The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My Cups and Balls Performance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Habbrock
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Habbrock
Here is my performance for a local magic competition (took 3rd) and it is currently in the "Known World's Got Talent" competition. I would appreciate any feedback. I know several things I could have done better but I am always looking for more feedback. I certainly wouldn't mind a vote for this current competition but mostly I want to improve my performance for the future. Thank you in advance.
http://youtu.be/kXtIpN3yE5c

-Jason Porter (AKA Aslak the Awful)
http://www.jasonmporter.com
PMVIVA
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
460 Posts

Profile of PMVIVA
I really liked your performance. Its a really good routine you have there. The only thing that I disliked was the vanish you used for the balls, the hand position (at least from my point of view) was akward and unnatural, but its just me. Other than that a really good routine.
If you have an apple and I have an apple, when we exchange them we both have an apple. If I have an idea and you haven an idea, when we exchange them we both have two ideas.

Supporting the open source community.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2043 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Interesting routining. The balls appearing on top of the bottom cup, underneath the top two, was a little awkward. Difficult to tell, in a parlor situation from the audience, how many balls are on the cup. Also they can fall off easily, as evidenced in here. However, I find your "unnatural" vanish particularly good. Yes, the hand position is unusual as PMVIVA noted. But the false take was undeniably convincing. Kudos! I want to also congratulate you on not overplaying the final loads. There's something to be said for downplaying that final moment of magic and letting the audience react however they want, which you did perfectly with the limes. Thanks for sharing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My Cups and Balls Performance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL