The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » HAPPY AMP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Westfall
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
252 Posts

Profile of Chris Westfall
Does aNYONE USE AND HOW ARE THEY?
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Chris,
They're very convenient and easy to set up, but the quality is what prevents most people from buying them. The sound quality is not so good compared to many other sound systems out there. Still, for $100, it's not a bad deal, especially as a backup.

The sound quality was what always bothered me. That plus it uses an inferior method of wireless which means you can get lots of interference, other signals, etc. If you're just using it for the occasional birthday party, I'm sure it will do fine.

I still have mine and use it occasionally. It's a great backup, great for small groups (when it works), but depending on the crowd size you're looking to do, you might want to explore other options.

Check out the Mackie SMR 150. It's a great little speaker with much better sound quality.

Of course, all of this depends on your needs. What are you looking for exactly?

Hope that helps,
Kevin
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
There are quite a few reviews/comments concerning the Happie Amp.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=11
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I have found that there are a lot of similar PA systems. I use a Pyle PWMA200 and have for 2 years. Its great! I comes with a wirless headset/lavalier and a wired handheld, plus an input for an audio source. They're only about $80
-Matt
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
I am using a Fender Pro 300 watt system with a cordless mike. Fantastic sound.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
PURE JUNK,

There are many people that like this unit and have purchased it. But spend a little more money and you will get something good. I have tried the Happy AMP and HAPPILY Returned it for my money back as it was one of the worst sound systems on the market. The Cheap little NADY System for
$ 120.00 sounds better than the Happie AMP.

Rod
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Also have a look at the Samson Expiditon Express. Battery powered up to 8 hours (+/-). Bluetooth compatible. Paired up with Show Cues and a battery powered mic, it's a nice small system with a great rich sound. They run 200$. http://www.samsontech.com/samson/product......express/

Here's a link to a picture of the set up I came up with. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=......&theater

John
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
924 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
The Happie Amp is not the best sound but it is a great deal for the money. I am not an Audiophile though. It serves it's purpose. It amplifies music and your voice. Yes we should always strive to create the best quality show. I think that should start with your showman ship, presentation, then your magic, maybe a few other things, then worry about your sound system. Let's be honest, most people are used to listening to factory car stereo speakers that 99% of the time are no better than the Happie Amp. 99% of them can't tell the difference anyway.

I say, try it. You have 30 days with it. If you are not happy with it and it doesn't work for you, send it back and get your money back. No hassle. It's a decent product with great customer service!

In fact with Brian's new rent to own program you can test the Happie Amp for like $30 and if you don't like it, send it back and get your $30 back. If you want to keep it, just pay it off in 3 months and there is no extra charge.
Pasquale
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Pasquale
Ah, another commercial....the happie amp is cetainly NOT a good deal for the money - you can get the exact same system (without the happie amp name..similar units from hisonics, gtd audio, sky audio systems, etc) for less than half the price. Again, this is not a quality system, but if you're going to get one, do a little homework and some google searches, you'll either find the same thing on ebay/amazon for a lot cheaper or (hopefully)you'll find a much better system that will make you sound (and look..) like a pro..
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
No, don't try it, I believe that people can tell the difference between a bad sound system and a good one.

Every aspect of your show reflects on you, including your sound. Why risk it?

You've got some great suggestions of other sound systems to try out, why not try one of them?
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
924 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
I will add this independent review on Amazon.com. This review also has a video in which the reviewer uses his Fender Passport P-10W with an upgraded speaker to amplify the sound and then uses the Happie Amp. He doesn't tell which one he is using first. A quick search shows the Fender P-10W costs between $359.00 on eBay to $599 on Amazon.

If you want to just watch the video click here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » HAPPY AMP (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL