaz_Japan
Full performance video of these on the E site

http://www.ellusionist.com/messado-linking-rings-magic.html
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Quote:
On 2013-12-03 16:24, Gaz_Japan wrote:
Full performance video of these on the E site

http://www.ellusionist.com/messado-linking-rings-magic.html

This is not a full performance video. It is excerpts from the routine, though the snippets do look very clever. I also notice that he uses two different sets of rings, one black and one silver.
Gaz_Japan
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of Gaz_Japan
You have to scroll down the page a bit to get to it.It says full routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Messado Linking Rings (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL