The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » KING_RISING?_IS_THIS_NEW/GOOD/SEEN_IT? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
E-Leoni
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
358 Posts

Profile of E-Leoni
Have any of you seen this , "King Rising' a levitation, not Balducci, Zero Gravity, or any other. Does anybody have this, and what do you think of it.

I hope I posted this in the right forum.
I consider it a pk effect of sort.

E-Leoni.
A l a i n B e ll o n
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of A l a i n B e ll o n
Do you have any references so we can take a look at it? An online video perhaps?

-Alain Bellon
jecar
View Profile
Veteran user
358 Posts

Profile of jecar
E-Leoni
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
358 Posts

Profile of E-Leoni
ONly $17 ,..
Thanks Jecar.

E-Leoni.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4566 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Apparently, it works on the same principle as PENomenon.

:evilgrin:
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
E-Leoni
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
358 Posts

Profile of E-Leoni
What principle is that...? Smile

E-Leoni.
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
ha ha, yeah I bet it does! I tell you what though, after watching the video and reading the description I'm buying it right now. I'll let you know what I think!

Jonathan Grant
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
I watched the video and I was kind of disappointed as it does require you wear the right kind of show, the right kind of pants (baggy), and a jacket. I hope someone else gets it so I can work with someone to try and get rid of the jacket.

It is what it says it is, though. No gimmicks.

Jonathan Grant
Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
Lol...and i'm sure that copperfield's death saw works on the same principle as hoodwink.

Smile
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
It does. Anyway...I've found a way to do it without the jacket and it seems pretty impressive. Ya have to watch those angles though!!!

Jonathan GRant
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4566 Posts

I still prefer the good old-fashioned Balducci for simplicity and effectiveness.
That Creepy Magician
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
I've NEVER gotten the balducci to look good. It always looks fake and no matter what angle I try it always looks like poop.

Jonathan Grant
A l a i n B e ll o n
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

The Balducci has been more badly exposed than anything else I can think of. If you perform it and anyone knows about it you have just diminished your believability to just about zero.

It's sad but true.

King Rising, while not as practical is a great alternative.

-Alain Bellon
E-Leoni
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
358 Posts

Profile of E-Leoni
The Balducci lift is also exposed free of charge on the internet. I know of a few lay people that have actually told me about it.
They even do it. I joke with them about it as if it is no big deal though.
shame.
Thanks for the feed back Jonathan.

E-Leoni.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4566 Posts

It's all in the set-up and presentation...

If you present it as a trick, it will be perceived as such.

It you present it as something more (or something you're working on, but don't quite have perfected yet), and understand the principles of psychological expectation, you will convince people that something wonderful has just happened.

Of course, in dealing with exposure, you have to be careful in select your witness for the effect. A little conversation beforehand will reveal if they're familiar with the technique.

If they're not, then perform it with no hesitation... then never perform it again for awhile, but allow your witness to share the experience with all their friends.

Your reputation will become legendary as the story grows in the telling.

The same principle holds true for many "miracles."
That Creepy Magician
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I watched this video, and was not impressed by the method. The demo video looked really good, and for only $17 I figured "what the heck". The method is different from any others, but hard for me to do. I think I will stick to Balducci.

Chad
A l a i n B e ll o n
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Quote:
On 2002-05-31 11:10, Philemon wrote:
It's all in the set-up and presentation...

If you present it as a trick, it will be perceived as such.

I would agree that in most cases this holds true. But in the case of the Balducci, the technique is so specific in the way it looks that it would be really hard to disguise if someone knows the method already.

Quote:
A little conversation beforehand will reveal if they're familiar with the technique.

That's a good idea. The exposure in this case is so wide that maybe if a person doesn't know, a friend might. So you go a convince one person and then her friend shows her the same thing when she goes talking about it. Of course your performance might be strong enough to sustain the belief but it may not.

Quote:
Your reputation will become legendary as the story grows in the telling.

This is absolutely true. And it can go further. I have told some people that I can levitate, and after participating in my performance they have no doubt about it, even when they have not seen it. And these same people will go and tell others about how I can levitate. And the word keeps spreading on something you have not done for them at all. I have had people approach me on the matter of levitation because they were told by someone that was told by someone else that was also told that I could levitate.

Of course by that time their mental image of my levitation ability is so incredible that I would be foolish to try it for them. I just reinforce the strength of their image by doing other miracles for them.

-Alain Bellon
A l a i n B e ll o n
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

I liked the King Rising. But it will take practice to master. Which is good since less people will be able to do it.

Chad, I think the method is clever and being impromptu offers a good alternative. And yes, you are right, it is not easy to do just after learning it.

If we can just figure out a different setup...

-Alain Bellon
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Philemon you are right on about performance! Do it sparingly and you become a legend. WHen people start to disbelieve you do it for them and boy oh boy!!! Then it is real!

I'll say this levitation looks better than any other impromptu one out there, a lot better looking than the balducci!

I've gotten the presentation down so it's more practical and much more impromptu and not needing a jacket.

Jonathan Grant

P.S. Anyone not in the correct angle will think you look like a MORON!!!
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Glad that you took the time to play with it, Jonathan. My original method relied ONLY on misidirection, which you would know if you read my notes. It took guts, but I've gotten away with it many times.

-Corey King
Corey King
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » KING_RISING?_IS_THIS_NEW/GOOD/SEEN_IT? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL