The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Mr. Mavens Books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2006-04-22 12:01, airship wrote:
Just ordered the 'Prism' book based on these recommendations.
But you guys are so evil! First you get me all worked up talking about this impossibly expensive 'Color' series, which I know I will never, ever be able to afford. Then you lightly let it slip that the whole thing can be had as a compilation for $40! Evil. Smile
Thanks for the recommendations. The Magic Café rocks!

airship,
Never figured out why the original color series went so high in value (I have the original complete set) which initially sold for $3.95 per book. Now they printed Prism and included all the color series inside this book, now my set is back down to being worth about what they originally sold for. I still must say though they all contain GREAT mentalism from a genius in our field..
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Just received my copy of 'Prism' from Aladdin Books in Fullerton, CA. It not only arrived FAST, they added a library-quality mylar cover to protect the dustjacket. I'm impressed.
As for the book itself, I just unwrapped it. But it's a nice-looking book with clean, clear illustrations (albeit few of them), 220 pages, and 53 effects by a master for forty bucks. My calculator says that's 75 cents apiece. What's not to like? Smile
BTW, Maven says, in the introduction, that 3000 copies were printed of the Blue book, the first in the series, but by the end of the series, he only produced 500 copies of the Violet book. So now I know why they're so expensive. I think 'Prism' is a better deal.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Mr. Mavens Books (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL