The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Where can I get my independent "for my fans" DVD reviewed? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

T. Durden
View Profile
Loyal user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
297 Posts

Profile of T. Durden
(Double-posting this question - both here, and the "Now that's funny!" forum here on the Café... Not sure which section would be more effective or more appropriate... Mods - please delete whichever posting is irrelevant)

Greetings, ladies & gents.

My alter-ego (my name isn't really Tyler Durden) is about to release a geared-for-the-general-public DVD... Mostly pure entertainment - clips from live performances - but also instructions for a number of tricks that a layperson can perform.

It's not going to be a mainstream release - only for my (Tyler's) fans, after shows. Ya know, to make a few extra bucks at the table in the back of the room.

Here's my question::: Are there any "reputable" magician-reviewers (preferably attached to a popular blog/mag/site/etc. that I could send it to for a review... but who are also interested in reviewing NOT JUST TRICK videos (but more creative endeavors such as this, which also includes ORIGINAL COMEDY MAGIC PERFORMANCES before live audiences, also)?

I've searched and searched, but it seems that every magic-reviewer I come across on the interwebs only reviews the "latest and greatest" teach-a-trick DVDs, intended only for magicians.

I have several stand-up comedy reviewers looking at the final product right now. That was easy. My brand of comedy-magic really has more of a stand-up vibe than a magician vibe.

Also, my goal is NOT to have mainstream acceptance.

Because I know that, with my style, I never will. I just think it would be cool to have a couple "quotes" I can use on the DVD cover... Good or bad... Actually, I think a bunch of "this guy is an embarrassment to the art of magic" -type quotes would be very beneficial for sales, considering my act's unorthodox approach to magic and my "party like a Kennedy" typical audience.

So... Yeah.

Any ideas? lol.

-"Tyler"
Nathan Tricky Allen
http://AdultsOnlyMagic.com
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Send it to Michael Close for review. He's known to be very kind and loves spending time doing reviews for products that will never be available.
T. Durden
View Profile
Loyal user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
297 Posts

Profile of T. Durden
Thank you. Any idea how to get ahold of him officially?

Wait. Unless you're jackin' with me.

I've had a few. Can't tell if serious...
Nathan Tricky Allen
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Michael Close is known as one of the top reviewers in magic. Are you not familiar with his reviews in Magic magazine?

He lives in Toronto now:

http://www.michaelclose.com/contact-us

He edits M.U.M. at this time. Not sure what his schedule is like, but you can ask him.
T. Durden
View Profile
Loyal user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
297 Posts

Profile of T. Durden
Very familiar, and I know the name well. Just didn't know if you were being facetious or not ("lol some unknown wants his audience-only dvd reviewed lol, I'm gonna give him a famous reviewer's name lol")...
But, actually, I ended up being accidentally proud of the whole thing. I just emailed Mr. Close. Thank you for the idea. *interwebs-fist-bump*
Nathan Tricky Allen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Where can I get my independent "for my fans" DVD reviewed? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL